Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who's your favourite Serial Killer?

Who's your favourite Serial Killer?

Old Nov 29th 2010, 11:50 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's your favourite Serial Killer?

Originally Posted by Seneca21
Manson is a convicted murderer who was found guilty of several counts of first degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder via the conspiracy/joint-responsibility legislation.

One of his victims was Sharon Tate who was tortured and murdered while eight months pregnant. He has stated on several occasions that he has killed several people.
Indeed
Old Nov 29th 2010, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Arthur Mitchell from Dexter - brilliant acting by John Lithgow
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:05 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

One of his victims was Sharon Tate who was tortured and murdered while eight months pregnant. He has stated on several occasions that he has killed several people.
I thought it was his people that killed Tate, not he himself. I know that he ordered the murder, but I don't think he was actually anywhere near the scene at the time
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
Arthur Mitchell from Dexter - brilliant acting by John Lithgow
He is great as Arthur it has been fascinating seeing what made him act like that and his perfect family life falling apart.Sue.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I thought it was his people that killed Tate, not he himself. I know that he ordered the murder, but I don't think he was actually anywhere near the scene at the time
As explained in my earlier post, he was found guilty of murder under a joint-responsibility/conspiracy mechanism. As he bloody well should have been.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 1:58 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
To the best of anybody's knowledge Charles Manson never physically took part in the killing of anybody. So you are correct.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
To the best of anybody's knowledge Charles Manson never physically took part in the killing of anybody. So you are correct.
Again, Charles Manson was convicted of first degree murder due to the reasons I mention above. This means is he guilty of first degree murder.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Again, Charles Manson was convicted of first degree murder due to the reasons I mention above. This means is he guilty of first degree murder.
Yeah, but he didn't actually kill anyone did he?
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:35 am
Account Closed

Ho hum... guilty he may be, physically taking part he was not.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spartacus
That point seems to be a little difficult to get across.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Depends what you mean by kill. He did not physically kill the seven people in question, although he has claimed to have murdered others. However, he did legally kill them as he was convicted for both first degree murder and conspiracy. He is a convicted killer, in other words despite some here not quite understanding the finer point sof the law used to convict him.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
That point seems to be a little difficult to get across.
Manson tried the same defence you're talking about. Thankfully he lost and was convicted for murder.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Depends what you mean by kill. He did not physically kill the seven people in question, although he has claimed to have murdered others. However, he did legally kill them as he was convicted for both first degree murder and conspiracy. He is a convicted killer, in other words despite some here not quite understanding the finer point sof the law used to convict him.
Yeah but, putting all that to one side, he never actually killed no-one . . .
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah but, putting all that to one side, he never actually killed no-one . . .
Like I said, he is guilty of first degree of murder. If it helps, let the prosecutor of the case have a go:

"Manson is guilty of all seven counts of murder under the vicarious liability rule of conspiracy. It is also called the joint responsibility rule of conspiracy... The law is clear then that once a conspiracy is formed, each member of the conspiracy is criminally responsible for and equally guilty of crimes committed by his coconspirators which were in furtherance of the object of the conspiracy."

In other words, Manson is a convicted killer. He didn't have to physically do it to be responsible, you see.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:43 am
Account Closed

Manson tried the same defence you're talking about. Thankfully he lost and was convicted for murder.
You're unreal... its a thread on a chat board titled "Who's your favourite Serial Killer?". It's not the ****ing Old Bailey.

Was he convicted of murder.. yes, I think we can all agree on that.

Should he have been convicted...yes, I think we can all agree on that as well.

Did he physically kill anybody himself.. evidence would suggest, no, he didn't. I would say that we could all agree on that as well but you don't seem capable of agreeing about anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.