Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

who else is waiting to sell there house....

who else is waiting to sell there house....

Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all
Default Re: who else is waiting to sell there house....

hope it sells
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:09 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

OMG estate agent is coming in an hour. The house has never looked so tidy

Joex
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:24 am
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

We have just accepted an offer only yesterday. House has been on the market snce last July at £315 000 then after Xmas we reduced to £300 000 then end of Jan we reduced to £280 000.The offer we ve just accepted is for £265 000. Alot less than it was originally valued at obviously but as has been previously said , a house is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it and at the minute that isnt a lot!!
We just thought it would be much less hassle than leaving it to rent and that money was never ours anyway so we havent "lost" it.
We bought the house 10 years ago for £108 000 and have spent about £30 000 doing it up so we have still made a bit just not as much as we would have liked.
We didnt want to hang on to the house for another 6 months and then be forced to accept even less as the market is going to get worse before it gets better we feel.
Good luck to you all in a simular position.
We fly out to The Gold Coast on May 13th and our buyers have promised we will be completed by the 9th.
Cant wait!!

Janice.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Well Done Dreams Of Oz.

You seem to have the right attitude regarding your house sale It's hard to price drop but I guess it's what we are all going to have to do in the end if we want to sell.

Best of luck with your new life.

Lynn xx
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

We're also struggling to sell. Although we've not waited as long as some of you, we put it up early Feb. We had one viewing who was very posiive but heard nothing since, so obviously a waste of time. After waiting for Easter, when everyone said the market will pick up, it obviously hasn't and can't see it will for a while either. Some are saying things are going to be bad for the next 2 years. With all this in mind, we're going to reduce the price in May and then if still no interest, will look into renting it out for the next few years. It will be tough but I'd rather be in Oz renting and struggling slightly than sitting here for a few more years going potty. Then, when things improve, sell the house and the money will come in very handy to help buy over there. I know it's hard for all of us but I'm sure once we get over there this will all seem so distant. Keep your chin up and think of your new, stress free (!) life. Good luck to everyone.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

Here is the update regards the estate agents, went into my EA from which i have had bad service, told them exactly what i thought regards this :curse:. They didnt have much to say for themselves, no surprice there!!! i have told them that my expectations havent been met and the service expected as stated by them i am still waiting on it. I dont think they were too happy with me but i dont care as i am not happy with them .
Anyway got a call today and they are going to pay for all the adds that go into the local papers untill my house is sold !!!!! WOOP WOOP RESULT !!!!
They have said sorry and that they will make a effort into selling our house, and that as we were emigrating they didnt think we were in a hurry to sell :curse:!!!
WHAT WE GO IN MAY
Anyway lets hope we sell, i am now feeling a little more positive as they might do something for there money.........!!!!!

annkc
Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:02 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

We have just had our first viewer through the estate agent the board only went up Friday. I took the kids to Morrisons out of the way and Mark showed them round. They were here nearly and hour and loved it but they havent sold theirs yet We have the BIL of next door very interested too but he hasnt sold his either!

Anyone got any news or viewers?

Good luck all

Joexx
Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All

Congrats to those who have offers it must be a great feeling.

We flew to Ozon the 3rd, leaving ours for sale, no choice as Jason starts work on the 14th April, it was originally the 7th but the company has given us a week to get organised (thank goodness), anyhow just as we left for the airport, my dad got call to book a viewing, then on Friday he got another call, we had 2 viewings yesterday (Saturday), one couple cash buyers, and the second under offer but in a chain.

We should have come to Oz earlier, been on market over 3 months and only had 1 viewer, not even landed in Oz and have 2 booked

Good Luck to everyone waiting

Tracy
Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:29 am
visa holder

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Hi All

Congrats to those who have offers it must be a great feeling.

We flew to Ozon the 3rd, leaving ours for sale, no choice as Jason starts work on the 14th April, it was originally the 7th but the company has given us a week to get organised (thank goodness), anyhow just as we left for the airport, my dad got call to book a viewing, then on Friday he got another call, we had 2 viewings yesterday (Saturday), one couple cash buyers, and the second under offer but in a chain.

We should have come to Oz earlier, been on market over 3 months and only had 1 viewer, not even landed in Oz and have 2 booked

Good Luck to everyone waiting

Tracy

OO fingers crossed you get an offer soon

Jx

ps Hope you had a safe journey
Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

hope it sells, goodluck on your new life down under
Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

ours is still going to auction on the 22nd april so fingers crossed it hits its reserve......

then the plan is to let little lad finish his term at school (july) then fly out in aug ie the 1st!!!
Old Apr 6th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
OO fingers crossed you get an offer soon

Jx

ps Hope you had a safe journey
Thanks Joe, fingers crossed definitley, we had a good journey thanks, shattered now though, but I think thats the norm for the first week or so. o

Originally Posted by annkc
hope it sells, goodluck on your new life down under
Thanks for this is really is appreciated, very surreal at the moment, but am sure that will change very soon.

Originally Posted by gerry
ours is still going to auction on the 22nd april so fingers crossed it hits its reserve......

then the plan is to let little lad finish his term at school (july) then fly out in aug ie the 1st!!!
Sounds like a great plan, fingers crossed that you reach reserve, or somewhere near so that you can negotiate.

Tracy
Old Apr 6th 2008, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

yeah thats what we are thinking i am tempted to go auction and watch but it may end in tears lol

our best offer is only 7k (off parasites) short of the lowest we would take for house which is 100k but we are sticking to our guns at 100k
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

THORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to all

Hi

We have had our house on market 5 weeks now and only 1 viewer. We have not got visa (or CO) and dont expect to do so for a long time.
Our problem is that our fixed rate mortgage ends on 1st July and we wanted to sell b4 then. We dont want to remortgage because of cost and also penalties we will incur if we sell b4 deal ends. However I have called mortgage company to ask what we will have to pay after July and they said roughly £200 extra a month but will probably go up.
Our house is on market for £149950. It is cheap for our area. There is another house around the corner just gone on market for £179950 and needs work. One sold within a few days a few months ago for £169950. So we dont really think its the price thats a problem, we just feel the market has stopped. I am always on agents websites to check if anything been sold and drive around to check for "sold" signs but nothing is moving.
We dont know what to do :curse::curse::curse:
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:48 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by THORPES
Hi

We have had our house on market 5 weeks now and only 1 viewer. We have not got visa (or CO) and dont expect to do so for a long time.
Our problem is that our fixed rate mortgage ends on 1st July and we wanted to sell b4 then. We dont want to remortgage because of cost and also penalties we will incur if we sell b4 deal ends. However I have called mortgage company to ask what we will have to pay after July and they said roughly £200 extra a month but will probably go up.
Our house is on market for £149950. It is cheap for our area. There is another house around the corner just gone on market for £179950 and needs work. One sold within a few days a few months ago for £169950. So we dont really think its the price thats a problem, we just feel the market has stopped. I am always on agents websites to check if anything been sold and drive around to check for "sold" signs but nothing is moving.
We dont know what to do :curse::curse::curse:
I think they want your blood and soul too.

Nicky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.