Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who do you have your Home Loan with?

Who do you have your Home Loan with?

Old Jul 26th 2008, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who do you have your Home Loan with?

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
Ah I hadn't thought of Suncorp - we've got our home insurance with them too. I'll check them out thanks
Mrs J. Beware Suncorp insurance. After the floods in Mackay, many ppl were extremely pissed off with them. I think it was being slow with payments, haggling etc. We took mortgage with ANZ and pay weekly (was monthly). Dont think they're any better or worse than most of them but I strongly advise cover in case of illness (costly personal experience). They also arranged our insurance with CGU who I have to say have been great and had absolutely no hassles. A lot of ppl I know have now changed insurance from suncorp due to their handling of the floods in Mackay.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 2:53 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

We have our home loan with Suncorp too

I have an offset account for our savings linked to it to reduced the interest
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:01 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

We've just gone into our first mortgage and we're with ANZ on a variable 8.92%

We're moving to Clarkson next Tuesday ~ does happy dance!!!! I am so excited!!!!
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:02 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
We've just gone into our first mortgage and we're with ANZ on a variable 8.92%

We're moving to Clarkson next Tuesday ~ does happy dance!!!! I am so excited!!!!
The funniest thing, I was thinking of you a few weeks ago but couldn't remember your username. How very odd.

congrats on your new home.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:15 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tigeresswhite
We did go for BankWest and yes the rates are only held for 2 years but they are also free of a lot of the get out fees and give you a lot more scope than a lot of the others. With there being no fee for getting out after 2 years you could still get a better deal in 2 years time.

Nicky
Yes this is what I was thinking too. I'm generally looking around for new deals all the time anyway so I'd doubt very much if I'd want to stick with the mortgage for more than 2 years anyway.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:16 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
The funniest thing, I was thinking of you a few weeks ago but couldn't remember your username. How very odd.

congrats on your new home.

Awww thanks

I just go so immersed in life here, that it wasn't till I was digging out the UK passport as I was filling out the forms for renewal, that I realised I had not been on here in ages.

How r things with you?
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:24 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
Awww thanks

I just go so immersed in life here, that it wasn't till I was digging out the UK passport as I was filling out the forms for renewal, that I realised I had not been on here in ages.

How r things with you?
same old same old....... can't seem to drag myself away from this bloody site. I do spend less time than I did though. It is like any addiction, one day at a time

Glad to hear you are good, wish you luck with the house move.