Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

why people leave the uk

why people leave the uk

Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:04 am
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all
Default Re: why people leave the uk

Originally Posted by kez81
Why shouldnt the age of consent not be 16 for gay people when it is for straight they should have the same rights as us, as for adopting kids they should have the right to this also!

govermemt is crap here in oz also im afraid!
why - because you don't have a clue about life at 16 that's why. Kids have enough goning on, without having to make life changing decisions about whether they are gay or not !!!!!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:08 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jc_hoops
why - because you don't have a clue about life at 16 that's why. Kids have enough goning on, without having to make life changing decisions about whether they are gay or not !!!!!
Surely applies to heteros too? I reckon most know whether that are gay or not at 16.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:13 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

We don't all leave UK because of the crime.

Yesterday in lovely Perth, the sun was shining, it was lovely and warm, not much traffic, open views, blue sky................yet some kid launched a brick at my car that went straight through the window as i was driving

Get real!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:20 am
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Originally Posted by renth
Surely applies to heteros too? I reckon most know whether that are gay or not at 16.
you reakon ? So break it down for me a bit. What are the other ages that KIDS should be making life changing choices ? I suppose you you be ok for marriage at 14 ? I mean, girls can reproduce eh ?

But, if you can get married at 14, then surley you can go to war at 12, I mean you have to have some life experience before marriage ?

Jezz at sixteen, kids can't even make up there mind what they want to do for future employment let alone decide what sex they intend to be ?
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go folks Age of consent chart for gay sex around the world.

Looks like most of australias already 16.

Once again then the posters whingin about whats already going on here

http://www.avert.org/aofconsent.htm

Love the way in queensland male to male sex is not OK till 18 but girls go for your life at 16, were very macho here you know LOL

Last edited by jad n rich; Nov 9th 2007 at 1:27 am.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:28 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

you reakon ? So break it down for me a bit. What are the other ages that KIDS should be making life changing choices ? I suppose you you be ok for marriage at 14 ? I mean, girls can reproduce eh ?
16 is the legal age for consent for heteros, so why shouldn't it be for gays?
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:31 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Here we go folks Age of consent chart for gay sex around the world.

Looks like most of australias already 16.

Once again then the posters whingin about whats already going on here

http://www.avert.org/aofconsent.htm

Love the way in queensland male to male sex is not OK till 18 but girls go for your life at 16, were very macho here you know LOL
Christ, Spain 13 for heteros and gays!! Now THAT'S too young!

I wonder how many people use that page as a holiday planner!

Last edited by renth; Nov 9th 2007 at 1:34 am.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:37 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

ha ha i was once 16 you know!!!! 10 years ago!!! i think gay people know well before there 16 if there gay i have a friend who is and she knew from a very young age.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:42 am
Banned

16 is the legal age for consent for heteros, so why shouldn't it be for gays?
why, because it is a life changing decision. How many kids of 16 can easily get caught up with deviant adults, ( and children) who have there own agenda, then give them the spill about "coming out" and suddenly they are gay.

No, give kids a bit of time to grow up, experience the "being" an adult first, then let them make that decision. It's just not that simple to say, "oh it's 16 for them, so 16 for us". With all that goes on in a 16 year olds mind these days, it's just about just one less major decision to make for a few more years. Not like there are stacks of 16 year old gay clubs around ? So, in the grand scale of things, a few years is not a major ask I believe.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:44 am

why, because it is a life changing decision. How many kids of 16 can easily get caught up with deviant adults, ( and children) who have there own agenda, then give them the spill about "coming out" and suddenly they are gay.

No, give kids a bit of time to grow up, experience the "being" an adult first, then let them make that decision. It's just not that simple to say, "oh it's 16 for them, so 16 for us". With all that goes on in a 16 year olds mind these days, it's just about just one less major decision to make for a few more years. Not like there are stacks of 16 year old gay clubs around ? So, in the grand scale of things, a few years is not a major ask I believe.
the same can be said for straight kids could it not??? and gay clubs arent the only place to meet other gay people its 2007 get with the times!!

the age for consent in oz is 16 for straight and gay people and so it should be!!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:49 am
Banned

ha ha i was once 16 you know!!!! 10 years ago!!! i think gay people know well before there 16 if there gay i have a friend who is and she knew from a very young age.
really? well there is the otherside of the coin. People who think they are gay, and then get married later in life to the opposite sex.( did they suddenly decide to go back to a normal relationship, OR, just maybe they never were really gay in the first place!) Now, gizza's would have probably have a smile on the face knowing that there missus had been in a female relationship previously, but how many women would like there husband to have be a turd burglar ?
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:53 am
(It's not my real name)

but how many women would like there husband to have be a turd burglar ?
Sounds like a good question for a poll!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:55 am
Banned

Sounds like a good question for a poll!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:59 am

really? well there is the otherside of the coin. People who think they are gay, and then get married later in life to the opposite sex.( did they suddenly decide to go back to a normal relationship, OR, just maybe they never were really gay in the first place!) Now, gizza's would have probably have a smile on the face knowing that there missus had been in a female relationship previously, but how many women would like there husband to have be a turd burglar ?
so you think changing the age back to 18 would prevent that? you can be confused at any age!!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:59 am
Banned

the same can be said for straight kids could it not??? and gay clubs arent the only place to meet other gay people its 2007 get with the times!!

the age for consent in oz is 16 for straight and gay people and so it should be!!
well, just because it is, don't meant to say it should be.

Being that you are such a wise and worldly woman of...26 who am I to argue with you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.