Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

why people leave the uk

why people leave the uk

Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:51 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why people leave the uk

Originally Posted by Assegai
Because 97% of the pop'n is heterosexual. Around 16% of females have been abused as kids and 7% of males abused as boys.

Therefore if u accept that men abusing boys is a homosexual act proportionally far more abuse is carried by homosexuals.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:53 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever people lose the argument they try to muddy the waters.

The point about whether more 16 year old females smoke than 16 year old males is irrelevant to this discussion.

I would rather my teenage lad experimented with cigarettes than homosexuality (maybe you think differently)and I think it's perverse that the gov't has reduced the legal age to 16 for homosexual buggery yet raised the age of smoking to 18, as the former is hardly a healthy lifestyle to indulge in at such a young age.
Lol, lose the argument, I'd say I have had some input, hoepfully put some points across, some may agree some maybe won't but this is not a points scoring excercise. If it's irrelevant why bring it up about most males before being 16 smoking? Get real.

Of course if you think you have beaten me in this forum I have no issue with that, though it is small minded.

I have been staggered by some of your comments, maybe your one of those people who have led a sheltered life and no disrespect meant to others who may be getting on, but possibly old as your comments strike me to be from someone who lived their lives in the 60's/70's?

Will wait with baited breath for an well thought out response.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:53 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Because 97% of the pop'n is heterosexual. Around 16% of females have been abused as kids and 7% of males abused as boys.

Therefore if u accept that men abusing boys is a homosexual act proportionally far more abuse is carried by homosexuals.
you really have problems with this subject don't you.

Perhaps you need help.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:56 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by russmcp

but possibly old as your comments strike me to be from someone who lived their lives in the 60's/70's?

Hey.....I lived through the 60's/70's as well.....please don't mix me up with this twisted nutcase.

G
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:56 pm

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Is it 1 in 10? Though isn't there some that say there is a scaling ladder in terms of peoples sexuality? Be interesting to find out how many have experimented when young, then when older feel it's not right for them. It's good to know we now live in a more tolerant society where people can hopefully experiment with how they are feeling there and then and hopefully not worry about the consequences later.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Grayling
Hey.....I lived through the 60's/70's as well.....please don't mix me up with this twisted nutcase.

G
As I said Grayling, no offence to the 'elders' besides, while some don't warm to your posts I always like what you say, fairly balanced view IMHO.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 9:02 pm
Bitter and twisted

As I said Grayling, no offence to the 'elders' besides, while some don't warm to your posts I always like what you say, fairly balanced view IMHO.
I did not think you meant all of 'us'.

I think I am pretty liberal overall.

G
Old Nov 9th 2007, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Just caught the tail end of this...
umm, aren't most sex crimes actually about power over someone? So it is all about the relationship not their sex..just a thought
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:42 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Q: Why do people leave the UK?
A: Because they can.

All the rest is just semantics and opinion - we all came from a western democracy that afforded us the opportunity to exercise some free-will - not all people have that same luxury.

If person A leaves because they think the UK's awash with dole-bludging east european migrants - so what?
If person B leaves because they're offended by the policies of the incumbent political party - so what?
If person C leaves because they're afraid they'll brush up against a 'homo' in some public lavs and turn gay - so what?

Everyone has their own rule sheet that makes perfect sense to them - to squabble over the small-print is futile - if mildly amusing.

Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Q: Why do people leave the UK?
A: Because they can.

All the rest is just semantics and opinion - we all came from a western democracy that afforded us the opportunity to exercise some free-will - not all people have that same luxury.

If person A leaves because they think the UK's awash with dole-bludging east european migrants - so what?
If person B leaves because they're offended by the policies of the incumbent political party - so what?
If person C leaves because they're afraid they'll brush up against a 'homo' in some public lavs and turn gay - so what?

Everyone has their own rule sheet that makes perfect sense to them - to squabble over the small-print is futile - if mildly amusing.

Yuuuppp. I've always said if people have i) a ''crap'' life (by their own admission) ii) and can leave - have a choice - then good for them.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser

Because you're skilled you believe you have the right to improve your life and because they're poor and unskilled how dare they seek something better?
You're right Fraser - have to admit though I can see the peeve.

Filling in forms and going through loopholes vs people flying flags of convenience and turning up would peeve some people. I think it is nothing less than that.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:55 pm
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

I read the above then realised I was sat at the PC open mouthed.......

WTF is a 'normal' relationship? We're all different, gay bi straight relationships etc.

I think your comment above is undiginified, offensive and very uneducated.

Teenagers will experiment, and some well before the legal age (I did). Why the need to discriminate against a gay/bi or just confused 16 or 17 year old person by upping the legal age to 18? It won't stop them, just means that you probably add to the possible 'guilt' they are going to feel about the whole issue, i.e. worry about social/family acceptance and breaking the law.

Your comment about being taken advantage of by older people, are there any stats out there to prove this? It was a very generalised comment.

Kids do grow up far to fast these days, but hopefully more educated and tolerant about accepting other peoples sexuality than when I was growing up.
Get a life FFS.

Teenagers will experiment ? not on my council estate they did, only with the opposite sex.

So, later life acceptance for a gay man that has now gone and married would be "so easy" you reckon ? Whether you like it or not , there is a vast majority of people that just don't understand how a gizza can be attracted to another bloke. Horses for courses, but I just don't understand it myself. So, once you go down that route, I don't think it is that easy to just walk away from it and back into a life of normal relationships (hetero sexual ones) and all that surrounds that lifestyle friends, workmates etc.

Stats ? I must remember to start basing my opinions on stats now ahh

The comment about being taken advantage of - of course it is generalized, ITS MY OPPION. Do I believe in the statement - yes.

As for sexual experimentation - how many times do you see a group of mates talking about there previous gay lovers before getting married to there missus ? I can just see the local now, just a bit of general banter before going to the match

join life in the real world
Old Nov 9th 2007, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jc_hoops
Get a life FFS.

Teenagers will experiment ? not on my council estate they did, only with the opposite sex.

So, later life acceptance for a gay man that has now gone and married would be "so easy" you reckon ? Whether you like it or not , there is a vast majority of people that just don't understand how a gizza can be attracted to another bloke. Horses for courses, but I just don't understand it myself. So, once you go down that route, I don't think it is that easy to just walk away from it and back into a life of normal relationships (hetero sexual ones) and all that surrounds that lifestyle friends, workmates etc.

Stats ? I must remember to start basing my opinions on stats now ahh

The comment about being taken advantage of - of course it is generalized, ITS MY OPPION. Do I believe in the statement - yes.

As for sexual experimentation - how many times do you see a group of mates talking about there previous gay lovers before getting married to there missus ? I can just see the local now, just a bit of general banter before going to the match

join life in the real world
You only know what happened on your council estate from what people told you. You follow the rules. I know what happened both from what people told me and what I personally did. Because of traditional attitudes it is hardly surprising that people who are of different sexuality don't blurt it out for fear of being battered by the ignoramus' in society- or murdered in Jamaica.

Taking two examples that have come to my knowledge in the last few days one of my work colleagues, a male in his 20s, entered into a civil partnership last weekend. Not many people know- cos being in the male macho world of broking/dealing he fears the attitudes to him could change. In another case the son of a friend of mine went to uni a couple of months back as James and turned up home last weekend as Jemima much to the shock of parents.

The sooner people can accept that sexuality is something we are born with and not merely something environmental the better in my view society will become. Oh, for what it's worth, I am hetro. But should that actually matter? Shouldn't people be defined by things other than what they do between the sheets?

Last edited by wheatsheaf42; Nov 9th 2007 at 11:45 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 12:20 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf42

The sooner people can accept that sexuality is something we are born with and not merely something environmental the better in my view society will become. Oh, for what it's worth, I am hetro. But should that actually matter? Shouldn't people be defined by things other than what they do between the sheets?

Now I dont care whether people are gay, straight, bi, bendy, pink with sky blue dots or whatever as long as they are decent human beings.

But while at Uni studying I got to meet a group of woman who deliberately chose a gay/lesbian way of life not because they were born that way (their own admission, not my words) but because of their radical feminist political view point and their dislike of the male species and apparently there are quite a few of them who follow thier pattern according to them

But i didnt care who they disliked they bought the beers and we had a laugh thats all that matters.

That was a bit heavy talking sociology at silly 0 clock.

Just wanted to add a new perspective.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 12:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf42
You only know what happened on your council estate from what people told you. You follow the rules. I know what happened both from what people told me and what I personally did. Because of traditional attitudes it is hardly surprising that people who are of different sexuality don't blurt it out for fear of being battered by the ignoramus' in society- or murdered in Jamaica.

Taking two examples that have come to my knowledge in the last few days one of my work colleagues, a male in his 20s, entered into a civil partnership last weekend. Not many people know- cos being in the male macho world of broking/dealing he fears the attitudes to him could change. In another case the son of a friend of mine went to uni a couple of months back as James and turned up home last weekend as Jemima much to the shock of parents.

Well said!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.