Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

who else is waiting to sell there house....

who else is waiting to sell there house....

Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: who else is waiting to sell there house....

reduced again on EA advice, still no interest...

I was cool about it all, but am now stressing as I feel I can't get on with life here... We need to buy and settle for the kids sake and we are in a rental that the owners hve put on the market so could be homeless with 4 weeks notice at any time... pretty uncomfortable situation with 4 kids and 60 tea chests still as they arrived from the uk sat in our garage.

And it rained last night too...
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold

hi all

if you have seen my other thread we got to exchange of contracts when our FTB pulled out:curse:

he recons he lost his job but i think he got cod feet with the market and will wait and see what happens...if he did lose his job then i feel very sorry for him.

we had got a lovely rental sorted out and i havent told them yet that the house sale has fallen through but as we now have had NO interest AT ALL (it is worse than in october 07 when we first came on the market) i am gonna have to

grrrrr

debbie

good look to all trying to sell
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:37 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by debbieuk
hi all

if you have seen my other thread we got to exchange of contracts when our FTB pulled out:curse:

he recons he lost his job but i think he got cod feet with the market and will wait and see what happens...if he did lose his job then i feel very sorry for him.

we had got a lovely rental sorted out and i havent told them yet that the house sale has fallen through but as we now have had NO interest AT ALL (it is worse than in october 07 when we first came on the market) i am gonna have to

grrrrr

debbie

Hi Debbie

What a horrible thing to do. That is worse than having no buyer in the first place I reckon.

Fingers crossed for some new viewers.

Nicky xx
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

THORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to all

hi all

if you have seen my other thread we got to exchange of contracts when our FTB pulled out

grrrrr

debbie

I'm so sorry to hear that. I bet that feels worse than having no buyer at all.
I hope it works out for you.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

suppose we are lucky in so much as no reasonable offer means we haven't got that far with any sale and so got our hopes up at all....

I would like for any accpted offer to have to be accompanied with a non refundable deposit to compensate for financial loss and emotional distress... bloody b@st@rds
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

We dropped our price yesterday Maybe now we will get some viewers thru the door

Lynn xx
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

hopefully you will

just to update this thread as some of you know my house goes to auction at the end of the month,anway to cut it short we have been offered a reasonable amount thru one of these home buyer companys so i have sent back today the i accept your offer please proceed blah blah blah form anyway i hopeing they can get things moving before the auction so i can pull out of the auction
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Gerry

Can i be cheeky and ask who and if you had to pay a silly valuation fee? Some companies apparently charge £800 for survey / valuation.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

there is no valuation fee and it is with national homebuyers.co.uk

just hope they are as good as they sound???

i just want the contracts now sign em and wait for the money lol
Old Apr 15th 2008, 2:11 pm
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Originally Posted by gerry
there is no valuation fee and it is with national homebuyers.co.uk

just hope they are as good as they sound???

i just want the contracts now sign em and wait for the money lol
Hi Gerry

I have just found your thread and read all through it and in a way relieved to see so many people in the same position as us, nice to know we're not alone! Our house was put on the market at the beginning of Feb for £125k and is in great condition and in a great area but only had one viewer so far I then got made redundant 3 weeks ago so we decided to book our flights for 23rd June and are going then whether we sell or not, fortunately my MIL lives up the road and said she'd sell the house for us in our absence.

What I'm wondering is how much we'd lose if we sold with National Homebuyers like you? or whether to stick it out or reduce the price. Our EA told us not to lower the price as they said its not the price that is the problem but the lack of people buying at the mo and they said that reducing the price in our case would not make any difference, so I'm thinking that homebuyers might be an option, depending on how much we'll lose, its all sooo frustrating!!!

ANy help or advice would be great
Old Apr 15th 2008, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

yeah its great knwing that!!

we put ours on end of december for £120k had loads of viewings but they all moan about the size of the rear garden (extension took it all up) anyway i just thought we need to go before oct to validate visas and we caqnt be bothered makeing two trips!!

so thats when i sent off to loads of these companys who buy houses some were just idiots with offers of £70k!!

the one now is offering £115k subject to viewing the house from what i gather but it also goes to auction next week so either way i think it will sell in next couple of weeks i dont want to be stuck britain for the recession thats meant to be comeing have put a reserve of £100k on auction and that is minimum we would take for it (4 bedroomed cottage built in 1801 with all mod cons) just very small rear yard lol which didnt bother us when we bought it 9 years ago.....
Old Apr 15th 2008, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

oh yeah and i got mnade redundant too couple of months back and i cant be bothered settling back in work as we can just about get by at the moment
Old Apr 15th 2008, 3:58 pm
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Wel that's not bad, if you get £115k for it and it was on at £120k I think you've done pretty well, I think it may be worth looking into, did they charge you to come and look at it/value it?

Getting made redundant sucks, I got made redundant last year too! I think its a sign telling me that I'm not made to work in this country!

Good luck with the auction hopefully you might even get your asking price
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

you never know!!

yeah getting made redundant sucks but i got a nice payout

i think i may of told a white lie on the vlaue of house on my initail form to them!!!
Old Apr 19th 2008, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

saville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nice

hi would like to add myself to list, We put house on market in Jan 08 so far had 3 viewings and sold it once although it fell through in a matter of a couple of days, reduced by 7000 and had 1 more viewing on Monday, they were there over 30 mins and although they liked it parking was an issue. Got visa week ago so quite urgent to sell although can't keep reducing price as need some money for when we go down under. Here's hoping it gets better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.