Wikiposts

Why Why Why Why.

Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Why Why Why.

I've only told half the people i know, thinking of not telling the other half. People can't understand why i have to go to the other side of the world for my dreams, and i can't explain it without sounding mad. Friends go on about security the UK offers but when i watch the news there is no security for me. A mortgage, job and a pension is not security

Stacey xxx
Old Mar 7th 2006, 11:07 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
I've only told half the people i know, thinking of not telling the other half. People can't understand why i have to go to the other side of the world for my dreams, and i can't explain it without sounding mad. Friends go on about security the UK offers but when i watch the news there is no security for me. A mortgage, job and a pension is not security

Stacey xxx

Stacey, welcome to the world of us lunatics, why are we doing it, i think its our personality, we just won't be satisfied until we do, nothing concrete, just that
Old Mar 7th 2006, 2:14 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan

Stacey xxx
Whilst it's probably far from being an issue for most on this forum, it's not exactly easy to retire here in Oz. You pretty much work until you drop, as I understand it. No official retirement age or guaranteed pension as in the UK and the *state* pension here is means-tested. (Apart from Brits who have paid in to the state scheme in the UK - which isn't really *secure* any more and probably won't exist by the time most of you reach *retirement age*.) No large *winter fuel allowances* like in the UK - not that they're needed here, I guess. I think pension funds can be just as dubious here as in the UK - my husband's Aussie boss has just lost his entire pension fund and at the age of 50 that's pretty serious. He's now facing work until he dies...

At least - for the moment - the UK state still looks after you from cradle to grave. Which has got to be worth something?