Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who got tickets for Metallica ???

Who got tickets for Metallica ???

Old May 8th 2010, 4:31 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who got tickets for Metallica ???

Come on Own up......
Old May 8th 2010, 4:46 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who got tickets for Metallica ???

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
Come on Own up......

Sadly not - yet another clusterf**k ticket offering by Ticketek - website crashed and kicked me out - when it came back online all the allocation had been sold.

I get sick and tired of this happening again and again. It was the same for Faith No More. I wish they would adopt a minimalist website design for actual ticket sales. It's very frustrating sitting there as it loads the MSN/Bing search bar BS and then a heap of pointless flash animations when all you really want is the 'Buy Now' button.

A friend 'in the industry' says that there are uncharacteristically long delays between the gig dates in different cities, and suggests that they may add some extra shows.

I hope so!

S
Old May 8th 2010, 5:19 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Yip through the visa entertainment presale. There were still gold seats available 4 hours after the sydney allocation so tickets were there.

They are doing extra shows - I know an extra Sydney date was added yesterday. However dont think there will be any more added.

Missed out on the Slash gig though as I thought they were on sale at noon as well but was 9AM.

EDIT: just checked ticketek and there are still single gold seats available for the 2nd gig - silver tickets available for the Wednesday gig so for anyone just needing one ticket they are there a full 27 hours after the pre sale.

Last edited by seang; May 8th 2010 at 5:25 am.
Old May 8th 2010, 5:38 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
Yip through the visa entertainment presale. There were still gold seats available 4 hours after the sydney allocation so tickets were there.

They are doing extra shows - I know an extra Sydney date was added yesterday. However dont think there will be any more added.

Missed out on the Slash gig though as I thought they were on sale at noon as well but was 9AM.

EDIT: just checked ticketek and there are still single gold seats available for the 2nd gig - silver tickets available for the Wednesday gig so for anyone just needing one ticket they are there a full 27 hours after the pre sale.

Seats? Standing or nothing for me!

This annoys me too - there was no second date mentioned until I checked back today, and low and behold that's sold out too. I am a premium ticketek member, and I never get details of additional shows etc until after the tickets have sold out. It seems you almost have to be a professional tiket buyer these days!

I will wait and see if I can pick some standing tix up for the general release.

S
Old May 8th 2010, 7:47 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Seats? Standing or nothing for me!

This annoys me too - there was no second date mentioned until I checked back today, and low and behold that's sold out too. I am a premium ticketek member, and I never get details of additional shows etc until after the tickets have sold out. It seems you almost have to be a professional tiket buyer these days!

I will wait and see if I can pick some standing tix up for the general release.

S
there is another pre-sale release on tuesday and then the general release thursday incase you weren't aware.
Am pretty certain there was no mail about the 2nd day they just put it up on the website (think it was early Friday it was announced) and was available as an option (weds or thurs) when booking tickets from noon yesterday.
The standing tickets sold out first and will for remaining releases so afraid you are on the back foot thats why I took the pre sale seated tickets and if I score standing in the next releases will sell the seated - for face value. Dont miss out that way. But standing are the ones everyone wants so will be hard to score if your buying via web.

Last edited by seang; May 8th 2010 at 7:50 am.
Old May 8th 2010, 7:59 am
has lost The Game

there is another pre-sale release on tuesday and then the general release thursday incase you weren't aware.
Am pretty certain there was no mail about the 2nd day they just put it up on the website (think it was early Friday it was announced) and was available as an option (weds or thurs) when booking tickets from noon yesterday.
The standing tickets sold out first and will for remaining releases so afraid you are on the back foot thats why I took the pre sale seated tickets and if I score standing in the next releases will sell the seated - for face value. Dont miss out that way. But standing are the ones everyone wants so will be hard to score if your buying via web.

Hmmm. There was definitely no second date when I was trying to buy yesterday.

I will hang in for the second pre-sale on Tuesday by the looks of things. Looks like there are still silver sitting tix available, so I will see how I get on. Where do you see the details for the second pre-sale?

I have seen them before, so not so worried if I miss out - it's more the ticketing BS that I dislike. Maybe I should go back to queuing up for them!

S
Old May 9th 2010, 4:55 am
small steps long journey

Hmmm. There was definitely no second date when I was trying to buy yesterday.

I will hang in for the second pre-sale on Tuesday by the looks of things. Looks like there are still silver sitting tix available, so I will see how I get on. Where do you see the details for the second pre-sale?

I have seen them before, so not so worried if I miss out - it's more the ticketing BS that I dislike. Maybe I should go back to queuing up for them!

S
this link should take you to where it shows the 2nd pre-sale
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows...?sh=METALLIC10

I always find liveguide.com.au very good for being ahead of the pack for announcements regarding any gigs (additional dates etc)
Old May 9th 2010, 5:00 am
has lost The Game

this link should take you to where it shows the 2nd pre-sale
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows...?sh=METALLIC10

I always find liveguide.com.au very good for being ahead of the pack for announcements regarding any gigs (additional dates etc)

Cheers for that, I will hopefully manage to get some this time! Wish me luck!

I will also try and keep track of the liveguide too.

Thanks again,

S
Old May 9th 2010, 7:14 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly not - yet another clusterf**k ticket offering by Ticketek - website crashed and kicked me out - when it came back online all the allocation had been sold.

I get sick and tired of this happening again and again. It was the same for Faith No More. I wish they would adopt a minimalist website design for actual ticket sales. It's very frustrating sitting there as it loads the MSN/Bing search bar BS and then a heap of pointless flash animations when all you really want is the 'Buy Now' button.

A friend 'in the industry' says that there are uncharacteristically long delays between the gig dates in different cities, and suggests that they may add some extra shows.

I hope so!

S
Yeah it really is crap...i just about managed to get a ticket paid for b4 my 10mins ran out...
Old May 11th 2010, 8:16 am
small steps long journey

Cheers for that, I will hopefully manage to get some this time! Wish me luck!

I will also try and keep track of the liveguide too.

Thanks again,

S
there is a 3rd Sydney gig on the Saturday.
Old May 11th 2010, 8:27 am
has lost The Game

there is a 3rd Sydney gig on the Saturday.

Phew! Managed to get some for the standing area for the Saturday gig! Thanks to a friend in the MetClub though - I went in for the Ticketek member sale again and got kicked out straight away, and then all the allocation was gone when I got back in.

It all so nearly ended in tears!

Thanks for the heads up.

S