Wikiposts

Why so touchy?

Old Jun 4th 2011, 12:08 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why so touchy?

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
Time for some Domestic Discipline I reckon. Now go google & let's make this thread a tad more interesting.
Well that's whiled away a portion of saturday night! Educational too!
Old Jun 4th 2011, 12:44 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Nothing wrong with a bit of wife beating...
Some women like a bit of that.....
Old Jun 4th 2011, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston
i woke up a little later than the rest of the family the other day after a nite of torrential rain..i walked into the living room and there was a duck sitting by the fire,as this kind of thing is nothing strange in our house..i said to my wife..

"whys there a duck by the fire"

she replies "it got wet in the nite so the kids are warming it"

and you think things are strange in your house amazulu?
Are you sure they werent doing roast duck.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

I always make sure there is clean boxers in the drawer for himself in the morning otherwise we have words.Of course I would never expect him to have clean knicker laid out for me. But he does put food on the table.I draw the line at having socks rready.All the socks are put in a big bag for everyone to help themselves.I dont think the oh has worn a matching pair in years.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold

I hate ironing and hubby was in the UK for a few weeks. He returned last week and all I can say is thank goodness the help is back.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold

Nothing wrong with a bit of wife beating...
That's considered foreplay in Rockingham.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 3:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
I always make sure there is clean boxers in the drawer for himself in the morning otherwise we have words.Of course I would never expect him to have clean knicker laid out for me. But he does put food on the table.I draw the line at having socks rready.All the socks are put in a big bag for everyone to help themselves.I dont think the oh has worn a matching pair in years.
I knew I couldn't be the only person around who never matches their socks and always wears odd ones!
Old Jun 4th 2011, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

My OH likes all his pants folded neatly and ready to wear, his socks in the right way and rolled together in pairs and his shirts all ironed and ready to wear. I do it because he goes on and on and on and on ....... However occasionally I may not turn his socks inside out - talk about living on the edge!!!

He hasn't beaten me yet but then again I know my place and keep my mouth firmly closed on discussions about things like politics and general knowledge. I know that men are far superior and we should be seen but not heard in discussions of this type!!

NB - don't iron his shirts or anything for that matter. I take it all to a lady down the road and a smashing job she does too!
Old Jun 4th 2011, 9:39 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

You're supposed to iron shirts?

::makes a note to keep Himself away from this thread, don't want him getting fancy ideas..::
Old Jun 4th 2011, 9:45 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I knew I couldn't be the only person around who never matches their socks and always wears odd ones!
Only buy socks in one colour. Sorted.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 9:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Only buy socks in one colour. Sorted.
Naaa thats boring!! I started a family trend, both nieces now wear odd socks, though the younger one has to sneak out an odd one in her pocket and put it on outside so she doesn't get a lecture from her mum
Old Jun 4th 2011, 10:27 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

The great thing about wearing odd socks is that the usually have 2 pairs the same
Old Jun 4th 2011, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Yesterday morning getting ready for work. Walk into wardrobe to get a clean shirt and find that there aren't any. Call down the stairs to enquire about their whereabouts, and get this (angry) reply, 'they don't f**king iron themselves you know'. What's that all about? I was only asking for a shirt FFS.

Modern women eh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXit0...eature=related
Old Jun 4th 2011, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hebe
My OH likes all his pants folded neatly and ready to wear, his socks in the right way and rolled together in pairs and his shirts all ironed and ready to wear. I do it because he goes on and on and on and on ....... However occasionally I may not turn his socks inside out - talk about living on the edge!!!

He hasn't beaten me yet but then again I know my place and keep my mouth firmly closed on discussions about things like politics and general knowledge. I know that men are far superior and we should be seen but not heard in discussions of this type!!

NB - don't iron his shirts or anything for that matter. I take it all to a lady down the road and a smashing job she does too!

LOL...

We are a Team.. In our house.. But HE is the team captain... i ONLY keep my mouth shut if we have a difference of opinion over a decision and HE has heard my side and still decided to go with HIS decision... Even if I dont agree .we have a relationship where I have made an active decision to choose to do that...

HE listens to what I think... HE makes the decision.. I live with that... And get on with it..

arguing the point, going on about it... Nagging HIM wouldnt make for a happy atmosphere...

People who know me and know HIM would probably be surprised to hear that.. I'm a strong woman, HE is quite a quiet chap...I'm a bit loud... They probably think I wear the trousers in our house ... They are SO WRONG...

People often wonder how we are so happy after so many years together... i honestly believe its the fact I recognise HIM as the Team Leader in our home and thats how we live.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

LOL...

We are a Team.. In our house.. But HE is the team captain... i ONLY keep my mouth shut if we have a difference of opinion over a decision and HE has heard my side and still decided to go with HIS decision... Even if I dont agree .we have a relationship where I have made an active decision to choose to do that...

HE listens to what I think... HE makes the decision.. I live with that... And get on with it..

arguing the point, going on about it... Nagging HIM wouldnt make for a happy atmosphere...

People who know me and know HIM would probably be surprised to hear that.. I'm a strong woman, HE is quite a quiet chap...I'm a bit loud... They probably think I wear the trousers in our house ... They are SO WRONG...

People often wonder how we are so happy after so many years together... i honestly believe its the fact I recognise HIM as the Team Leader in our home and thats how we live.
I've always liked the analogy of Officer Commanding and Chief of Staff...

In this context, the OC makes all the decisions and is responsible, but the CoS does a load of the work...

I've always been the OC in my home...but since we've had children, my 'Chief of Staff' has a lot more work to do and is a lot more influential...and makes all sorts of day to day decisions in committees and on boards I have no interest in...increasingly there's not much for me to do...perhaps my role is increasingly ceremonial (to carry on the analogy). My wife might implement a policy for the washing machine..or some aspect of domestic life...but she would never take out insurance or big financial commitment without asking me.

It seems, jesting aside..in this age of now long-standing equality...there are a lot of British posters who belive certain work is women's work. And people say Australia is sexist.

I iron my shirts and trousers and would not have anyone else touch them. A man should know how to iron, and make small repairs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.