Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who will win the Eng vs Oz ODI Cricket Series?

View Poll Results: Who will win the Eng vs Oz ODI Cricket Series?
Australia
44.44%
England
44.44%
Draw
11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Who will win the Eng vs Oz ODI Cricket Series?

Old Sep 7th 2009, 9:28 am
Peace Frog

dodge26 will become famous soon enoughdodge26 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Who will win the Eng vs Oz ODI Cricket Series?

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
They were popular with the English 18 months ago.
They maybe popular to watch, if the aussies win 7-0 it wouldn't bother me in the slightest, would the aussies be happy after losing the ashes. A shallow victory. The big test has been won.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dodge26
They maybe popular to watch, if the aussies win 7-0 it wouldn't bother me in the slightest, would the aussies be happy after losing the ashes. A shallow victory. The big test has been won.
You should have seen the threads on the one dayers 18 months ago. They suddenly became quite important to some The English press was no better but at least one of them pointed out that all the celebrating was a bit misplaces as it was a bit like a fireman running into a burning building to save a baby and coming out with the dog.

I haven't seen much interest in the one dayers at the mo. They seem to more interested in what needs to be fixed.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 9:53 am
Peace Frog

You should have seen the threads on the one dayers 18 months ago. They suddenly became quite important to some The English press was no better but at least one of them pointed out that all the celebrating was a bit misplaces as it was a bit like a fireman running into a burning building to save a baby and coming out with the dog.

I haven't seen much interest in the one dayers at the mo. They seem to more interested in what needs to be fixed.
Didn't see the quotes from 18 months back, in fact I don't really remember what happened. On personall note I'm a big fan of test cricket which is the ultimate test..
Old Sep 8th 2009, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

spilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the rough

They were popular with the English 18 months ago.
Maybe to some who were trying to save some face. But not to most of us. The world cup is OK but 5 match one days series at the end of a test series is ridiculous. They need to move them back to the start of a tour or scrap them.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spilko
Maybe to some who were trying to save some face. But not to most of us. The world cup is OK but 5 match one days series at the end of a test series is ridiculous. They need to move them back to the start of a tour or scrap them.
If they had them before the test series, then no doubt England would have at least 5 injured test players by the end it that wouldn't be able to play in the tests.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 12:55 pm
Peace Frog

Originally Posted by Alfresco
If they had them before the test series, then no doubt England would have at least 5 injured test players by the end it that wouldn't be able to play in the tests.
Not if they stop the warm up routine of over zealous football.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Not if they stop the warm up routine of over zealous football.
Yeah never understood that!

They could always switch to lawn bowls. See link below.

http://www.sportingo.com/all-sports/...s-sports-world
Old Sep 8th 2009, 1:51 pm
Peace Frog

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Yeah never understood that!

They could always switch to lawn bowls. See link below.

http://www.sportingo.com/all-sports/...s-sports-world
Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:18 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

I don't enjoy the one day format, it seems a complete mess. But if England are going to play it then they need to take it seriously. If they aren't going to take it seriously they shouldn't play it. If it's all about money for the board and grass roots cricket then that's fine, but you don't earn any money if no one watches it.

For me, if they want another seven days' revenue they should play another couple of tests.

However, since they are playing it, they need to Beat Australia.

I get the feeling that some fair weather England fans ignore one day cricket because England are crap at it. If England figured out how to play it then they'd all be out there yelling about it.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 1:10 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burbage

I get the feeling that some fair weather England fans ignore one day cricket because England are crap at it. If England figured out how to play it then they'd all be out there yelling about it.
I think it's more about a lot more people just seeing it as a totally different game and therefore have little interest in it. I don't think I have ever been bothered to watch through an entire T20 or ODI game. For me it certainly has nothing to do with whether England are playing well or not. If that were the case then I, or many other cricket fans would have simply switched off from watching cricket altogether over the last 25 years, which is not the case. Really, if this is what fair weather is (2 major series wins over 4 years) then it is not really much to go mental about
Old Sep 9th 2009, 10:40 am
Peace Frog

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I think it's more about a lot more people just seeing it as a totally different game and therefore have little interest in it. I don't think I have ever been bothered to watch through an entire T20 or ODI game. For me it certainly has nothing to do with whether England are playing well or not. If that were the case then I, or many other cricket fans would have simply switched off from watching cricket altogether over the last 25 years, which is not the case. Really, if this is what fair weather is (2 major series wins over 4 years) then it is not really much to go mental about
Well said, I'm no fair weather cricket follower. Its just that test cricket is the ultimate game where the pendulum can swing one day to the next or one session to the next, tactics changing, bowlers working a batsmen over then getting them out with a yorker or a slower ball.. Watching Jimmy and Monty survive at Cardiff, is far more exciting than watching cricketers trying to turf the ball out of the ground.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 11:49 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Well said, I'm no fair weather cricket follower. Its just that test cricket is the ultimate game where the pendulum can swing one day to the next or one session to the next, tactics changing, bowlers working a batsmen over then getting them out with a yorker or a slower ball.. Watching Jimmy and Monty survive at Cardiff, is far more exciting than watching cricketers trying to turf the ball out of the ground.
Dear me, two big ones.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 12:19 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

ODIs? Is that some sort of hyper activity illness? Why, when a game of cricket is declared a draw, does one team win? Why is a draw not a draw? Why the **** am I asking, I really couldn't give a fourx

Who'll win? Some advertiser or media group I should think.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 11:03 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Never a truer word spoken.. most purist`s have no time for the pyjama form of the game(myself included) and find the idea of sitting through 7 ODI`s utterly nauseating!
Old Sep 11th 2009, 11:06 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Who will win the Eng vs Oz ODI Cricket Series?

I predicted that Australia would lose the Ashes, and I was right. But I believe we will win the ODI series and I definitely prefer this format to the hack 'n' slash of T20.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.