Why Australia?

Old Aug 18th 2007, 2:02 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Australia?

I'm here because I could do it.
I don't plan to live here for a long time though. I'm a bit of a nomad, and can't stay anywhere longer then 2-3 years without getting itchy feet.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 2:47 am
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

Hmm, Cockroaches.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 3:08 am
Banned

ozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really nice

Originally Posted by Howard1944
I am curious ,alright nosey,as to why of all the countries British people could go to, why choose Australia??

Why not Canada, the U.S., or NZ, is the appeal of Australia primarily the climate, or because it is there???

Do you expect to markedly improve your living standards, or is it a life style change built around surf and beaches??
Correct me if l'm wrong, but is'nt OZ the most popular immigration destination for Brits, more chose OZ over North America and Europe. Probably because OZ has a booming economy, English speaking, similar system of government and culture, drive on left hand side of road, much less crime then USA, much better climate then Canada, Huge country, small population means plenty of space, outdoor activies in nice climate, beaches, swimming, fishing, bush walks, camping etc.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

I would live in Canada too, I love British Columbia, but I do prefer the warmth to the cold and it was Australia who offered us visas on a plate so here we are. Like the idea of being on the other side of the world. Actually I think we could get in to Canada quite easily too and it is definitely on my list of 'countries that I would like to live in at some point'. So is France, love France. To me going somewhere English speaking (I use the term loosely! ) makes things easier but not necessarily better, I would jump at the opportunity to work somewhere french or spanish speaking, or Italy for that matter....

(Can I also defend both US & Canada by saying that Australia does not have a monopoly on wine and open spaces, both of which North America has in large quantities. Also some of Australia has a pleasant climate for some of the year, but large parts have a fairly unpleasant/difficult climate at times as well. Only time will tell which way it will shake down for me, I haven't decided yet!)
Old Aug 18th 2007, 6:24 am
Banned

ozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really nice

People in the UK probably know more about OZ then they do Canada because of all the Aussie soap operas shown in the UK and Aussies entertainers, actors and sports people over there, like Barry Humpries, Rolf Harris, Kylie Minouge, Shane Warne. Theres probably much more Aussie cultural infulence in the UK then Canadian.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 6:25 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Howard1944
I am curious ,alright nosey,as to why of all the countries British people could go to, why choose Australia??

Why not Canada, the U.S., or NZ, is the appeal of Australia primarily the climate, or because it is there???

Do you expect to markedly improve your living standards, or is it a life style change built around surf and beaches??
dont start!

You have already done this not too long ago. Bugger off back to the canada forum and leave us in peace. We are on here to have a giggle NOT be annoyed by people like you.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 6:41 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
dont start!

You have already done this not too long ago. Bugger off back to the canada forum and leave us in peace. We are on here to have a giggle NOT be annoyed by people like you.
l think howard1944 wishes he immigrated to OZ instead of Canada, which is why his always on the OZ forum.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by C&R
Erm... is a thousand pounds really cheap? ok.
I think its called sarcasm!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

oh bugger... I thought this was a genuine thread... I am such a total muppet sometimes aren't I?

When my circuits were wired no one factored in a function for detecting snarly ugly creatures who live under bridges and leap out at small fat goats happily trit trotting over the rickerty bridge

Did anyone else listen to junior choice on Saturday mornings? remember that song about the little car going beep beep beep as it opver takes the limosine , The limosine driver getting angrier and angrier and angrier as the little car driver keeps pace happily chugging along? draws up along side at 120 miles per hour and asks how to get our of second gear?

I think that is a nice analogy of the whole situation ...

what was it called and who wrote it?
Old Aug 18th 2007, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozlord
People in the UK probably know more about OZ then they do Canada because of all the Aussie soap operas shown in the UK and Aussies entertainers, actors and sports people over there, like Barry Humpries, Rolf Harris, Kylie Minouge, Shane Warne. Theres probably much more Aussie cultural infulence in the UK then Canadian.
How many people will I upset if I point out that in the broader scheme of things the influence in fact is from the UK upon their cultures, rather than visa versa?
Old Aug 18th 2007, 9:25 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

I thought this was a genuine thread too. Didn't realise it was the Lonely Lumberjack again...
Old Aug 18th 2007, 9:26 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by esperanza
visa versa

smashing typo!
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle

smashing typo!
Well I never got taught latin at school, but I'll write it out ten times properly for you...
(although given the context, I think my version is better!! )
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:30 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

Originally Posted by esperanza
Well I never got taught latin at school, but I'll write it out ten times properly for you...
(although given the context, I think my version is better!! )
Your version is much better!
Old Aug 18th 2007, 10:37 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
I thought this was a genuine thread too. Didn't realise it was the Lonely Lumberjack again...
He changed his avatar ... but not his shit-stirring attitude...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.