Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Why by a 4X4 if you don't actualy need one

Why by a 4X4 if you don't actualy need one

Old May 15th 2007, 1:23 pm
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice
Default Re: Why by a 4X4 if you don't actualy need one

I could not give a monkeys arse about the planet and what might happen in a million years if I drive a fourby to work tomorrow.

Hell, I am following the example of our glorious leader little Johnny who also does not care, nor does his mate Dubya.

I personally think that global warming and all that is a load of old bollox and even if it is true I will be long gone when it happens so don't care.

Now, grab your popcorn.
Old May 15th 2007, 1:25 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
just got back from trampolining with my eldest daughter and its arctic out there!!
Isn't it i've had to turn the spa up to 36
Old May 15th 2007, 1:27 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
All round to yours to defrost then?
Old May 15th 2007, 1:28 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
enjoy, bad for the environment though
Old May 15th 2007, 1:33 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
enjoy, bad for the environment though
well if it warm warms up enough , won't need to heat the water
Old May 15th 2007, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

If you live in Queensland, you need a fourby. Just taking the kids to a schoolmates birthday party can result in serious offroad, some of the drives here are measured in kilometers. If you want to visit the local islands (Fraser and Moreton) then you need a fourby - they won't take you otherwise - once you've been you'll understand why.

We also tow 2 horses around with ours but would have one anyway. How else do you pull out fence posts and tree roots?

One funny thing here that you will soon get used to is parking on peoples "lawns". Imagine driving into your next door neighbours drive and turning onto the grass to park. When we first arrived we would reverse out of a drive because we didn't realise that doing a Uey on the grass was expected.

Mike.
Old May 15th 2007, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

GreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really nice

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I have bought a 4x4 - it seats 7 and does about 10l/100km.

Obviously there wont be 7 people in it all the time but there will quite regularly be 5 or 6.

Compare this with your average saloon's fuel consumption and number of people.

I think the 4x4 is more environmentally friendly.

I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't.

Buzzy

Sounds like your reasons are well ballanced, but not everyone is a ballanced as you.

Oh did I meantion that I will probably be buying a 4X4 when I get to Oz for the same reasons as you.
Old May 15th 2007, 1:45 pm
Qualify in Sept!

mattyuk will become famous soon enough

How are you planning to travel to and from australia, pedlo? I think the guys too blame for pollution from these vehicles are the guys that allow them to be sold, ie goverment
Old May 15th 2007, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

GreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really nice

Originally Posted by mattyuk
How are you planning to travel to and from australia, pedlo? I think the guys too blame for pollution from these vehicles are the guys that allow them to be sold, ie goverment
Well of course your correct in a way but the responsability of the government is also your responsabilty.

I do conceed that Auzstralia only contributes around 2% of the green house gases in the world, and for such a small nation they are very good at recycling, untill it comes to large engines. When I was in Aiz nearly everyone had a v6 or V8
Old May 15th 2007, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

If someone wants a 4x4 and can afford it i see no problem.
They pay there taxes, I would rather drive a 4x4 than a small poxy car that can not fit kids, buggys etc in. And if i had the cash and decide thats what i want, what business is it of anyone else's.

Freedom of choice i think!!!!!!!
Old May 15th 2007, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GreenTea
Sounds like your reasons are well ballanced, but not everyone is a ballanced as you.

Oh did I meantion that I will probably be buying a 4X4 when I get to Oz for the same reasons as you.
In that case this thread is null and void!
Old May 15th 2007, 1:57 pm
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice

I'd love to see a 500% increase in the cost of fuel. Don't think I'll have to wait long either
Old May 15th 2007, 2:03 pm
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Originally Posted by 4lex
I'd love to see a 500% increase in the cost of fuel. Don't think I'll have to wait long either
That would actually be the end of the world as we know it.
Old May 15th 2007, 2:04 pm
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fat Bloke
That would actually be the end of the world as we know it.
Ideally...
Old May 15th 2007, 2:05 pm
Qualify in Sept!

mattyuk will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Why by a 4X4 if you don't actualy need one

I reckon they need to find a more economical fuel, something like what doc used in his delorian on back to the future, that ran on garbage i believe, wouldnt that be gr8, lol!

Mind you we would still have the problem of fitting your kids and wheelchairs in a delorian!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.