Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who wants to sponsor me!

Wikiposts

Who wants to sponsor me!

Old May 20th 2006, 3:52 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who wants to sponsor me!

I am planning to do the Run to the G, half marathon :scared: on Sunday 18th June. The charity chosen by the event is The Cancer Council Victoria. I have never run this far before and I am training hard. Did a 13k run this morning. If any of you fancy sponsoring me please feel free to send me a pm and I will give you details.

Alternatively if anyone else is also doing this run and is living in the bayside area and fancies doing some training together feel free to pm me and we can make arrangements to meet up.

come on now - you know you want to and it is for a good charity.
Old May 20th 2006, 8:20 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who wants to sponsor me!

Originally Posted by Vanessa
I am planning to do the Run to the G, half marathon :scared: on Sunday 18th June. The charity chosen by the event is The Cancer Council Victoria. I have never run this far before and I am training hard. Did a 13k run this morning. If any of you fancy sponsoring me please feel free to send me a pm and I will give you details.

Alternatively if anyone else is also doing this run and is living in the bayside area and fancies doing some training together feel free to pm me and we can make arrangements to meet up.

come on now - you know you want to and it is for a good charity.
Good luck Vanessa. My missus is entering the City to Surf this year.
Old May 20th 2006, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Hutch
Good luck Vanessa. My missus is entering the City to Surf this year.

Thanks for that. good luck to the missus too.
Old May 25th 2006, 9:25 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Hows the sponsorship going Vanessa ?

I'll chuck in $20 towards the cancer council.
Old May 26th 2006, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by Bordy
Hows the sponsorship going Vanessa ?

I'll chuck in $20 towards the cancer council.
Nothing from here so far but thanks for your contribution. Going out tomorrow morning for a long run so if anyone sees a large bottomed, red faced, middle aged woman running along Beach Road, don't offer me a lift!
Old Jun 17th 2006, 2:26 pm

Well I did it - 21.2k or 13 miles in 2 hours 15. Not good but better than nothing. did the first 10k in 55 minutes but then hip was sore and got a HUGE blister on the arch of my foot. Really slowed me down but hey ho better than not finishing at all. Now going to do the City to Surf (or is it Surf to City?) in Sydney in October.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vanessa

Well done and good luck with the mini marathon! I will sponsor you too.

Love

Mel
Old Jun 17th 2006, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by melibeam
Hi Vanessa

Well done and good luck with the mini marathon! I will sponsor you too.

Love

Mel
cheers Mel, Good to see you back - lunch or drinks one evening?

Love, V
Old Jun 17th 2006, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

cheers Mel, Good to see you back - lunch or drinks one evening?

Love, V
thanks V

will be in touch

Mel
Old Jun 17th 2006, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hereandnow is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I did it - 21.2k or 13 miles in 2 hours 15. Not good but better than nothing. did the first 10k in 55 minutes but then hip was sore and got a HUGE blister on the arch of my foot. Really slowed me down but hey ho better than not finishing at all. Now going to do the City to Surf (or is it Surf to City?) in Sydney in October.

Hi vanessa, A MASSIVE WELL DONE!!! Good luck with the next one....we'll sponsor you.

Julia x