Wikiposts

Why Why Why Why.

Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why Why Why Why.

Is anyone else sick and tired of people asking why. Me and my husband have started telling a few people now that our TRA has been submitted, and i wished we hadn't bothered. Straight away they ask why, i must have repeated myself 5 times today. I must have heard atleast ten times do you know they have snakes, thats where all the criminals go, oh no its to hot there and if one more person tell me to throw another shrimp on the Barbie i am going to scream. I know people are just interested but its they way they say it like are we mad. We will continue to tell people and i will keep smiling when they ask why and laugh at the shrimp on the Barbie.

Shelia no only kidding Stacey xx
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:45 am
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Why Why Why.

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Is anyone else sick and tired of people asking why. Me and my husband have started telling a few people now that our TRA has been submitted, and i wished we hadn't bothered. Straight away they ask why, i must have repeated myself 5 times today. I must have heard atleast ten times do you know they have snakes, thats where all the criminals go, oh no its to hot there and if one more person tell me to throw another shrimp on the Barbie i am going to scream. I know people are just interested but its they way they say it like are we mad. We will continue to tell people and i will keep smiling when they ask why and laugh at the shrimp on the Barbie.

We've found a common theme amongst most who cast bemusement to what we're doing. These people tend to be content with intertia.

There's nothing wrong with that.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:51 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

oh they are probably just jealous!

We are very lucky...so far everyone we have told of our plans thinks its great!
Might change though when visa comes through!
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:55 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan

It's your life, live it. One day will be your last.
As for the criminal comment... well didn't they have the last laugh and didn't they turn it into one of themost progressive, infectious places in the world?
Your mates are jealous.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:09 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to find that we are called 'brave' when we tell people about it - Brave FFS?!! I'm shitting myself!! They also like to add 'Its a long flight though you know?'!!! Oh bloody hell is it?? If I'd known that I wouldn't have applied for the Visa!!
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:30 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

I just reply and why not !!!

People are either lost for words, agree or simply try and blag a holiday
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:38 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Why?

"To get away from pessimistic people like you."

do you know they have snakes, so does the UK but my wife prefers BIG SNAKES.
thats where all the criminals go, and from where?
oh no its to hot there oh shit its raining here
and if one more person tell me to throw another shrimp on the Barbie Send a postcard "Glad your not here it would spoil the BBQ"
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Craigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really nice

I seem to get a mixture of responses:

Some remind me of my fear of snakes... (gee thanks!!!) - generally those who are a little jealous!

Some say it is fantastic opportunity - generally those who are planning their holidays around staying with me in Cairns!

Having being named Craigy by the kids at the lifesaving club the latest newsletter has gone officially renaming me Bruce!

All I get is 1 question - "have you heard anything yet?" (since last October when I applied for the job) and my only response as been that I probably going at the end of March. I now realise we are in March and instead of a couple of months or a month that is possibly only 3 and a half weeks away (aaagggghhh!!!!) - providing I get my visa in the next couple of weeks!

Gone from fairly excited to just plain scared now! :scared:
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:44 am

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craigy

Gone from fairly excited to just plain scared now! :scared:

I'm with you on that one - we fly on 30th March :scared:
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Craigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really niceCraigy is just really nice

Originally Posted by tygwyn
I'm with you on that one - we fly on 30th March :scared:
Where are you heading to? Might see you on the plane...
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Craigy
Where are you heading to? Might see you on the plane...
We're off to Sydney - how about you?
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tygwyn
We're off to Sydney - how about you?
Cairns - I'm allegedly a croc's banquet!!! (Thanks to my boss for that one!)
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=stacey and jordan]Is anyone else sick and tired of people asking why. Me and my husband have started telling a few people now that our TRA has been submitted, and i wished we hadn't bothered. Straight away they ask why, i must have repeated myself 5 times today. I must have heard atleast ten times do you know they have snakes, thats where all the criminals go, oh no its to hot there and if one more person tell me to throw another shrimp on the Barbie i am going to scream. I know people are just interested but its they way they say it like are we mad. We will continue to tell people and i will keep smiling when they ask why and laugh at the shrimp on the Barbie.

We have had some people really pleased for us and others who think (and don't mind saying) that we have lost our minds. "How can you take your children so far from their grandparents?" "How are you going to support yourselves?" (Do they not think people work in Oz?) Hubby also got the comment about the criminals. He just told them he likes to live life on the edge.
Mostly when people ask I tell them that I only have one life and if I sat back and watched it pass me by it would be a waste. My parents are thrilled for us starting a new life in a new country. And anyone who truly cares about you will be too.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

If you want people to stop asking why you are going then stop telling them. It's a natural reaction to ask why..
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

jo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant future

Hi,

I know what you mean, I think deep down that this is how some people deal with the disappointed in there own lives, and are jealous of the move you are making.

I was always ask the question why, and sometimes I would humor them and let them carry on, and them sometimes I would say WHY NOT, Silence.

I used to also get, how lucky are you going to live in Australia, yeah right, these people are the ones that always use the excuse that they are never lucky and that why life treats them so bad, it aint nothin to do with luck, it's to do with getting out there and doing it.

Goodluck with everything.

Jo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.