Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

who else is waiting to sell there house....

who else is waiting to sell there house....

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all
Default Re: who else is waiting to sell there house....

cheers everyone just hope it goes thru now??!!! i will post asap on it
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:42 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Barbara and Mike
Good Luck Gerry
My own home is going on the market next week, the other 2 were rental properties, you are all making me worry again. Maybe cheaper properties are selling. I was not joking about these sales. One didn't even get the brochure printed before it sold. Have a really good agent.

I really had anticipated the houses being on the market for months. Can't understand it myself. We are retiring to Austtralia, so obviously money from property has to keep us for the rest of our lives. may have been lucky with the sales but pensions crashed!

Sorry if I sounded smug! wasn't intended, just trying to make you feel better. OUr main concern at the moment is exchange rates difference for us could be as much as £75,000 since Jan this year. Really can't afford to loose that much and don't know whether to rent over there and keep capital in UK. However no prediction that rates will improve.

The drop in exchange rates will affect us all, make a big difference to what we can purchase over there.

Any tips?
Hi there, although not sold yet and coming up to the 4 month mark now, we also are keeping en eye on the exchange rate because it makes so much difference. We intend on leaving money in the UK until, hopefully, it rises a bit. Already most of us on here are losing lots of money on the house by reducing numerous times so to lose on the exchange rate will really hurt.

Good luck with selling your other house.

Nicky

Originally Posted by Lee and Joanne
We have booked another EA to come round tomorrow. It's been 6 months now and I've only had one viewing, that was yesterday. Will ring EA at 9.00 to find out whats happening.
The buyer we had before that offered us cash paid for a surveyor to come round. Everything was going through fine until he rang last weekend. He has been refused his mortgage so he had to pull out.
Reduced ours again. As long as we don't lose any I'm not bothered about making a profit as we made a killing on our last house.
Good luck with yours,
Joanne
Hi Joanne, fingers crossed that the viewers buy your house. We have a new EA coming round today at 3pm to try and stir up some interest. We are going to reduce again by 25k, making a total of 75k reduction now. Heartbreaking Good luck

Nicky xx
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi there, although not sold yet and coming up to the 4 month mark now, we also are keeping en eye on the exchange rate because it makes so much difference. We intend on leaving money in the UK until, hopefully, it rises a bit. Already most of us on here are losing lots of money on the house by reducing numerous times so to lose on the exchange rate will really hurt.

Nicky

Hi Joanne, fingers crossed that the viewers buy your house. We have a new EA coming round today at 3pm to try and stir up some interest. We are going to reduce again by 25k, making a total of 75k reduction now. Heartbreaking Good luck

Nicky xx
Thanks Nicky,
We had an offer this morning, first one in 6 MONTHS. Cheeky offer though. So refused it. Just had another phone call. Somebody is coming round in Half an hour. Sold and in a position to buy. omg! Wish me luck

Joanne x
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:30 am

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Nicky,
We had an offer this morning, first one in 6 MONTHS. Cheeky offer though. So refused it. Just had another phone call. Somebody is coming round in Half an hour. Sold and in a position to buy. omg! Wish me luck

Joanne x
Oh my god, lots and lots of luck. You never know the others might up their offer too. Will keep everything crossed for you
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:41 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nicky,

Joanne x
Hey , fab news a bit of action ... good luck
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough

Buckets of luck coming right at you..........toes and fingers blue with crossing tightly........let us know as soon as you hear anything
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

Vague is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gerry
national homebuyers pulled out

the auction is northwest property auctions

mine is in tomorrow amd i am bricking myself in case it doesnt sell
Hi,

I was hoping to move my family to Adelaide in July but house has been on for 4 months - only 2 viewers - no offers. If we can't get a sale - we can't go. Dropped by 15k two weeks ago and still no viewers.

You say national homebuyers pulled out. I've been thinking about this route and wondered what happened - did they gunzunder you or something? (lower the offer price on the exchange date). If so, by how much? - Maybe I could cost it into the budget.

I just really want to get to Oz!

Good luck with your auction.

(Vague) Kate
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

eve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to all

OMG we just put ours on today
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Vague
Hi,

I was hoping to move my family to Adelaide in July but house has been on for 4 months - only 2 viewers - no offers. If we can't get a sale - we can't go. Dropped by 15k two weeks ago and still no viewers.

You say national homebuyers pulled out. I've been thinking about this route and wondered what happened - did they gunzunder you or something? (lower the offer price on the exchange date). If so, by how much? - Maybe I could cost it into the budget.

I just really want to get to Oz!

Good luck with your auction.

(Vague) Kate
Originally Posted by eve209
Hi there and good luck for selling the houses.

Nicky
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:53 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nicky,

Joanne x
Wow, great news. Fingers crossed you get another off.
Joex
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:55 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eve209
Welcome to the club Good luck

Joex
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Barbara and Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Nicky, thanks, not good forcasts on exchange rate although good interest rates are available in Aussie on investments, Managed to get 7.9% in Feb when we were on hols over there. Still think we would lose over all with exchange rates, dificult to work out.

Barbara

Originally Posted by nickywes

Nicky

Nicky xx
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Joanne,

How did you go with your other viewer, please say you have some good news.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

MORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura about

Please can someone help us make our decision................Okay here goes.
Husbands visa granted house been on the market for the past 3 months. Have a 2 bedroom terrace up for £104950 had several viewings but only one offer. Lady put 2 offers in first was £97 then £98 turned both down. EA rang today to say she was still interested and coming back with another offer. Woman sold here house due to divorce and waiting on her share of money to be sorted out through solicitors. EA has said she is thinking of making an offer of £101 but not definite until she hears from her solicitors. OH would like to wait to see if we might get another offer he, would ideally like £103. Myself I would just like to cut and run with £101. Another house 2 doors down, up for same price but not sure how low they would drop to secure a buyer. Advantages and disadvantages with both properties. Ours has bigger garden theres has new bathroom etc. Please help with some advice, as not really sure what we should do, and with all the doom and gloom on the TV!!!! We would not lose on selling the house for £101 still make a tidy profit. PLEASE HELP............................
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by MORCPOM1
Please can someone help us make our decision................Okay here goes.
Husbands visa granted house been on the market for the past 3 months. Have a 2 bedroom terrace up for £104950 had several viewings but only one offer. Lady put 2 offers in first was £97 then £98 turned both down. EA rang today to say she was still interested and coming back with another offer. Woman sold here house due to divorce and waiting on her share of money to be sorted out through solicitors. EA has said she is thinking of making an offer of £101 but not definite until she hears from her solicitors. OH would like to wait to see if we might get another offer he, would ideally like £103. Myself I would just like to cut and run with £101. Another house 2 doors down, up for same price but not sure how low they would drop to secure a buyer. Advantages and disadvantages with both properties. Ours has bigger garden theres has new bathroom etc. Please help with some advice, as not really sure what we should do, and with all the doom and gloom on the TV!!!! We would not lose on selling the house for £101 still make a tidy profit. PLEASE HELP............................
Personally I would take the offer. Who knows how much longer it will take for another buyer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.