Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Why are flights so much dearer from Manchester?!

Wikiposts

Why are flights so much dearer from Manchester?!

Old Jun 7th 2009, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nice
Default Re: Why are flights so much dearer from Manchester?!

The cheapest I have found is just over £2700 for 2 adults and 2 children on the Emirates website, that's flying from Manchester to Melbourne and then flying back to Manchester from Brisbane, but a return flight to Melbourne is the same price. Also I found a code UKARSN1 which gets you £50 off the total price; better than a kick up the ARS
Old Jun 7th 2009, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nice

Originally Posted by robclaridge
Its simple really and pretty obvious why the flights are more expensive from Manchester. The aircraft have to pay extra taxes cause maybe like the rest of us the Australians hate the thought of mancunians as well.
Hardy hardy ha!
Old Jun 7th 2009, 4:43 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzyambrose
The cheapest I have found is just over £2700 for 2 adults and 2 children on the Emirates website, that's flying from Manchester to Melbourne and then flying back to Manchester from Brisbane, but a return flight to Melbourne is the same price. Also I found a code UKARSN1 which gets you £50 off the total price; better than a kick up the ARS
When are you wanting to go?
J x
Old Jun 7th 2009, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
When are you wanting to go?
J x
We're going in October 18th-30th,we'd love to stay for longer but OH has his own business with no one to take over while we're away.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 4:30 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Bite the bullet and fly Emirates ...

Just flown Perth > UK > Perth with them. Faultless, in fact absolutely superb ... every leg.

I've flown Qantas/BA, Singapore, Malaysian & Cathay and these boys pish all over them.

The flights were a joy and for $1,400 return including as much Bombay Sapphire as you could suck back, the value was incredible.

One more thing ... the Perth > Dubai leg ... main course ... steak & chips ... Howzat???????
Old Jun 8th 2009, 4:50 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzyambrose
We're going in October 18th-30th,we'd love to stay for longer but OH has his own business with no one to take over while we're away.
Can't find anything cheaper - Ethiad but outward flights 36+hours return flights 25
We flew Emirates and my daughter keeps asking us to book with them when we go. They were very good with us I found the jouney in sections to Dubai then Singapore broke it up for us.
J x
Old Jun 8th 2009, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Can't find anything cheaper - Ethiad but outward flights 36+hours return flights 25
We flew Emirates and my daughter keeps asking us to book with them when we go. They were very good with us I found the jouney in sections to Dubai then Singapore broke it up for us.
J x
Yeah think I'm going to book the flights with Emirates tonight, we have flown with them when we went to Perth last year. They were alright I have no complaints but really wanted to go with Singapore this time, oh well when we finally make the move I'll definitley fly with SA - maybe even go on the A380