Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Why is Centrelink so awful? (Unanswerable question)

Why is Centrelink so awful? (Unanswerable question)

Old Jun 5th 2019, 10:59 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why is Centrelink so awful? (Unanswerable question)

Maybe I have just been lucky with Centrelink, but the times I've had dealings with them it's been relatively quick and helpful.
Old Jun 5th 2019, 12:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Maybe I have just been lucky with Centrelink, but the times I've had dealings with them it's been relatively quick and helpful.
Us too. Only issue I've had with them was when my eldest tried to renew her Medical Concession Card. In the previous year she earned $5 more than the limit so was refused and had to pay for her Epilepsy meds which are not cheap. Obviously there has to be a cut off but it was just a bit frustrating.
Old Jun 5th 2019, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Wife had a few issues with over checking. They wanted this document and that document. A bit frustrating but it's a system and a process.
Old Jun 5th 2019, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
. I have detailed the extraordinary high number of breaches on claimants who have done nothing wrong.
Please do share. This should be interesting.
Old Jun 5th 2019, 9:22 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Wife had a few issues with over checking. They wanted this document and that document. A bit frustrating but it's a system and a process.
Sometimes the system can feel frustrating. i have been on both sides of it and do understand the frustration of not understanding how little room low level government workers have for special requests or if asked to do something "not on their JDF".
Old Jun 5th 2019, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sometimes the system can feel frustrating. i have been on both sides of it and do understand the frustration of not understanding how little room low level government workers have for special requests or if asked to do something "not on their JDF".
It's not just government. Private is the same. It's the way we live these days. Everything has a process and is system driven and something out of the norm confuses the process and system.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Please do share. This should be interesting.
Why would you find the breaching of people too often without reason interesting? You do appear to be sadistic personality type deep down. Only the well heeled deserve consideration when faced with accountability but never truly held to account. A sad world indeed.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 12:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you find the breaching of people too often without reason interesting? You do appear to be sadistic personality type deep down. Only the well heeled deserve consideration when faced with accountability but never truly held to account. A sad world indeed.
That's not what he said and you know it.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 1:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I asked for evidence of what you claim. If you made that statement up it's fine to retract it. We all make errors. No need for the name calling.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Us too. Only issue I've had with them was when my eldest tried to renew her Medical Concession Card. In the previous year she earned $5 more than the limit so was refused and had to pay for her Epilepsy meds which are not cheap. Obviously there has to be a cut off but it was just a bit frustrating.
MP my daughter is also epileptic and as you say the meds are very expensive. Can you let me know let me know where to find out if she would be entitled to a concession card please. Thank you.

sorry wasn’t thinking have googled it.

Last edited by tomar; Jun 7th 2019 at 2:30 am.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 5:05 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Centrelink are shockingly inefficient. I don't have a problem with the amount of detailed information you need to provide, but I do have a problem when they continually say they haven't received this, that or the other when you know you've provided it, your online account says you've provided it, and the case officer you've seen also says you've provided it.

This happened last year when my husband applied for his partial Oz age pension. We provided 32 pages of documents including bank statements, tax documents, investment documents blah blah blah. Then we provided them again, and again, and again (yes, 4 times). The process is supposed to take 8 weeks. It took 6 months.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

I asked for evidence of what you claim. If you made that statement up it's fine to retract it. We all make errors. No need for the name calling.
No errors as I would have thought you would be very aware of what I refer to. The breaching of people especially New Start claimants is at record numbers. Too often for no sufficient reason or in error. To attempt to reconnect is some business, as some have related on this thread with dealings with Centre Link for likely other entitlements than New Start. But that is one side, the ever growing inefficiency for reasons I have clearly are notorious. So many folk attempting to navigate the system are forced to seek help outside, especially those from non English or English as a second language background. This was not the case some years back but a result of declining service due to government indifference (at best) Stated Name calling? I've had to put up with your insinuations in place of reasoned debate for years. So no high ground antics please.

Last edited by the troubadour; Jun 7th 2019 at 7:08 am.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

. The breaching of people especially New Start claimants is at record numbers..
Can you provide evidence of these record numbers?
Old Jun 7th 2019, 12:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by tomar

MP my daughter is also epileptic and as you say the meds are very expensive. Can you let me know let me know where to find out if she would be entitled to a concession card please. Thank you.

sorry wasn’t thinking have googled it.
Hope she's entitled to a card. My daughter is now living in the UK and only has to pay the standard prescription charge which is a huge bonus.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Can you provide evidence of these record numbers?
Evidence? Well the ever increasing number of homeless on our city streets. Certainly the case in Perth anyway. But some' insight knowledge' also helps. The vast increase of people seeking support from psychologists and non profit agencies for help with Centre Link is taking up much time would should be used for other things. The difficulties to obtain Disability Support payment for those with even severe illness is both stressful for the applicant and time consuming for the advocate. A quick search will show numbers breached are at record levels. AS I wrote previously, those hit are New start claimants and those in need of disability payments in particularly. Those seeking Aged Pensions and Child benefit entitlements will most likely not be more than inconvenienced through the bureaucratic process rather than vilified or suspended of payment which can lead to grave consequences.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.