Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whole life in perth up for sale on e-bay!!

Whole life in perth up for sale on e-bay!!

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 3:11 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default Re: Whole life in perth up for sale on e-bay!!

crazy to pay 2.2 million for it all, but I think it's a great idea for the seller to scratch his old life and start anew. Realistically, would about 800,000 be a fair price to pay for the house and contents, car etc? Job is sorted at least, but I don't think they would be able to pay enough to cover the buyers 2.2 mill mortgage. Interesting.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 4:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Saw this mentioned on the news the other night. They didn't mention where the house/life/friends were though but I kind of assumed it might be Perth I did like his reasoning though, not about hating his life, just wanting a change after a divorce - good luck to him.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:32 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

He can hardly claim he hates Aus and his Aussie life stinks...as that wouldn't win him any offers

Who in their right mind pays over $2m for a house worth less than $500k

That must be a mistake or he's bidding for his own property. No one's that stupid surely
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Stormz
crazy to pay 2.2 million for it all, but I think it's a great idea for the seller to scratch his old life and start anew. Realistically, would about 800,000 be a fair price to pay for the house and contents, car etc? Job is sorted at least, but I don't think they would be able to pay enough to cover the buyers 2.2 mill mortgage. Interesting.
Lets say 400,000 for the house
The luxury Mazda (a 1989 model) $1,000 - $2,300 (Redbook)

The motorbike $4,500 - $5,300 (Redbook)
A 13yo jetski say $3,000

About $405,000 would be close to mark all up. Of course you apply the Ebay not more than 60% value you would be paying a lot less.

Those friends or the job must be worth a lot

WW
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Where is everyone getting the Million $ bids from?? I can only see $155,100.00
Tracie
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:21 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Where is everyone getting the Million $ bids from?? I can only see $155,100.00
Tracie
I just followed the crowed. Apt dontcha think

[couldn't be bothered to read it and check]
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 11:16 am
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

The price this morning was at 2mil , a lot of bids have been retracted, or they were not lagit bids, as you have to contact the seller now to be approved.

michell
by the way the bid now stand at $245,100.00

Last edited by michell; Jun 23rd 2008 at 11:19 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 11:17 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michell
The price this morning was at 2mil , a lot of bids have been retracted, or they were not lagit bids, as you have to contact the seller now to be approved.

michell
Just read on the news. After removing false bids it now stands at $155K.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by worzel
Oh dear. I bet he's cheesed off
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 1:12 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's AU $300,100.00 now, so it's doubled in 2 hours

Last edited by Tiawamutu; Jun 23rd 2008 at 1:14 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 1:29 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Well it's AU $300,100.00 now, so it's doubled in 2 hours
Assuming that is a real bid
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 2:14 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming that is a real bid
Aren't people sad, not bidding for real. They are idiots, as a bid is a legally binding contract and it would serve them right if they had to pay!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 2:37 pm

Actually, I've just found out what happened, and why the bids went so erratic as they did.

Before the auction started, people had to register to bid (as you already know)
This pre-registration was already confirmed, and was supposed to be switched on as soon as the auction started. However, it did not work.

This meant, and any old Tom Dick or Harry could bid, hence the mad sums of money being bid!

All bids were then retracted as far as the first registered bidder, hence why it went back down to around $155,000

I know this, as I was one of those who registered (as I originally thought items were going on sale individually) and have just received an e-mail from Ian, explaining what had happened.

Good luck to him, I say, and hope it all turns out well.

Last edited by Tiawamutu; Jun 23rd 2008 at 2:58 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

For anyone in uk I've just seen this advertised on the ITV news at ten.
They are doing a feature on the guy selling up. 10pm tonight
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

mollyb is an unknown quantity at this point

I watched him on the news tonight. Just seems like a really decent bloke wanting to change direction in life after some tough personal stuff. He didn`t expect to get so much publicity, and he said that someone in Sidney has just done the same thing. I bet we see more of it after this. Watch this space!
Good luck to him I say

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.