why bother

Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:59 am
still perthforme

mrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why bother

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
You must have the patience of a saint!! My MIL came to stay the day I came out of hospital with Maryann should have stayed a week - lasted 3 days

Did you find the Balieys

Sam
I've put up with her for 3 months i can remember why i walked out of her front door at 17 and said "I need room to breathe" then whent and lived with a bunch of hippys/the great unwashed. nothing so drastic this time, going to make sure i have my gun licence for the next visit.
Mil will be here in 9 weeks for 20 days
dad will be here in july (maybe) for 2 weeks
brother in law in oct for 2 weeks

I think i'll go to maccydees need a mcflurry
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
You're probably going to kick me for this reply yacking on about thyroids again, but just before you have a baby, you get this massive boost of thyroid activity (people call it 'nesting') and then after the birth, the thyroid takes this massive drop in activity and basically does bugger all. I don't know why that is yet as I haven't read that far, but it can take 6 or so months to recover after the birth. Basically, due to this drop in your thyroid after birth, you can get all sorts of nasty hypothyroid symptoms, one of which mimics depression, which is a pain because many docs don't always test for low thyroid when dealing with post partum depression. I got given some anti depressants which made the matter worse and it was only a year later I got someone to check my thyroid!

Anyway, after your thyroid's done this big dip thing, it will recover, but you can help it along by taking some selenium, which is hugely important and will help you convert your T4 to T3 within your cells (and therefore you will have more energy)
If you look here you can find some more excellent supplements you can take which will help your thyroid.

This isn't medical advice as I am not a trained practicioner or anything vaguely resembling that, but I'm just talking out of experience. I'm not saying it IS your thyroid either, but just giving you some info why you might be feeling so cruddy. Post partum depression, whatever its cause, is a bugger to get through and I know how desparate you are to feel 'normal' again. I really feel for you.

I hope you're feeling better soon... Whoever gave you a hard time - well sod them. They're probably very unhappy and miserable. You deserve better, honey.

Now chin up and go check out those supplements and look after yourself. Be kind to yourself... you just did an amazing thing by bringing that babe into the world. Don't do too much and take it easy if you can (easier said than done, I know, with more than one child!) .

If you continue to keep feeling depressed, do get the doc to check out your thyroid for you. If you need any help, drop me a line.
It all makes sense now. God your good, wish I'd known you when I had my daughter!!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

You might have to have a word with Algeria, they are the cause of the hold up.

Algeria, erm you sort them I'll do Adelaide
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:05 am
Living the nightmare

Dizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mrsperthforme
I've put up with her for 3 months i can remember why i walked out of her front door at 17 and said "I need room to breathe" then whent and lived with a bunch of hippys/the great unwashed. nothing so drastic this time, going to make sure i have my gun licence for the next visit.

are all these relatives there to help or to hinder?
I reckon you will feel better after the Mcflurry
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:07 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Has she used the line "we didn't do it like that when you where a baby.....but I suppose you know best!"

I have my Mum out for Easter just for two weeks, but she will have a car and a road map and instructions not to be home till dinner time
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:08 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
It all makes sense now. God your good, wish I'd known you when I had my daughter!!
Just reading... Masses and masses of books, internet articles, reading, reading, more reading .....
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:08 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dizzillusioned
are all these relatives there to help or to hinder?
I reckon you will feel better after the Mcflurry
And they wonder why we feel the need to move 12000 miles from them
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nick11
Forgot to say, quite often these so called ladies who say bitchy things are usually the most insecure and unhappiest people around.They get a kick out of hurting,which boosts their egos.Well that's my take on it.
Yes this is very true. You described my mother in-law do you know her?
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:09 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
Has she used the line "we didn't do it like that when you where a baby.....but I suppose you know best!"

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! That's enough to tip anyone over the brink.

Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

I can honestly say that 99% of people i have met on here our fab and they know who they are but theres 1% who are so up there own arse's you would not believe. I call them the stepfords cos thats who they think they are
You must be feeling better already!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:15 am
Living the nightmare

Dizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to all

Originally Posted by blowfly
Yes this is very true. You described my mother in-law do you know her?
I think I'm missing out on something here, my mum was the best ever and my MIL is pretty good as well, never mind, I'll find something else to whinge about (as is my right being a Pom)
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dizzillusioned
I think I'm missing out on something here, my mum was the best ever and my MIL is pretty good as well, never mind, I'll find something else to whinge about (as is my right being a Pom)
My MIL is okay, but wouldn't want her in my house for a night, never mind 3 months!!! Reason 143 for leaving the UK!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:23 am
Living the nightmare

Originally Posted by Nick11
My MIL is okay, but wouldn't want her in my house for a night, never mind 3 months!!! Reason 143 for leaving the UK!

I used to have mine for 8 weeks a year, she won't be coming over here though cos she won't get on a plane
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:40 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Have pmd you. Hang in there, we're all here for you til Steve gets back.

Gill
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:45 am
Living the nightmare

Originally Posted by herrchook
Have pmd you. Hang in there, we're all here for you til Steve gets back.

Gill
I think the poor girl will be innundated with PM's, she's gonna need that McFlurry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.