Who has ping ponged

Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

goingforit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who has ping ponged

Hi All

We are thinking of going back to Oz after just over a year in the UK, we came back to the UK after 4 years in OZ due to family reasons and some homesickness on my part. We have teenage daughters and it was ceratinly complicated and stressful when one setlled and the other didn't.

Back in the UK one is happy the other undecided and we agree the lifestyle was better and the summer here has been pants which doesnt help!

Anyway just interested to find out, for those that have done it, how do you feel this time round. Any advice welcome as its ceratinly costly to keep making this move - and flying the dog is more expensive than a family of four!
Old Aug 31st 2009, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who has ping ponged

Plenty of people Ping Pong..us being one 3 times!!!!!

I would put in a search for Ping Pongers...there are plenty of threads on this subject.

LibbyX
Old Aug 31st 2009, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

goingforit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Libby

I have seen threads in the past and just wondred how people who made the move back to oz have managed. Do they do things differently the second /third time around, do you go with a different attitude.

It would be nice to go back for all the benefits of the better lifestyle but not feel that we may end up abck in the uk, in the near future, poorer and licking our wounds lol!

How is it for you this time round?
Old Sep 1st 2009, 2:18 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Just about to in March
Old Sep 1st 2009, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi goingforit

3rd time round seems to be a lot better for us.

We have come here this time with the attitude that nothing was better for us in the UK so we may aswell be here as anywhere else!

I have had the usual homesickness pangs....but instead of giving in to it, I have made myself think positive about being here and getting on with life....it seems to work for me anyway.

I am not putting myself through the forever thing either....if in a few years time I want to go back to the UK and everyone else wants to go, then we will do with no regrets.

I like it here, my Hubbys loves it here and our kids love it here too, so for now at any rate, we are here and happy.

LibbyX
Old Sep 1st 2009, 5:51 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Just about to in March
Here is SC ping ponging.
Attached Thumbnails Who has ping ponged-untitled.bmp  
Old Sep 1st 2009, 5:53 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Here is SC ping ponging.

I look good don't I
Old Sep 1st 2009, 5:55 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

I look good don't I
It was taken a few years ago though....
Old Sep 1st 2009, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by kporte
It was taken a few years ago though....
- i used to look like this;

Old Sep 1st 2009, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Have ping ponged many times. Emigration is a Pandoras box.

The Aborigines last laugh, you'll probably spend your life doing it.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Have ping ponged many times. Emigration is a Pandoras box.

The Aborigines last laugh, you'll probably spend your life doing it.
Mmm.... I like the idea of going home for a coupla years, then heading to France or Italy to live.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm.... I like the idea of going home for a coupla years, then heading to France or Italy to live.
Its like a credit card.....once you know its there, you'll use it all the time.

(Yes, thats like a lot of things!)
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:08 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

I would say that if you find Aus boring then you will likely feel the same if not worse about France, from my experience. I love visiting there, but I lived there for 7 years and hated every minute of it. Can't speak for Italy though as I've never been
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I would say that if you find Aus boring then you will likely feel the same if not worse about France, from my experience. I love visiting there, but I lived there for 7 years and hated every minute of it. Can't speak for Italy though as I've never been
No way!
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I feel the same way about Australia. France is easier access to the UK. I've always wanted to go to Italy, will be holidaying there first to check it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.