Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who knows "The meaning of life"?

Who knows "The meaning of life"?

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who knows "The meaning of life"?

Can we keep it clean please, my 8 year old ask me this questions out of blue mum "what is the meaning of life?" this morning when I was driving him to school.
I told him I'll have answer for him when I pick him, so all helps would be appreciated.

I thought about it I really dont know, strange questions children ask their parents, he said he asked his teacher yesterday & she didnt know either.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:54 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who knows "The meaning of life"?

Why are we here? What's life all about?
Is God really real, or is there some doubt?
Well, tonight, we're going to sort it all out,
For, tonight, it's 'The Meaning of Life'.

What's the point of all this hoax?
Is it the chicken and the egg time? Are we just yolks?
Or, perhaps, we're just one of God's little jokes.
Well, ça c'est 'The Meaning of Life'.

Is life just a game where we make up the rules
While we're searching for something to say,
Or are we just simply spiralling coils
Of self-replicating DN-- nay, nay, nay, nay, nay, nay, nay.

What is life? What is our fate?
Is there a Heaven and Hell? Do we reincarnate?
Is mankind evolving, or is it too late?
Well, tonight, here's 'The Meaning of Life'.

For millions, this 'life' is a sad vale of tears,
Sitting 'round with really nothing to say
While the scientists say we're just simply spiralling coils
Of self-replicating DN-- nay, nay, nay, nay, nay, nay, nay.

So, just why-- why are we here,
And just what-- what-- what-- what do we fear?
Well, ce soir, for a change, it will all be made clear,
For this is 'The Meaning of Life'. C'est le sens de la vie.
This is 'The Meaning of Life'.

http://www.lyricsdepot.com/monty-pyt...g-of-life.html
Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

There is me thinking it was going to be short & sweet answer, you see this what happens when you send your kid to a catholic school.
I bet he must have heard it during a mass or something, & he thought to ask, like good mother I am, I'm going to get print out of your answer & stick it on his wall, he can have good read.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:17 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
you see this what happens when you send your kid to a catholic school.
I bet he must have heard it during a mass or something.
He would definitely *not* have "heard it during a mass or something". I first thought you were kidding when you wrote that, but then realised that you probably genuinely don't know.

That song is from a Monty Python film "The Meaning of Life". Definitely not a film the catholic church would approve of .

I don't think your son was referring to this song with his question ...

Gina
Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GinaUK
He would definitely *not* have "heard it during a mass or something". I first thought you were kidding when you wrote that, but then realised that you probably genuinely don't know.

That song is from a Monty Python film "The Meaning of Life". Definitely not a film the catholic church would approve of .

I don't think your son was referring to this song with his question ...

Gina

He is only 8, & he wouldnt have watched the Monty Python film, come to think of I havent either not lived in UK while it was shown.
Well thanks Renth, OMG can you imagined it if he took that thing renth posted to school.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 1:17 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

He is only 8, & he wouldnt have watched the Monty Python film, come to think of I havent either not lived in UK while it was shown.
Well thanks Renth, OMG can you imagined it if he took that thing renth posted to school.
http://www.geocities.com/athens/ithaca/3007/mol.html

I like some of these quotes, maybe you can see a good meaning form them.

To explain the meaning of life i suppose depends on your own beliefs, i do not go to church and i am betrified of dying so i am not very good explaing. However i do work in Intensive Care and realise just how short life can be so i always say to my kids how very precious life is and that we should be kind to others and to ourselves......look after one another and be as safe as you can.

Good luck
Old Jun 4th 2008, 3:53 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Can we keep it clean please, my 8 year old ask me this questions out of blue mum "what is the meaning of life?" this morning when I was driving him to school.
I told him I'll have answer for him when I pick him, so all helps would be appreciated.

I thought about it I really dont know, strange questions children ask their parents, he said he asked his teacher yesterday & she didnt know either.
I always tell my kids to treat people how they'd like to be treated. I hope to god they're not masachists!!!

That and no matter what you do, make a difference

Praps a bit deep but there you go My boy came out with a pearler at 8 after watching the life of mammals 'how do we mate dad??' by that time i'd been married 16 years so I was a bit rusty

Good luck

Steve
Old Jun 4th 2008, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

I think in it's most basic form the meaning of life is to pro-create....

It really is that basic - that is fundamentally what we are here for....

Lau x
Old Jun 4th 2008, 4:59 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Tell him the truth. There is no meaning of life. We are here by accident and our tiny little minds can't grasp that we have no purpose at all other than to reproduce. Tell him that when we die, that's it. Nothing happens and the world keeps spinning. Tell him we are worm food. Tell him that because this is to hard for us to accept, we invent supreme beings that are supposed to have some control over us.

Then... tell him to deal with it.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 5:05 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley
Tell him the truth. There is no meaning of life. We are here by accident and our tiny little minds can't grasp that we have no purpose at all other than to reproduce. Tell him that when we die, that's it. Nothing happens and the world keeps spinning. Tell him we are worm food. Tell him that because this is to hard for us to accept, we invent supreme beings that are supposed to have some control over us.

Then... tell him to deal with it.
Always the compassionate view, Fenton.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 5:05 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

I would say that no-one truely knows the answer to this, but whilst we are here we should enjoy the ride!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 5:08 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Always the compassionate view, Fenton.
Tell it like it is I say! Scare some truth in to the little buggers!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 5:09 am
F*** it!

Originally Posted by Jan3kids
I would say that no-one truely knows the answer to this
I do
Old Jun 4th 2008, 5:16 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell it like it is I say! Scare some truth in to the little buggers!
Yes, don't let them be let down later on in life, do it before they're even adults.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

[F]Tell him the truth. There is no meaning of life. We are here by accident and our tiny little minds can't grasp that we have no purpose at all other than to reproduce. Tell him that when we die, that's it. Nothing happens and the world keeps spinning. Tell him we are worm food. Tell him that because this is to hard for us to accept, we invent supreme beings that are supposed to have some control over us.

Then... tell him to deal with it. [/FONT]

I hope you didnt tell your children about "the meaning of life", & scare the sh*t out of them.
Promise that you dont ever take a teaching job, spare the little one of the meaning of life, they might not be able to deal with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.