Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

who else is waiting to sell there house....

who else is waiting to sell there house....

Old Mar 26th 2008, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Stokesy has a spectacular aura aboutStokesy has a spectacular aura aboutStokesy has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: who else is waiting to sell there house....

Originally Posted by chatty66
rock and hard place eh!!... dont loose him.. you could be there a long time trying to sell... have 3 viewers saying they really like the house but no bugger is offering... what to do?.. chatty
where you Chatty? I am hoping that Brighton is one of the better places to be selling in some respects as it is popular but it is expensive and you don't get any salary weighting allowances like you do for London or outer London. My house is a 2 bed end of terrace. Agent says at least it not a £300-£400k place as they are definitely not shifting.

Fancy a drink? Got bottle of wine downstairs.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

chatty66 will become famous soon enoughchatty66 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: who else is waiting to sell there house....

Originally Posted by Stokesy
where you Chatty? I am hoping that Brighton is one of the better places to be selling in some respects as it is popular but it is expensive and you don't get any salary weighting allowances like you do for London or outer London. My house is a 2 bed end of terrace. Agent says at least it not a £300-£400k place as they are definitely not shifting.

Fancy a drink? Got bottle of wine downstairs.
oh god yes... make it two and I'm there... we are in kent Cranbrook which is a hotspot as it has a very good grammer school... we are 4 bed town house.. hate to be the bearer of bad news but we have been on the market since november!!!! shall we make it 3....
Old Mar 26th 2008, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Stokesy has a spectacular aura aboutStokesy has a spectacular aura aboutStokesy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chatty66
oh god yes... make it two and I'm there... we are in kent Cranbrook which is a hotspot as it has a very good grammer school... we are 4 bed town house.. hate to be the bearer of bad news but we have been on the market since november!!!! shall we make it 3....
crikey dude! I am seriously thinking about selling my pad in Scotland and moving back to the one in Brighton. House in our street here just sold in couple of weeks. Can send 'im indoors out again contracting. he said he wants to see Europe before going home (he is Aussie).

guess this is the time for selling though. You can comfort yourself that November not a good time to sell, or Dec, Jan or Feb. so really you only been on the market a month!!!!

sorry - i just drank most of the wine. I got some beer though - will that do?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Hey Stokesy, When you off and where too - we are in E.Ayshire and putting house on market this w/e hope the market is that bouyant here too!!!!!!!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:02 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey just sat and read all this thread feeling totally disheartened now. Good luck to all trying to sell. We are putting ours up for sale next Wednesday not going to hold my breath though (you go a funny colour)

Joex
Old Mar 26th 2008, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

chelston is an unknown quantity at this point

I am very negative about property in spain,and even some area's of the u.k. but for the south east area of the u.k which I know. I think things will recover in a few years, because supply and demand factors in this area will dictate, also I remember the late 80s slump, very few decent properties on the market, owners sitting tight waiting until things improve, even if it takes 3-5 years, so even buyers were not getting the properties they wanted, same will happen this time, I have a property near brighton rented out, I would not dream of selling it now in this market,
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

Am in Angus Scotland and the market here is dead at the moment, had the house on for 5 weeks and had 4 viewings and 1 offer below asking price and value. We leave on the 20th May so we hope to sell before then. If not we may consider renting it out untill the market picks up. All our fingers are crossed for a sale.
p.s we haven't heard from our EA in 2 weeks to even update us or anything. They promise the world till they get you on board!!!!!!!!!!!:curse:

annkc
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stokesy
crikey dude! I am seriously thinking about selling my pad in Scotland and moving back to the one in Brighton. House in our street here just sold in couple of weeks. Can send 'im indoors out again contracting. he said he wants to see Europe before going home (he is Aussie).

guess this is the time for selling though. You can comfort yourself that November not a good time to sell, or Dec, Jan or Feb. so really you only been on the market a month!!!!

sorry - i just drank most of the wine. I got some beer though - will that do?
the way i fell meths would do... cheers...!!!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by annkc
Am in Angus Scotland and the market here is dead at the moment, had the house on for 5 weeks and had 4 viewings and 1 offer below asking price and value. We leave on the 20th May so we hope to sell before then. If not we may consider renting it out untill the market picks up. All our fingers are crossed for a sale.
p.s we haven't heard from our EA in 2 weeks to even update us or anything. They promise the world till they get you on board!!!!!!!!!!!:curse:

annkc
hi annkc, get on the phone... get the EA buy the proverbials and make him work for his or her money... i go in to mine every week and make myself a right pain in the arse... sure they cant wait to get rid of me .. but thats the plan... we have had 2 viewings a week... no buyers but at least they are getting through the door...good luck to you..chatty
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

I am actually going to go in today to read the riot act at them, its better that i go rather than my OH as he would be evicted from the premisses. I will be reconsidering there payment of fees as they havent done anything for there money, well apart from 5 phone calls total & a schedual.
good luck to everyone trying to sell anyway!!

annkc
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by annkc
I am actually going to go in today to read the riot act at them, its better that i go rather than my OH as he would be evicted from the premisses. I will be reconsidering there payment of fees as they havent done anything for there money, well apart from 5 phone calls total & a schedual.
good luck to everyone trying to sell anyway!!

annkc
keep us posted on what happens... good luck!!!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

I might get flamed here. But gotta say it. The value of a house in a free market economy has no relationship to what you think it is worth or what you would like it to sell for. It is purley what someone is willing to pay for it. This is from someone who lives in a area that has been very badly effected by the recent events. Six months ago houses on my avenue were selling in two weeks for £140k. We have just signed contract for £105k. One of my neighbours has been holding out for the valuation of £135k but hasnt had a viewing for months and the agent reckons it will have to be repriced at £110 and she should accept first offer close to that as prices will continue to fall. I am not that surprised that the housing market is readjusting after it has been crazy for so long. We paid £42 only a few years ago so the increases were not sustainable
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:20 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

have to agree with you VS as much as I hate do.

People are trying it on all over our buyers did the same but they are in a great position as FTB's they offered us 18k under the reduced asking price we siad no way as we already had an offer from somoene waiting to sell their flat, however we could stillmarket as they hadnt sold.

Once they knew this they came in at 2k under the offer we had already accepted but they can move quick and can give us a quick sale fingers crossed.

If we had sold last year I think we could have got 20K more but we didnt and we have to cut our losses and move on.

We are fortunate in newcastle many properties are still being sold particularly in this area but I know I am so lucky but I am still a bag of nerves thinking they will pull out with all this talk of doom and gloom.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
Blimey just sat and read all this thread feeling totally disheartened now. Good luck to all trying to sell. We are putting ours up for sale next Wednesday not going to hold my breath though (you go a funny colour)

Joex
good luck joe... welcome to the club!!!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:51 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks How are you doing?

Jx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.