Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

who else is waiting to sell there house....

who else is waiting to sell there house....

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future
Default Re: who else is waiting to sell there house....

I have to agree - the way the market looks a low offer is beter than no offer, if you can afford to take it i would. Sorry if thats not what you were hoping for but good luck regardless of what you decide!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Joanne,

My my never spike a drink, I mean why waste a drink on certain people
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

MORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura about

THANKS EVERYONE WHO REPLIED TO OUR DILEMMA....................WE HAVE DECIDED TO ACCEPT THE OFFER. FINGERS CROSSED IT ALL GOES THROUGH NOW.....
Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:01 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck

joex
Old Apr 26th 2008, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

Here is the update on our house,
Put it up with EA 9weeks ago. In the 1st 2 weeks they told the 3 viewers we've had that we're emigrating, all of which were buy to let agents, therefore got offered way under the house value... then for the weeks since NOTHING - not any calls to update us NOTHING!!!!
I called them 2 wks ago to air my thoughts on there service or lack of it and we wanted it put on at a fixed price, this was done a week later. We found out that is was done as i bought the local paper and here it was advertised. On monday got a call to say no movement on my house TELL ME SUMMIT I DONT KNOW!!!:curse: i told them that as a last resort we were contemplating putting the house up for rental with a company that deals with this locally but would wait a wk or so just incase we get a sale. Today i get a letter stating as i'm putting it for renting they have removed us from there books and a bill enclosed to be paid within 7 days:curse::curse::curse: WHF are they playing at. My Oh is going down to see them this morning to see what they have to say for themselves........... I on the otherhand am going to see that other company that sells houses and does the rentals also. We leave in 3 weeks so fingers crossed!!!
Thats my rant over
annkc
Old Apr 26th 2008, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

We had another viewing yesterday, so keeping our fingers crossed he liked it and wants it, Its a very anxious time for house selling isnt it, Ive given up on the bottles of wine now and gone onto gaviscon cos Im so anxious might even have a double gaviscon tonight Good luck with all that are selling houses and double good luck to the ones that have had offers

Last edited by yanchep; Apr 26th 2008 at 9:13 am. Reason: mis-spelt word
Old Apr 26th 2008, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Well we had a viewer this morning - they came to scotland from sussex and viewed a few - they have sold so i a great position. Fingers crossed - i hate doing viewings as they gave no signs good or bad- but did move their car round corner and sit for a while looking out after the viewing - not sure if that is good or bad. Good luck to all with viewings this weekend. Angi
Old Apr 26th 2008, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Really fed up got a new EA coming Monday as the old one hadn't sent anyone round for ages then after I moan to them they start booking people in who 'cancel' at the last minute or don't turn up:curse: 4 in total. What are these EA playing at????:curse:
Old Apr 26th 2008, 3:48 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Hi all
just a little annoyed today, we had our EA around again on monday taking some new photo's from inside and outside the house, he commented on being glad that he had got it done onthe monday as they would be going into the local papers this week, well i have got the local papers and guess what , no pictures, not just from our house but the EA company isnt in the property sections, We have had the house up only for nearly 2 weeks, but we have no calls from the EA saying either sorry we havent had any interest yet or
there are a few prospective buyers we have on our books etc, the man from the EA who came on monday didnt even mention anything until i asked if anything was happening, his reply was," i am just taking the photo's i dont know your circumstances so cant comment", ok but why are we or the company not in the local rag as promised and why have we had no calls either good or bad, seems strange to me or is this the norm as i have never sold a property before, well i have but that was 16 years ago and that was a flat and we didnt go through EA to do this as it was a couple that were our friends , so it was all done privately,

is this the norm , and should i phone them on monday and ask what and why was it not in the paper as i was told by the photographer on monday.

as everyone we need to sell and fast as we going on a 457, so i was really hoping that it going into the local rag would maybe help a bit with buyers, now we have to wait another week at least before they come out again,

ahhhhh another week gone

kind regards
michell
Old Apr 26th 2008, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold

hi all

i love the way my estate agent keeps ringing every 2 weeks just to let me know there is no interest.....I KNOW:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:

debbie
Old Apr 26th 2008, 4:05 pm

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Originally Posted by debbieuk
hi all

i love the way my estate agent keeps ringing every 2 weeks just to let me know there is no interest.....I KNOW:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:

debbie
lol, i wish ours did, even a call saying "sorry no interest at the mo" would be better than nothing, as everyday i am worried about going out etc in case there is some interest.

i hate being in limbo

mabe i should ask the EA to ring us every 2 weeks to let us know ??

kind regards
michell
Old Apr 26th 2008, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by michell
Hi all
just a little annoyed today, we had our EA around again on monday taking some new photo's from inside and outside the house, he commented on being glad that he had got it done onthe monday as they would be going into the local papers this week, well i have got the local papers and guess what , no pictures, not just from our house but the EA company isnt in the property sections, We have had the house up only for nearly 2 weeks, but we have no calls from the EA saying either sorry we havent had any interest yet or
there are a few prospective buyers we have on our books etc, the man from the EA who came on monday didnt even mention anything until i asked if anything was happening, his reply was," i am just taking the photo's i dont know your circumstances so cant comment", ok but why are we or the company not in the local rag as promised and why have we had no calls either good or bad, seems strange to me or is this the norm as i have never sold a property before, well i have but that was 16 years ago and that was a flat and we didnt go through EA to do this as it was a couple that were our friends , so it was all done privately,

is this the norm , and should i phone them on monday and ask what and why was it not in the paper as i was told by the photographer on monday.

as everyone we need to sell and fast as we going on a 457, so i was really hoping that it going into the local rag would maybe help a bit with buyers, now we have to wait another week at least before they come out again,

ahhhhh another week gone

kind regards
michell
Have we got the same EA? haha I'm in Hornchurch where in Essex are you?
Old Apr 26th 2008, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Have we got the same EA? haha I'm in Hornchurch where in Essex are you?
i am in thundersley nr rayleigh, dont know if you can put names of EA up ? better not though, do you get the standard and yellow advertiser in your area

oh and the evening echo?

didnt manage to look in the evening echo this week but i havent had any of my friends or mums from school say they have seen it in

michell
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

I guess we are lucky that we have had 3 viewings in 3 weeks, but nobody is interested Cant complain about our EA though cos they have put it on rightmove internet website and in the paper, Mind you they did muck up on the first viewing, so went in next day and gave a good ol moan, it worked, theyve definately pulled their finger out now so if I was you I would go have a moan, its your future their playing with and you need to get on with it. Good Luck
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:00 am
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

We accepted an offer reluctantly 50 grand less than the original valuation.We just had a feeling about this couple that they were going to mess us around i dont know why bu we both had it.
Just the other day they phoned to say the time just wasnt right for them now ...they have too much on! They have too much on..we fly out in just over 2 weeks!!!
One of their conditions of sale was that we took the house off the market too which we did. So now we have to put it back on etc.
Note to self...always listen to gut instinct!!
Good luck to you all in the same boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.