Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who's Irish and posting on BE ?

Who's Irish and posting on BE ?

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice
Default Who's Irish and posting on BE ?

Hi There

Didn't want to barge in on any existing threads - so thought I'd start a new one of my very own !!!!

Just curious as to how many of us obsessively checking this website are Irish ?

Of the Augustees there's several - perhaps you'd all like to identify yourselves ?

I'm Melbourne - living in Wicklow - me, oh and dd are headed for Melbourne (guess that was pretty obvious).

Our application was recd. in Oz on 29 August - and we recd. full ack. on 24 Jan - we're going on a skilled, designated area, family sponsored visa - temporary for two years with the option to convert to permanent.

We had our meds in Donnybrook in March - but Doc. didn't think we needed to have blood tests done - however LCU were in touch with our agent (AVS in Clane) last week requesting that these be done. So we toddled back into Donnybrook last Friday and are waiting on the results.

We don't have a C.O. yet.

We have now applied for our pcc's twice - in two different Garda stations - gave up on the first one after six weeks - surely it couldn't take that long ??!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:25 pm
"At Home"

ekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really nice
Default Re: Who's Irish and posting on BE ?

How is it goin'. I am over here in NSW. Eamon.
Originally Posted by Melbourne
Hi There

Didn't want to barge in on any existing threads - so thought I'd start a new one of my very own !!!!

Just curious as to how many of us obsessively checking this website are Irish ?

Of the Augustees there's several - perhaps you'd all like to identify yourselves ?

I'm Melbourne - living in Wicklow - me, oh and dd are headed for Melbourne (guess that was pretty obvious).

Our application was recd. in Oz on 29 August - and we recd. full ack. on 24 Jan - we're going on a skilled, designated area, family sponsored visa - temporary for two years with the option to convert to permanent.

We had our meds in Donnybrook in March - but Doc. didn't think we needed to have blood tests done - however LCU were in touch with our agent (AVS in Clane) last week requesting that these be done. So we toddled back into Donnybrook last Friday and are waiting on the results.

We don't have a C.O. yet.

We have now applied for our pcc's twice - in two different Garda stations - gave up on the first one after six weeks - surely it couldn't take that long ??!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Hi Eamon

Fill us in on your journey to Oz - how, when, why etc..
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Melbourne,
I'm living in Dublin. Got my meds done last monday with the same doc. He DID take a bllod sample though. Still awaiting results. I think there were a few of us in his office in the last week or two and so he's probably got them all to do lol.

Hopefully out in Oz by September/October. Only applied in March.

Theres a thread already started on here for us Oirish. PCC's were done in January. Hey they're free and so if I'm pushed for time, I'll get it done again.

Mairead on here is heading to Melbourne
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Nige

Where's the thread for us (sounds like we're a special breed - hmmm.... maybe we are) ?

M
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524530
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:58 pm
"At Home"

ekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really nice

Originally Posted by Melbourne
Hi Eamon

Fill us in on your journey to Oz - how, when, why etc..
From Dublin, worked in london for a bit and three years ago applied for skilled visa and got it. came over on a reci Aug. 2005 between brisbane and nsw central coast. decided on central coast, so moved over here in January 2007, bought a house six months in and there is no way we will be going back. Yes we have gripes about systems and red tape or people traits, but you will always get that with anywhere you live . Here is just bliss and people are great. Weether here on the central coast is just rain, rain and more rain at the moment. Don't let that put you off- it's warm rain and when it goes it's lovely. I agree with others here ther is ahuge wage drop but the lifestyle sorry quality of life is multiple times better.Just makes everyday easier.. Good luck- Eamon.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Eamon

Thanks for that - my sisters live in Melbourne - but it doesn't make leaving my Mum and my oh's family, not to mention our friends, any easier - however we just want a better quality of life - less stress - sounds like you've found it.

Keep enjoying.

M
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:13 pm
CynOpt

CynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Melbourne,
I'm on my way, Tipp/Cork Irish living in England at the moment.

Going to Melbourne, applied in August, and same visa type as you too!!.

We got the visa back in FEB, we were one of the lucky ones. Good thing too, cos I'm on 3 months notice, finishing THIS FRIDAY ....YEEEHAAAAA.
Stuff is being shipped this week too.

This time 2 weeks, we'll be tucked up in bed in rellies house in Mellie.

Not sold house yet, I just putting my metaphorical hands over my ears and going LALALA. We'll rent it if we have to.

We need to do an Irish meet so I can get my irish accent back up to strength
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CynOpt
Hi Melbourne,
I'm on my way, Tipp/Cork Irish living in England at the moment.

Going to Melbourne, applied in August, and same visa type as you too!!.

We got the visa back in FEB, we were one of the lucky ones. Good thing too, cos I'm on 3 months notice, finishing THIS FRIDAY ....YEEEHAAAAA.
Stuff is being shipped this week too.

This time 2 weeks, we'll be tucked up in bed in rellies house in Mellie.

Not sold house yet, I just putting my metaphorical hands over my ears and going LALALA. We'll rent it if we have to.

We need to do an Irish meet so I can get my irish accent back up to strength
I think a meet up is a good idea. It would be a definite advantage to all of us if we have contacts in the same situation once we arrive in Australia. We are going to different spots but the support is invalauble.

Got a tooth extracted about an hour ago and a bit all over the place right now lol.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:08 pm
CynOpt

CynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
I think a meet up is a good idea. It would be a definite advantage to all of us if we have contacts in the same situation once we arrive in Australia. We are going to different spots but the support is invalauble.

Got a tooth extracted about an hour ago and a bit all over the place right now lol.
Were you talking about a pre or post immigration meet?

I was thinking that a lot of Irish seem to go to Melbourne, was hoping to meet some there?

I wont make it back to Ireland again before I leave UK, but I've been to UK meets and you guys should definitely do one before you go.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

I'm from Galway - been on the Gold Coast just over two years and love this place. Michelle x
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Russ_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really nice

we are from Dublin..

and heading out to Sydney in late September on a 457 visa..

any Irish in Sydney or are they all in Melbourne?
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:49 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Originally Posted by knockoff nige

Hey there, sorry to hear about the tooth.

PS. Have you had any news about the meds yet.

Regards

Silverski
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:14 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I'm half Irish does that count? I have a proper Irish mammy - God help me

P.S Ev - give me a shout before you leave - we'll have to have a drink or 3 to see you on your way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.