Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who's your favourite Serial Killer?

Who's your favourite Serial Killer?

Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's your favourite Serial Killer?

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
You're unreal... its a thread on a chat board titled "Who's your favourite Serial Killer?". It's not the ****ing Old Bailey.

Was he convicted of murder.. yes, I think we can all agree on that.

Should he have been convicted...yes, I think we can all agree on that as well.

Did he physically kill anybody himself.. evidence would suggest, no, he didn't. I would say that we could all agree on that as well but you don't seem capable of agreeing about anything.
The point was made that Manson had not been convicted of murder and so could not be included in the thread. I pointed out this is incorrect. You need to calm down and stop being so aggressive.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seneca21
Like I said, he is guilty of first degree of murder. If it helps, let the prosecutor of the case have a go:

"Manson is guilty of all seven counts of murder under the vicarious liability rule of conspiracy. It is also called the joint responsibility rule of conspiracy... The law is clear then that once a conspiracy is formed, each member of the conspiracy is criminally responsible for and equally guilty of crimes committed by his coconspirators which were in furtherance of the object of the conspiracy."

In other words, Manson is a convicted killer. He didn't have to physically do it to be responsible, you see.
That's all well and good, I'm just saying, Manson doesn't feature in my own personal 'top 100' favourite serial killers because he's never actually killed anyone has he? . . . not really . . .

Last edited by spartacus; Nov 30th 2010 at 2:49 am.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
That's all well and good, I'm just saying, Manson doesn't feature in my own personal 'top 100' favourite serial killers because he's never actually killed anyone has he? . . . really?
If Manson had not killed anyone, he wouldn't have been found guilty of seven counts of first degree murder and sentenced to death. He is a convicted killer. People seem to have a problem with this.

Let me try this another way - if you put a bomb under someone's car, you did not kill them, the bomb did, but you are held responsible. Manson did this with people instead of bombs. Any issues you have with this should be directed at whatever state and federal laws convicted him.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:51 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

The point was made that Manson had not been convicted of murder and so could not be included in the thread. I pointed out this is incorrect. You need to calm down and stop being so aggressive.
...or what?

Are you vying for candidacy on this topic?
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

If Manson had not killed anyone, he wouldn't have been found guilty of seven counts of first degree murder and sentenced to death. He is a convicted killer. People seem to have a problem with this.

Let me try this another way - if you put a bomb under someone's car, you did not kill them, the bomb did, but you are held responsible. Manson did this with people instead of bombs. Any issues you have with this should be directed at whatever state and federal laws convicted him.
In the above scenario, are we to assume the bomb / people went off?
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:54 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Fine, we'll put him in at no.5 in the top 100 then!

Does that work for you?
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:54 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm positively serene... just can't fathom why you need to be so bloody nit-picking about something like this.

You come across like you have OCD.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders

Does that work for you?
Five is waaaaaaaaaaay too high! . . . Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitler, Vlad the Impaler then Manson?! . . . you're not thinking straight surely . .

Last edited by spartacus; Nov 30th 2010 at 2:58 am.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

In the above scenario, are we to assume the bomb / people went off?
I'm not disagreeing with you that he did not physically kill them, I have already made that clear. But we need to be clear that you don't need to do this to be guilty of murder, and if you are guilty of murder then you did it.

So Manson killed those seven people as a point of fact in law. This is all I am trying to say.

On the wider point, a more interesting issue is whether or not he is a serial killer. Despite the fact he is a convicted mass-killer, I would argue that he is not a serial killer because he didn't really have the right sort of profile - no method, no routines, repetition, etc.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I'm positively serene... just can't fathom why you need to be so bloody nit-picking about something like this.

You come across like you have OCD.
You come across like you don't know very much.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm not disagreeing with you that he did not physically kill them, I have already made that clear. But we need to be clear that you don't need to do this to be guilty of murder, and if you are guilty of murder then you did it.

So Manson killed those seven people as a point of fact in law. This is all I am trying to say.

On the wider point, a more interesting issue is whether or not he is a serial killer. Despite the fact he is a convicted mass-killer, I would argue that he is not a serial killer because he didn't really have the right sort of profile - no method, no routines, repetition, etc.
I've never done anything of the sort! . . . Leave me out of this!
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders

Does that work for you?
Never even rates an honourable mention in this list.
http://listverse.com/2007/08/22/top-...erial-killers/
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:59 am
Account Closed

You come across like you don't know very much.
Ouch.. that's cutting.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

I've never done anything of the sort! . . . Leave me out of this!
The prosecution rests its case....... Also if this helps - from the prosecutor:

"As I stated in my opening argument, if A and B conspired to murder X, and pursuant to that agreement B murders X, A, even though he was not the actual killer, is equally guilty of that murder. I don't care where he was; he could have been playing tennis, badminton, anywhere; he was [a] member of that conspiracy. He was guilty of that murder. That is the law of conspiracy, and there just are no ifs, ands, or buts about it."
Old Nov 30th 2010, 3:02 am
I'm Old Gregg!

The prosecution rests its case....... Also if this helps - from the prosecutor:

I don't care where he was; he could have been playing tennis, "
His defence lawyer DID say he had a killer backhand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.