Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Why have all the Avatars on my screen stopped moving

Why have all the Avatars on my screen stopped moving

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all
Default Why have all the Avatars on my screen stopped moving

I reinstalled all my computer last week because it crashed I have just noticed at all Avatars and animated gifs are no longer animated can anyone point me in the right direction as this is bugging me big time
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why have all the Avatars on my screen stopped moving

Do you use ZoneAlarm or something similiar? Apparently that has been known to prevent animations from displaying.

Assuming you use XP and IE follow the steps below to make sure that you are set up correctly for them:

In Internet Explorer click Tools then Internet Options… and then click on the Advanced tab and scroll down until you reach Play animations in web pages and check that.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 11:54 am
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Originally Posted by jonjon
I reinstalled all my computer last week because it crashed I have just noticed at all Avatars and animated gifs are no longer animated can anyone point me in the right direction as this is bugging me big time

Like yer Daffy-Duck, hes cool!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Do you use ZoneAlarm or something similiar? Apparently that has been known to prevent animations from displaying.

Assuming you use XP and IE follow the steps below to make sure that you are set up correctly for them:

In Internet Explorer click Tools then Internet Options… and then click on the Advanced tab and scroll down until you reach Play animations in web pages and check that.
sorted it it was zone alarm you have make the following changes 'PRIVACY' TAB > AD BLOCKING>CUSTOM

that was a real pig to sort out

thanks for you help
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

No problem, congrats on getting it sorted