Wikiposts

Who really cares

Old Sep 23rd 2010, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who really cares

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Anyway, the environment is a side issue for me.

Oh well, you answered your own question.

Next you'll be telling me 'Peak Oil' doesn't exist. It's great just to pass it on to the next generation.

JTL
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 3:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Pray Per View apparently...
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 3:12 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Oh well, you answered your own question.

Next you'll be telling me 'Peak Oil' doesn't exist. It's great just to pass it on to the next generation.

JTL
And you didn't answer any of mine.
At the moment I have no opinion on peak oil. I don't know enough about it - neither do you.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
And you didn't answer any of mine.
My apologies. Here are the answers to your questions:

So you only have 1 car but how often do you drive it? How efficient is it?
I drive it about once a week. It does 10Km to the litre.

What about all the rest (power and water usage, bollocks like 'carbon footprint' etc)?
We have solar heating and two massive water tanks.

The people who own 14 cars obviously like cars and good on them for that - I like cars too. They can only drive 2 at a time anyway. Are they nice people?
No as I said previously they are arseholes. Revving motorbike engines outside kiddies bedrooms for 10 minutes at 9pm is my definition of an arsehole. Especially when they threaten to beat me up when I tell them to piss off.

As an example of how loud his sons motorbike is... I know where his son lives, because I can listen, and i hear his bike get to Birkdale roundabout, then he takes a left, then he is on birkdale road, another 2 kilometres he turns on to old cleveland road, then he goes another kilometre and then he pulls in. He is bloody 5 Km from me and I can still hear the stupid motorbike that woke up my kids. Do they not have noise testing here? It is just pointlessly loud.

JTL
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

No as I said previously they are arseholes. Revving motorbike engines outside kiddies bedrooms for 10 minutes at 9pm is my definition of an arsehole. Especially when they threaten to beat me up when I tell them to piss off.

As an example of how loud his sons motorbike is... I know where his son lives, because I can listen, and i hear his bike get to Birkdale roundabout, then he takes a left, then he is on birkdale road, another 2 kilometres he turns on to old cleveland road, then he goes another kilometre and then he pulls in. He is bloody 5 Km from me and I can still hear the stupid motorbike that woke up my kids. Do they not have noise testing here? It is just pointlessly loud.

JTL
We had the same problem many years ago in UK. There was an arsewipe down the street that used to ride his motorbike up and down and up and down for hours most nights. Everyone down the street too terrified to say anything. Sad really. Not too man years ago the men of that street would have got together and had a chat with him, but today they just suffer in fear.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 5:39 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

JTL
He threatens to beat you up?

Shit, do you reckon you will move to get away from him or what do you reckon his chances of moving are?
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 5:42 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

JTL
Not cool.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
He threatens to beat you up?

Shit, do you reckon you will move to get away from him or what do you reckon his chances of moving are?
No, it's old news. As I say the son lives 5Km away, it's just his Dad who lives next door to me, and stands in the background nodding as his son threatens me.

Small beer to me, I've dealt with idiots all my life. The sad case in this situation is the father is our neighbourhood watch representative Needless to say I haven't paid my neighbourhood watch fees for the last 3 years and he hasn't had the balls to ask.

JTL