Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

WHOS SETTLED WELL AND NO WAY COMING HOME TO UK??

WHOS SETTLED WELL AND NO WAY COMING HOME TO UK??

Old May 18th 2007, 1:10 pm
Banned

graciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant future
Default Re: WHOS SETTLED WELL AND NO WAY COMING HOME TO UK??

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Surely is, cats and popcorn go together like Bundy and Coke
where is the pizza today?
Old May 18th 2007, 1:14 pm
Banned

graciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by northernbird
You are analysing it too much. Be comfortable in your own decision, come and give it a go. Plenty of people settle, some people don't.

Oh and by the way, don't be so snidey to people like Wendy. She is quite possible one of the nicest, least vindictive people on this site and you may want her advice one day.
I am not annalysing just inquisitive I have heard alot about of peoples negative experiences , and as all of you say you cannot know how your life will be like, until you live it there...............so all the negative posts people make, may not be true for me, thats why i would like to see all the positve posts too.........its nice to see what has worked out for people and why............it makes a change from hearing all the bad stuff and experiences doesnt it?
Old May 18th 2007, 1:15 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mark044
ha ha ha!!!! Is this person what they call a "troll" ?!!!!

I'm not even in Oz yet, but I sure am confused?!
Cher-ching! You win a prize

Y'see the subtle difference between someone with strong opposing views and a troll is that a troll will ignore any attempts at reason (because they have no reasoning ability) and plough-on regardless hoping to reel-in the unsuspecting.

Of course, the troll's standard defence is to shout "I'm not a troll, none of you want to hear my views, how dare you" and this may gain some short-term support, then the splits will start to appear between previously united posters and the job is done.

The worst thing you can do is to get sucked-in and try to reason because the troll just don't give a monkey's and it's a waste of effort.

Cats man, they think of nothing but themselves.

The internet, mmmmmarvellous innit?

Cheers,
Vim
Old May 18th 2007, 1:16 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by graciebluecat
where is the pizza today?
If it don't come within the hour then we get our money back ... bonus!
Old May 18th 2007, 1:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

This is one weird thread. Apart from the obvious of course, I replied - and a very intelligent reply it was, I've just had a look back and it's not there and I know it was before Maybe it was positive in a negative way and so was dismissed. I even said I didn't want olives on mine.
Old May 18th 2007, 1:18 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
This is one weird thread. Apart from the obvious of course, I replied - and a very intelligent reply it was, I've just had a look back and it's not there and I know it was before Maybe it was positive in a negative way and so was dismissed. I even said I didn't want olives on mine.
Ooh I love Olives, pick em off and give em to me.
Old May 18th 2007, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I am not annalysing just inquisitive I have heard alot about of peoples negative experiences , and as all of you say you cannot know how your life will be like, until you live it there...............so all the negative posts people make, may not be true for me, thats why i would like to see all the positve posts too.........its nice to see what has worked out for people and why............it makes a change from hearing all the bad stuff and experiences doesnt it?

Well what do you want?

I have said Australia is MY home, not the UK. Is that bad then

Why would I post on the 'why I'm going home' thread, when I'm already home in AUSTRALIA

I've had enough Pizza, anyone for beer instead.
Old May 18th 2007, 1:19 pm
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

I guess , but thats not what the thread is asking,the thread is for people its worked out for and their expieriences to share , I guess you are not in that situation to post, feel free to post on the other one i started for people who are moving home and why ,

please leave this thread for the positive experiences...........tahnkyou
She is having a positive experience. She called Australia home.
Old May 18th 2007, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alicecat

Don't try to talk sense, I fear you are wasting your breath
Old May 18th 2007, 1:28 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Don't try to talk sense, I fear you are wasting your breath
Oh Wendy

Surely what you said meant that you had such a positive experience that you couldn't get much better?

What does she want?

I was going to reply but I really can't be bothered.

Some people are wierd, aren't they?

Take care hun, we love ya!

Shirley x
Old May 18th 2007, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Well what do you want?

I have said Australia is MY home, not the UK. Is that bad then

Why would I post on the 'why I'm going home' thread, when I'm already home in AUSTRALIA

I've had enough Pizza, anyone for beer instead.
Well. Australia called. She was trying to pull me.

I went to Australia by plane, to Perth, Western Australia to be exact.

After 2 weeks of sightseeing around here, I got a job. Ye see, i needed to pay me rent et al,

anyway fast forward 3 years. Am still here and I love her as she loves me. we even have a little australian girl too.
Old May 18th 2007, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Oh Wendy

Surely what you said meant that you had such a positive experience that you couldn't get much better?

What does she want?

I was going to reply but I really can't be bothered.

Some people are wierd, aren't they?

Take care hun, we love ya!

Shirley x
Oh well, cheered me up anyway. I mean it's so good here I'm ready to top myself
Old May 18th 2007, 1:36 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, cheered me up anyway. I mean it's so good here I'm ready to top myself
I know how you feel, I haven't been able to smile at all today - too busy grinning like an idiot instead
Old May 18th 2007, 1:41 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Cher-ching! You win a prize

Y'see the subtle difference between someone with strong opposing views and a troll is that a troll will ignore any attempts at reason (because they have no reasoning ability) and plough-on regardless hoping to reel-in the unsuspecting.

Of course, the troll's standard defence is to shout "I'm not a troll, none of you want to hear my views, how dare you" and this may gain some short-term support, then the splits will start to appear between previously united posters and the job is done.

The worst thing you can do is to get sucked-in and try to reason because the troll just don't give a monkey's and it's a waste of effort.

Cats man, they think of nothing but themselves.

The internet, mmmmmarvellous innit?

Cheers,
Vim
shut up
Old May 18th 2007, 1:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by alicecat
ok sorry i didnt get that feel, as it was a short shapr post, that aus is home and uk is where she used to live...................didnt seem like any advise positve or negative, just didnt know what she was trying to say..........sorry wendy wasnt being horrible, just thought you didnt say anything so i assumed you were one of those who wanted to come back to the uk...

ok i was wrong, so that means i deserve all the negative posts, and slagging off, oh and the troll.........!!!......and you are all adults hang your heads in shame.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.