Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whole life in perth up for sale on e-bay!!

Whole life in perth up for sale on e-bay!!

Old Jun 21st 2008, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

mollyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whole life in perth up for sale on e-bay!!

Just reading the local paper this morning and found a storey about a northeast man who moved to Perth some years ago and now wants to sell his life, including house and full contents, car, and job. The whole lot is inclued, even down to his jet ski and spa. The bidding on e-bay starts 22nd June for one week. His web site is www.alife4sale.com. He`s put loads of pictures and videos on there with a full description of what`s included.
Sounds like a really crazy idea but it`s definitely interesting. If I had visa already and heading to Perth, I might even have put a bid in!!
Just incase someone might be interested. It says in the paper that he hopes to get at least £230 grand. Sounds like a bargain!
Old Jun 21st 2008, 5:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whole life in perth up for sale on e-bay!!

Didn't this come up a few months back?
Old Jun 21st 2008, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Just read back my post, and it sounds like I`m touting for business for him I don`t know him at all.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mollyb
Just read back my post, and it sounds like I`m touting for business for him I don`t know him at all.
I didn`t see it, but it`s a good idea, especially for those going over there and wanting a ready made home. It wouldn`t be for everyone, but I bet he gets his sale. The web site has had thousands of hits. I`ll definitely watch to see what happens.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Didn't this come up a few months back?
There was a family a while back who were selling everything they owned on ebay because they couldn't afford the mortgage on the piece of land they owned and weren't willing to give it up. It was definately a publicity stunt I feel
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 9:19 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

He'll only get for his house what it's worth. To sell his spa and jetski separately he'd probably get next to nothing anyway.

As for selling his friends. Who wants to gain someone elses friends?

And the job: No doubt if the job happens to fit with what you do, go for it. His employer saves having to recruit someone else to replace him. I've no doubt if whoever takes over doesn't do a good job, the employer will dismiss them anyway so again, what's the big deal

It's all a gimmick and marketing ploy and it's working. Some people are daft enough to fall for it.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
He'll only get for his house what it's worth. To sell his spa and jetski separately he'd probably get next to nothing anyway.

As for selling his friends. Who wants to gain someone elses friends?

And the job: No doubt if the job happens to fit with what you do, go for it. His employer saves having to recruit someone else to replace him. I've no doubt if whoever takes over doesn't do a good job, the employer will dismiss them anyway so again, what's the big deal

It's all a gimmick and marketing ploy and it's working. Some people are daft enough to fall for it.
Marketing ploy or not, it`s still a good idea if you want to sell up lock stock and barrel. Personally I wouldn`t want the job or his friends, as I would already have the job and be keen to make my own friends, but hey, I bet it works.
Mind you I am a bit naive at times I really thought it was genuine, as he comes from a town near me and the local press have published quite a spread about him, picture n all
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 2:42 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Bids are already at $730,600 and still got 6 days to go, i am going to keep an eye on this , beintersting to see what it goes for

michell
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 2:58 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Whole life in perth up for sale on e-bay!!

I really thought it was genuine, as he comes from a town near me and the local press have published quite a spread about him, picture n all
It is genuine. The Beeb has reported on Mr Usher and his offer (see the article here).
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 5:06 pm

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

highest bid now stands at
$2,000,100.00

wow

michell
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 5:47 pm

ok last bid retracted now stands at

$1,800,100.00

michell
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 6:55 pm
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

People must have more money than sense.

Why on earth would someone pay whats approaching a million quid to work in a carpet shop and have someone elses friends?

The worlds gone mad
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:23 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed it's bonkers, genuine and a gimmick. Some people are like lemmings and fall for anything
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

$2.2m for a house worth $420,000????

I see disappointment for someone

And it's not covered by the Paypal guarantee

WW
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:03 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Just reading the local paper this morning and found a storey about a northeast man who moved to Perth some years ago and now wants to sell his life, including house and full contents, car, and job. The whole lot is inclued, even down to his jet ski and spa. The bidding on e-bay starts 22nd June for one week. His web site is www.alife4sale.com. He`s put loads of pictures and videos on there with a full description of what`s included.
Sounds like a really crazy idea but it`s definitely interesting. If I had visa already and heading to Perth, I might even have put a bid in!!
Just incase someone might be interested. It says in the paper that he hopes to get at least £230 grand. Sounds like a bargain!
A person in Scotland once sold their whole castle by numbering all the tiles on the roof then raffling the tile equivalent for a pound a ticket. Who ever had the winning tile number got the whole castle and obviously the owner got more than the castle was worth.

This Perth guys just doing what a lot of us did I suppose, he's just being smarter at it, as we just sold odds and sods on Ebay and gave stuff to family and mates or burnt it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.