Why Why Why Why.

Old Mar 7th 2006, 4:46 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Why Why Why Why.

Originally Posted by Superstar
You have not just got a chip on your shoulder but a whole bag of spuds...LOL

The grass IS always greener...Once we got over the initial honeymoon period here it is work...bills...problems...fun...sun...life goes on, it is the same here as it is in the UK mate just warmer.
I probably do have a chip on my shoulder (or even the bag of spuds to which you refer) but it wouldn't be there if the UK had lived up to my expectations.

I actually thought the grass would be greener in the UK. It's not why I moved here in the first place; I originally came over for a 1-year working holiday. I never had any intention of staying forever (and still don't) but I did expect it to be better than Australia.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Why Why Why.

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I probably do have a chip on my shoulder (or even the bag of spuds to which you refer) but it wouldn't be there if the UK had lived up to my expectations.

I actually thought the grass would be greener in the UK. It's not why I moved here in the first place; I originally came over for a 1-year working holiday. I never had any intention of staying forever (and still don't) but I did expect it to be better than Australia.
Don't worry hun, it doesn't live up to my expectations either and I'm British

Give it another 6 months to a year and ALL the expectations etc will disappear, then you'll be as miserable as me
Old Mar 7th 2006, 5:01 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Why Why Why Why.

Originally Posted by WendyC
Don't worry hun, it doesn't live up to my expectations either and I'm British

Give it another 6 months to a year and ALL the expectations etc will disappear, then you'll be as miserable as me
It's more than 2 years on now, and I think I've reached that stage!

Old Mar 7th 2006, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Well you'll just have to do the "British" thing then........

Old Mar 7th 2006, 5:11 pm
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

no loaded question here just curious, if its that bad why stick it?
I know i wouldnt be any where i didnt have to be.

Old Mar 7th 2006, 5:11 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC

Well you'll just have to do the "British" thing then........

and move to oz
Old Mar 7th 2006, 6:01 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Is anyone else sick and tired of people asking why. Me and my husband have started telling a few people now that our TRA has been submitted, and i wished we hadn't bothered. Straight away they ask why, i must have repeated myself 5 times today. I must have heard atleast ten times do you know they have snakes, thats where all the criminals go, oh no its to hot there and if one more person tell me to throw another shrimp on the Barbie i am going to scream. I know people are just interested but its they way they say it like are we mad. We will continue to tell people and i will keep smiling when they ask why and laugh at the shrimp on the Barbie.

Shelia no only kidding Stacey xx

lol....soon you will get 'oh, havent you gone yet?'

just smile and nod gravely, muttering something about waiting for official approval from the prime minister - and he only does this visa approving 2 days a year.
then when you do get it, everyone will be dead impressed that the pm himself approved it
Old Mar 7th 2006, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
I always say "yes, I went last week, can't you tell" that shuts em up
Old Mar 7th 2006, 6:05 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins

I get that a lot, i just say yeah but just flew back last night to be here (Here being picking kids up from footy, the pub etc.)
Old Mar 7th 2006, 6:12 pm
Fighting my corner

Cool Re: Why Why Why Why.

Originally Posted by tucs
no loaded question here just curious, if its that bad why stick it?

I know i wouldnt be any where i didnt have to be.
No choice at the moment; commitments to work (I've just landed a management position) and the in-laws (who are keen to see a bit more of their daughter before they lose her to the other side of the world - which is fair enough.) I haven't been home for more than 2 years now, but our planned reccie in August will help to ease the pain.

We're currently scheduled for escape at the end of 2007. I can think of many things that I'll definitely miss, but I certainly won't have any regrets.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

australia to canada will become famous soon enough

We're currently scheduled for escape at the end of 2007. I can think of many things that I'll definitely miss, but I certainly won't have any regrets.
Wouldn't you regret that instead of getting out and looking at what UK had to offer you spent your entire time there moaning about it and waffling about an australia that no longer exists
Old Mar 7th 2006, 8:17 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure its a bit of jealous and 'how dare' you escape to Australia attitude.

I would twist the tables, you only live once and want to experience more to life.

Most people only leave the U.K. for a trip to spain and thats classified as the normally thing.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:08 pm
Fighting my corner

Arrow Re: Why Why Why Why.

Originally Posted by australia to canada
Wouldn't you regret that instead of getting out and looking at what UK had to offer
I have got out and seen what the UK has to offer. And I've concluded that for the most part, it's not what I want.

That's my prerogative.

you spent your entire time there moaning about it and waffling about an australia that no longer exists
I haven't spent my entire time here moaning about it (not that you're in any position to judge anyway) and I am not waffling about an Australia that "no longer exists." I only left the place in January 2004, for crying out loud.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:12 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Is anyone else sick and tired of people asking why. Me and my husband have started telling a few people now that our TRA has been submitted, and i wished we hadn't bothered. Straight away they ask why, i must have repeated myself 5 times today. I must have heard atleast ten times do you know they have snakes, thats where all the criminals go, oh no its to hot there and if one more person tell me to throw another shrimp on the Barbie i am going to scream. I know people are just interested but its they way they say it like are we mad. We will continue to tell people and i will keep smiling when they ask why and laugh at the shrimp on the Barbie.

Shelia no only kidding Stacey xx

Wait till you've been asked 50 million times, are you not in australia yet I wish i hadn't opened my mouth untill the day i left work
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:20 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Wait till you've been asked 50 million times, are you not in australia yet I wish i hadn't opened my mouth untill the day i left work
Wait until you get here and everyone keeps asking you why you would move here from the UK, and you have to keep explaining.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.