Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

WHO IS STUCK SELLING THERE HOUSE?

WHO IS STUCK SELLING THERE HOUSE?

Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

ronnie98 will become famous soon enough
Default WHO IS STUCK SELLING THERE HOUSE?

Hi Guys,
Would like to no how many of us are stuck selling there home?
Ive just lowered our price again!
Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: WHO IS STUCK SELLING THERE HOUSE?

Yeah we are in the same boat as well mate, ours been on the market since march 08 and have lowered it twice already :curse:
It could have sold three times over had it not been for next doors effing dog

Kev
Old Jan 8th 2009, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Walk_About is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought about renting it out? Personally I wouldn't sell mine now if I were moving over... with the exchange rate at about 2.05 to the Quid, I'd probably hang on a while.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kevncarlz
Yeah we are in the same boat as well mate, ours been on the market since march 08 and have lowered it twice already :curse:
It could have sold three times over had it not been for next doors effing dog

Kev
Time for steak and rat poison eh?
Old Jan 9th 2009, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Walk_About
Time for steak and rat poison eh?
Yes you are right about the dollar, we might have to struggle a bit with juggling everything but 5yrs time it might all pay off, I really dont think things can get alot worse.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:06 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Thought about renting it out? Personally I wouldn't sell mine now if I were moving over... with the exchange rate at about 2.05 to the Quid, I'd probably hang on a while.
but it could go lower.....................
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Indeed that might be the case, but looking at the historical exchange rates over the years I would say that £ vs A$, at the moment, the A$ is riding high. Its true though that one never knows...
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
It has gone up a bit though. Since the thread started when it was 2.05 it has gone up 10c. Every little helps !
Old Jan 9th 2009, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
It has gone up a bit though. Since the thread started when it was 2.05 it has gone up 10c. Every little helps !
We can only keep our fingers crossed
Old Jan 9th 2009, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

Yeah we thought about renting out but the idea of trying to find a tenant from the other side of the world was off putting, plus it's not really a viable option as we need the money from the sale to be able to support ourselves if the work goes t*ts up or any other unforseen event.

Not too fussed at the exchange rate just yet as we can move in with family until we are ready to go, which is a bonus as we will hopefully be able to just sit back and wait until rate goes up and have the money at hand to change as and when.

oh and as for the poisoned steak for the dog, of course i considered it many times over in fact

Kev
Old Jan 9th 2009, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kevncarlz
Yeah we thought about renting out but the idea of trying to find a tenant from the other side of the world was off putting, plus it's not really a viable option as we need the money from the sale to be able to support ourselves if the work goes t*ts up or any other unforseen event.

Not too fussed at the exchange rate just yet as we can move in with family until we are ready to go, which is a bonus as we will hopefully be able to just sit back and wait until rate goes up and have the money at hand to change as and when.

oh and as for the poisoned steak for the dog, of course i considered it many times over in fact

Kev
Do you get on with its owners, can they not take it in when you have a veiwing?
Yes we could do with the money as its a big gamble renting and relying on your rent to come in to balance the figures but I dont want to loose much more on my house. You could open the gate and let the dog run off!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 9th 2009, 4:34 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ronnie98
Hi Guys,
Would like to no how many of us are stuck selling there home?
Ive just lowered our price again!
Who is stuck selling their home
Old Jan 9th 2009, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronnie98
Do you get on with its owners, can they not take it in when you have a veiwing?

You could open the gate and let the dog run off!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah we get on with the owners great, it was their son who persuaded us to emigrate to OZ instead of spain lol, even when they took it in it still barked as it could hear people outside. Opening the gate was defo not an option, as it's a rottweiler and i wouldn't like it to hurt anyone and be my fault

Kev
Old Jan 9th 2009, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Yeh Im with you, cannot sell my house its been on the market since Nov 07 reduced the price its the cheapest for this type of house but still cannot get anyone through the door.
Oh well im sure it will happen on day
Old Jan 9th 2009, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by suart
Yeh Im with you, cannot sell my house its been on the market since Nov 07 reduced the price its the cheapest for this type of house but still cannot get anyone through the door.
Oh well im sure it will happen on day
Yep we will have to wait

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.