Wikiposts

Why Why Why Why.

Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:18 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Why Why Why Why.

Originally Posted by thebears
Why?

"To get away from pessimistic people like you."

do you know they have snakes, so does the UK but my wife prefers BIG SNAKES.
thats where all the criminals go, and from where?
oh no its to hot there oh shit its raining here
and if one more person tell me to throw another shrimp on the Barbie Send a postcard "Glad your not here it would spoil the BBQ"
They forgot to tell you that because of the hole in the ozone layer over OZ you will drop dead of skin cancer.
That your house will be burnt down in a bushfire.
You will be eaten by sharks or crocs.
That you will be speared by aboriginies and cooked in a large pot for their dinner.
You will get lost in the outback and die of thirst.
You will drown in the ocean after getting caught in a rip of or a large wave
You will be eaten alive by a pack of Tasmanian Devils or a Bunyip.
Kicked to death by a Kangaroo.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:47 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tygwyn
I tend to find that we are called 'brave' when we tell people about it - Brave FFS?!! I'm shitting myself!! They also like to add 'Its a long flight though you know?'!!! Oh bloody hell is it?? If I'd known that I wouldn't have applied for the Visa!!

LOL!!!
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:48 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell them to "nik off" It's all ripper over here!!

Your life, yours to live.

How is Redditch by the way? Used to live in Walkwood.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Hereandnow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Is anyone else sick and tired of people asking why. Me and my husband have started telling a few people now that our TRA has been submitted, and i wished we hadn't bothered. Straight away they ask why, i must have repeated myself 5 times today. I must have heard atleast ten times do you know they have snakes, thats where all the criminals go, oh no its to hot there and if one more person tell me to throw another shrimp on the Barbie i am going to scream. I know people are just interested but its they way they say it like are we mad. We will continue to tell people and i will keep smiling when they ask why and laugh at the shrimp on the Barbie.

Shelia no only kidding Stacey xx

I know what you mean, I used to dread telling people anything about our plans because they always asked the same questions:

Have you heard anything yet?
Why?
Big step?
Long way from home?
Oh well you could always come back if it dosn't work!
You are brave, I couldnt leave my mum/dad/sister/friends/town.

It started to drag me down and I used to rehearse my answers in preperation. At times I started to seriously doubt what we were doing cos I thought if no one else wants to do this why are we? Are we being stupidly brave and selfish leaving people behind. I wish people could of been more positive about our move. Anyway we have been in Oz 4 months now and not regretted it for a minute, its fantastic and I love how upbeat Aussies are. People in the UK seemed so pessimistic and miserable most of the time, one reason why we wanted to leave. When people ask you 'why' just say lifes too short not to, the opportunities there for you and your grabbing it.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 11:18 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Those people that have negative stereotypical views of OZ have never been there before, if they went there on a holiday and saw what its really like they would probably want to immigrate also.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 3:06 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
They forgot to tell you that because of the hole in the ozone layer over OZ you will drop dead of skin cancer.
That your house will be burnt down in a bushfire.
You will be eaten by sharks or crocs.
That you will be speared by aboriginies and cooked in a large pot for their dinner.
You will get lost in the outback and die of thirst.
You will drown in the ocean after getting caught in a rip of or a large wave
You will be eaten alive by a pack of Tasmanian Devils or a Bunyip.
Kicked to death by a Kangaroo.
pssst.....<whispers>.....you forgot being bitten by spiders and mozzies....
Old Mar 6th 2006, 3:16 pm
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

We had a different problem.
We didnt tell anyone because of the same reason you gave, when we got our visa everyone asked why didnt we tell them we had applied.

Is anyone else sick and tired of people asking why. Me and my husband have started telling a few people now that our TRA has been submitted, and i wished we hadn't bothered. Straight away they ask why, i must have repeated myself 5 times today. I must have heard atleast ten times do you know they have snakes, thats where all the criminals go, oh no its to hot there and if one more person tell me to throw another shrimp on the Barbie i am going to scream. I know people are just interested but its they way they say it like are we mad. We will continue to tell people and i will keep smiling when they ask why and laugh at the shrimp on the Barbie.

Shelia no only kidding Stacey xx
Old Mar 6th 2006, 6:38 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Why Why Why Why.

thats where all the criminals go
The correct response to this is "Yes, originally. Now it's a mecca for ex-pat Brits who wish to leave the UK, which is full of criminals. Isn't irony a wonderful thing?"

It's interesting that ever since I arrived in the UK, the first question I usually get asked when meeting a new person is "Why did you come to the UK if you already lived in Australia?!" (these days I reply "I'm beginning to ask myself the same question...") which is frequently followed by "You must be crazy!"

They are right, of course.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 6:41 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
"Why did you come to the UK if you already lived in Australia?!" (these days I reply "I'm beginning to ask myself the same question...") which is frequently followed by "You must be crazy!"

We get asked the same qyestion here, mate it's because everyone thinks the grass is greener.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 7:07 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Why Why Why Why.

Originally Posted by fraser
We get asked the same qyestion here, mate it's because everyone thinks the grass is greener.
Yes, you will tend to get that question from people who have never been to the UK.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 7:09 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

The correct response to this is "Yes, originally. Now it's a mecca for ex-pat Brits who wish to leave the UK, which is full of criminals. Isn't irony a wonderful thing?"

It's interesting that ever since I arrived in the UK, the first question I usually get asked when meeting a new person is "Why did you come to the UK if you already lived in Australia?!" (these days I reply "I'm beginning to ask myself the same question...") which is frequently followed by "You must be crazy!"

But the UK hasn't been all bad for you - you're a married man now because of it? Really crazy? Don't think so....
Old Mar 6th 2006, 7:14 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
- you're a married man now because of it?
No wonder he's bitter :scared:
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Tell them to "nik off" It's all ripper over here!!

Your life, yours to live.

How is Redditch by the way? Used to live in Walkwood.
Redditch well what can i say, i don't know when you left but to me any think that was green has got a housing estate on it now, and we have gained a few more islands. Not going to miss it.

Staceyx
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:42 pm
‹(•¿•)›

Superstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstar has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you will tend to get that question from people who have never been to the UK.
You have not just got a chip on your shoulder but a whole bag of spuds...LOL

The grass IS always greener...Once we got over the initial honeymoon period here it is work...bills...problems...fun...sun...life goes on, it is the same here as it is in the UK mate just warmer.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 4:45 am
Fighting my corner

Smile Re: Why Why Why Why.

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
But the UK hasn't been all bad for you - you're a married man now because of it? Really crazy? Don't think so....
LOL, that's true - the UK has been very good for me indeed!

I still wouldn't move here for good, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.