Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Why do you post? (or not?)

Why do you post? (or not?)

Old Jan 12th 2016, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Why do you post? (or not?)

Very rarely have a look in now, all my internet stuff these days is on the phone, which makes forums (the typing) a PITA.

G. 10 years in Oz in Feb.
Old Jan 12th 2016, 9:26 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCreature
Well it's been a while... not only have I aged I appear to have turned into a monkey as well.
Swinger eh?
Old Jan 12th 2016, 9:16 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

is it the whole site thats gone dead or just the Australian part? Has the number of UK people emigrating here dropped significantly?
Old Jan 12th 2016, 9:24 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
is it the whole site thats gone dead or just the Australian part? Has the number of UK people emigrating here dropped significantly?

Not sure about the rest of the site - the US forum seems to be full of many of the same no-hopers wanting a new life in the US on the basis of a holiday, though I don't really know if it is up or down.

Australia very quiet though. Not even getting very many 457s - maybe the economic slowdown is hurting harder than first thought.

S
Old Jan 13th 2016, 2:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Its the whole forum really.
The US has a lot of posters who stay around to chat, and at present they have the post-Christmas "lets move to Florida" crowd -similar to the sudden rush of people we have had on the Aus forum. Canada is the most flourishing forum at present on the Immigration front.
As regards Aus -visa prices have gone up hugely, Spouse visas have about trebled in the last 4years, and for a skills visa these days the price is per person not per family, which deters a lot of people Plus its not as cheap here as it used to be compared to the UK and jobs are not as easy to come by,
Old Jan 13th 2016, 6:24 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The US has a lot of posters who stay around to chat, and at present they have the post-Christmas "lets move to Florida" crowd -similar to the sudden rush of people we have had on the Aus forum. Canada is the most flourishing forum at present on the Immigration front.
As regards Aus -visa prices have gone up hugely, Spouse visas have about trebled in the last 4years, and for a skills visa these days the price is per person not per family, which deters a lot of people Plus its not as cheap here as it used to be compared to the UK and jobs are not as easy to come by,
All that and, according to the bumper stickers prevalent around my parts (ooh err missus, etc), we are full and a spot of fornicated extraction would be very much appreciated.
Old Jan 13th 2016, 6:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
All that and, according to the bumper stickers prevalent around my parts (ooh err missus, etc), we are full and a spot of fornicated extraction would be very much appreciated.
Love the phraseology!!! Wouldn't expect anything else from your area of Queensland
Old Jan 13th 2016, 6:46 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Do they not get world news anymore in the UK?- the Canadian Dollar is heading to be worth about 3c US ... you lot are bloody hot - a lot up here are the opposite- though here in BC it a great Winter with brilliant skiing and the local ski hills are infested with bloody Ozzies everywhere ..escaping the heat!
Old Jan 16th 2016, 8:18 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Do they not get world news anymore in the UK?- the Canadian Dollar is heading to be worth about 3c US ... you lot are bloody hot - a lot up here are the opposite- though here in BC it a great Winter with brilliant skiing and the local ski hills are infested with bloody Ozzies everywhere ..escaping the heat!
I don't think the Australian Dollar is too hot compared to the US$ at the moment either - and likely to sink lower according to news reports tonight.
Old Jan 16th 2016, 8:22 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I don't think the Australian Dollar is too hot compared to the US$ at the moment either - and likely to sink lower according to news reports tonight.
Just have to get used "Staycations!" - how I hate that word!
Old Jan 16th 2016, 9:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

I usually post to see who shares my sense of humour and who doesn't. A lot don't but I think most on here are as warped as me.
Old Jan 17th 2016, 12:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

First time I have ever heard it.
Old Jan 17th 2016, 12:08 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
First time I have ever heard it.
You haven't missed much!- It is bandied around the UK tabloids a lot

Last edited by Stinkypup; Jan 17th 2016 at 12:09 am. Reason: My punctuation can be atrocious
Old Jan 18th 2016, 1:36 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I've had plenty of hols to Argate.

And for those who don't know where Argate is
Spoiler:
It's at the bottom of Argarden
Old Jan 18th 2016, 4:32 am
Just Joined

Theduchess is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok so I'm a newbie joined yesterday as will be moving shortly to the States. Came on here looking for some advice. So I will see how I go and provide you with some feedback on my experience if you like. I've moved twice once to Shanghai and then to Switzerland and have always used forums / meet up groups for info which have helped. So I will let you know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.