Why Australia?

Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:18 pm
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of
Default Why Australia?

I am curious ,alright nosey,as to why of all the countries British people could go to, why choose Australia??

Why not Canada, the U.S., or NZ, is the appeal of Australia primarily the climate, or because it is there???

Do you expect to markedly improve your living standards, or is it a life style change built around surf and beaches??
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:31 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Australia?

Originally Posted by Howard1944
I am curious ,alright nosey,as to why of all the countries British people could go to, why choose Australia??

Why not Canada, the U.S., or NZ, is the appeal of Australia primarily the climate, or because it is there???

Do you expect to markedly improve your living standards, or is it a life style change built around surf and beaches??
theres been a massive improvement in my living standards
theres now way however hard i`d of working in manchester that i would be able to afford what we have out here,
alright its still a building site but i`ll be finished soon
australia that is not my refurb
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:36 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

cos its 12,000 miles way..........
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:59 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

I've never met an Australian that I didn't like (Look - I KNOW that's going to change, OK?)

I've met lots of Canadian and Americans that I didn't like.

Australia is far, far away from the UK.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

mmmm let me see.... was it the huge number of unfilled nursing vacancies making me a valuable commodity in Australia? as opposed to the attitude and situation here (no jobs and don't want/ need Registered Nurses)

Is it the climate? the wine? the friendly people (I never met an Australian I didn't like too... I know that will change too.... but ditto US & Canada....)? The beaches? the large amount of outdoors space which can be used for a lot of the year? The larger homes? the cultural differences? The compketely different flora and fauna? The cultural emphasis on sports? Or the belief that our kids will do better for themselves and their own families than they would in the uk?

Don't know, not there yet... it was originally my Husbands dream.... and I just happen to share it
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:38 pm
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

I wonder, the Canadians you met an did not like, were they Irish -Canadians, French-Canadian, Italian-Canadians, and the Australians that you met and liked, were the Irish-Australian, French-Australian, Lebanese -Australian or??

So far it seem s distance from the UK, Job Opportunities and higher living standards convinced people to leave that Sceptred Isle for Botany Bay??

Are you concerned about the threat of some of the wild life, and I don't mean the Australian Male??
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

itsonlyme is a jewel in the roughitsonlyme is a jewel in the roughitsonlyme is a jewel in the roughitsonlyme is a jewel in the roughitsonlyme is a jewel in the rough

coz my OH is originally from Oz and why not??..
Old Aug 17th 2007, 8:20 pm
Banned

A move to Australia would take more committment than a move to Canada because of the sheer distance involved,and I totally understand if your partner was from there, my neighbour is Australian, her husband Canadian, that is why she is here, her mother is here because her daughter is here, totally logical.

My guess would be a sense of adventure, kinda like bungee jumping??
Old Aug 17th 2007, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

How many people could get a visa for the USA, very difficult.

The Canadian system has a 4/5 year wait for a skilled visa.

Australia accepts skills like childcare, mechanic, bricklayer where US and Canada want serious education as in degree minimum.

NZ well cause its a lovely place to holiday...
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

It's sunny and warm all year round, the cost of living is SO much cheaper than the UK. $50,000 aud buys you 30 acres with a 20 bedroom house near Sydney.There is little or no crime, you don't need a license for anything, chavs don't exist. Kids think drugs mean headache tablets, water is plentiful especially in Brisbane unlike the UK when 2 weeks of no rain means stand pipes! Flights to the UK are really cheap and internal flights are given away like sweets. Having a skill on the MODL list gets you there in 2 months and you get the same wage or more than the UK! Thats why we are coming

5 minutes later takes of those rose tinted glasses and says.. you only live once and we want to experience something different. Don't want to end up in 20 years time saying "What if". Plus the wait for a Canadian visa is running at nearly 5 years

best mention I have been sampling 1 bottle of OZ wine.. oh ok 2 tonight!!!!

Last edited by TMRE; Aug 17th 2007 at 9:18 pm. Reason: vino
Old Aug 17th 2007, 10:02 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Well ... I'd heard that there was a particular kind of ignorant, bigoted, self-serving tosser of British origin living in Canada. And that for me was enough to strike it off the list of possibilities.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 10:39 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hutch
Well ... I'd heard that there was a particular kind of ignorant, bigoted, self-serving tosser of British origin living in Canada. And that for me was enough to strike it off the list of possibilities.
funny i heard the same thing too, plus i heard canada was shit , and full of L losers and to head for the paradise that is oz. After all no-one likes to live near a tosser do they??
Old Aug 18th 2007, 1:03 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

for me..i wanted to go to turkey ,i could of retired,,got 20% on my saving and bought a footballers house..but my mrs is a blonde stunner and the friggin turks were like flies round sh1t...

so i thought why not go to the other side of the world..and guess what is its not that different here to where i left..except it about 20000000000000000000000 times better .................

strange but true................

astonmaninoz.................flippin great....
Old Aug 18th 2007, 1:37 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh goody, an original question bound to foster peace, harmony and general well-being in the ranks ...

Well, I was jerking off one night over a map of the world (it's a strange hobby but I'm not alone, you can get plastic covers for just this reason) and that's where the first globule landed.

I'd heard it was stupidly easy to get a visa so that made my mind up.

<retires to safe distance>
Old Aug 18th 2007, 2:01 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TMRE
Flights to the UK are really cheap and internal flights are given away like sweets.
Erm... is a thousand pounds really cheap? ok.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.