Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who on earth could do this? (Not for children)

Who on earth could do this? (Not for children)

Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:17 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Who on earth could do this? (Not for children)

I saw this on the news tonight and it had me in tears.

Some 'young men' started boxing with this kangaroo, winding it up and provoking it to fight and punched it unconcious - RSPCA reckon it is probably dead.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...6-2761,00.html

What kind of sick bastard does this? I wonder if his parents knew would they stick up for him, make excuses or treat him like the scum that he is and grass him up to the police?

When I worked as a vet nurse, we were taught about studies linking animal abuse to child abuse and how it was discovered that people like this cruel tosser that can do this to an animal, could go on to do it to a child. One RSPCA inspector I knew at our vet said often in cases of animal cruelty, they would send in social workers to check out the kids - the circle of violence spreads.

It is a shame the roo didnt get the better of him and smacked/kicked him unconcious and the tosser that filmed him deserves the same.

No excuse at all for this, I truly do not believe it is normal behaviour.

Why on earth would someone do that?

Last edited by Cheetah7; Sep 11th 2008 at 1:20 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:20 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who on earth could do this?

There are some despicable people about

I'd like to see someone punch him until he has to eat through a straw
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

That is absolutely disgusting. Wish I could punch the little b****** senseless myself:curse:
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

steveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

Some 'young men' started boxing with this kangaroo, winding it up and provoking it to fight and punched it unconcious - RSPCA reckon it is probably dead.

What kind of sick bastard does this? I wonder if his parents knew would they stick up for him, make excuses or treat him like the scum that he is and grass him up to the police?

When I worked as a vet nurse, we were taught about studies linking animal abuse to child abuse and how it was discovered that people like this cruel tosser that can do this to an animal, could go on to do it to a child. One RSPCA inspector I knew at our vet said often in cases of animal cruelty, they would send in social workers to check out the kids - the circle of violence spreads.

It is a shame the roo didnt get the better of him and smacked/kicked him unconcious and the tosser that filmed him deserves the same.

So sad, :curse:
Wish the kangaroo had given him a bigger beating back!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:29 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
There are some despicable people about

I'd like to see someone punch him until he has to eat through a straw
I personally would pay money to have seen the roo smash the crap out of the guy and leave him paralysed.

If any friend/relative of mine did that, I would grass their arse to the police. Someone must recongnise him, someone must know him - a relative or something, grass him up.

My vet nursing journal came this week from the UK and they were talking about animal cruelty and how someone had kicked their little cat to death for having muddy paws.

Surely people that can do that must have some kind of psychotic disorder.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

People such as this should be switched off permanently.Im available if the job should be available.What a sick generation weve spawned.God help us when these ar+e holes start running the show.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by chris1386
People such as this should be switched off permanently.Im available if the job should be available.What a sick generation weve spawned.God help us when these ar+e holes start running the show.
It really upset me and it wouldnt bother me if the culprits were attacked and killed by a stronger roo - perhaps the next one they try and provoke.

Lets hope nature punishes them in the nastiest way possible, hell I wouldnt want to know a person that could do that.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Rastis will become famous soon enough

I saw this on the news as well, I'm thinking that the roo was already badly injured, they must have hit it with their car or shot it or something, before they did what we saw on the tv, a healthy roo would have ripped the little sh*ts guts out with its hind legs, (they aren't as friendly as people think) or hopped away.

What bugs me is the penalty for crimes like this, a fine or maybe up to 5 years jail! You can bet if they catch the little worm it won't be a jail sentence.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Rastis
I saw this on the news as well, I'm thinking that the roo was already badly injured, they must have hit it with their car or shot it or something, before they did what we saw on the tv, a healthy roo would have ripped the little sh*ts guts out with its hind legs, (they aren't as friendly as people think) or hopped away.

What bugs me is the penalty for crimes like this, a fine or maybe up to 5 years jail! You can bet if they catch the little worm it won't be a jail sentence.
You know we had this little boy of about 6 in our waiting room at the vets, he was pulling his golden retrievers ears and making him cry, he climbed on his back and made the dogs hind legs give way and finished off by pulling the dogs skin making him cry.

'Can you control your kid please?' I let rip at the mother and I mean I really let rip at her.

She was mortified that I had told her to control her brat. Now what makes me feel sick is that if that dog bites her kid then the dog gets put to sleep.

'Oh he is such a good dog, he lets my son do anything' was her attitude.

Well I am afraid that a good mother/father does not allow their child to pull an animal around in the first place.

My neice pulled Gordon around and I caught her picking him up by his skin - my neice was 3 at the time.

I calmly took Gordon off her and put him in the bedroom and told her she shouldnt do that. Her mother - my SIL, replied 'Oh but he is the perfect toy and keeps her happy'. Buy your kid a barbie doll, buy it a train set but dont let an animal be pulled around because you cant be bothered to play with your own kid. - That is what I wanted to say, It was with some relief that the girl was crying because she couldnt get to Gordon.

Gordon really does not like young children(toddlers/rough kids) now and if anyone comes round with one, they dont even get the chance to see him because I shut him away.

If kids are not taught to respect animals from day one then things can only get worse.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

'Oh he is such a good dog, he lets my son do anything' was her attitude.
Parents like that don't realise how much damage just one bite from a dog can do.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Rastis
Parents like that don't realise how much damage just one bite from a dog can do.
I just cannot comprehend how a parent can think it is acceptable for their child to hurt an animal, and lets face it they must know it will hurt when the animal yelps.

We all have ears, pull them hard and its painful.

Kids need to be taught from the word go, and parents that don't, are gambling the safety of their child, their dog and not to mention teaching their child that it is OK to do that.

My god as you say, dog bites can be horrific and cat bites even more so. I have been bitten by our feline patients a few times and ended up in the hospital having the wound monitored.

I guess children need their parents to protect and guide them for the sake of the child and the pet they have allowed into their home.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

I guess children need their parents to protect and guide them for the sake of the child and the pet they have allowed into their home.
Spot on there...

Oh yeah and good on ya for sticking up for the dog! Shame you couldn't have gone over and pulled the little brats ears and seen how he liked it!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

I take it that's the news clip about it.
I'm sorry i cant watch it, it would upset me too much.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

that is awful

and in our local paper this week - some idiot set fire to a hedgehog - how heartless and cruel are some people
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

"If kids are not taught to respect animals from day one then things can only get worse."

And if you need proof of this, read about the early (and of course later) life of Ian Brady...................

The RSPCA in the UK has had some success with changes to the law to help protect the rights of animals here, tougher sentencing etc, wonder if theres a similar movement forwards in Australia?

Good on ya, PP, for sticking up for the dog in your surgery.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.