Whitetail bites

Old Oct 29th 2006, 1:59 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whitetail bites

On the grounds that it wasn't Carl.....
Go to the chemist and get some paraderm (sp) cream. It works wonders on OH's mossie bites. It should get rid of the redness and some of the stinging. Need to apply it every couple of hours to start with.

Originally Posted by CasG
A spider has fallen for me ?? ......bloody bastard
Old Oct 29th 2006, 1:03 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sass73
On the grounds that it wasn't Carl.....
Go to the chemist and get some paraderm (sp) cream. It works wonders on OH's mossie bites. It should get rid of the redness and some of the stinging. Need to apply it every couple of hours to start with.
It might help....it doesn't sting as much as be painful...but there is a lot of heat there which it might help with....cheers mate.

wondered why I wasn't feeling too good yesterday...but the symptoms are slow to occur.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

It might help....it doesn't sting as much as be painful...but there is a lot of heat there which it might help with....cheers mate.

wondered why I wasn't feeling too good yesterday...but the symptoms are slow to occur.
I got bitten on Wednesday night in bed by something and about a day later I got this huge blister on my ankle and lots of swelling, I went to the doctor on Friday and she checked my groin to make sure that there was no swelling there and sure enough there wasn't, she said to let the blister pop naturally and then cover it with a clean dressing after it pops, but if I get any pain to come back for Antibiotics, she also confirmed it was definately a spider bite.

It is definately feeling better as I have get my leg elevated at night and but a cool pack on the swelling so I am just left with this horrible looking blister which just does not want to burst.
'
Mrs Manx
Old Oct 29th 2006, 1:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by manxfamily
I got bitten on Wednesday night in bed by something and about a day later I got this huge blister on my ankle and lots of swelling, I went to the doctor on Friday and she checked my groin to make sure that there was no swelling there and sure enough there wasn't, she said to let the blister pop naturally and then cover it with a clean dressing after it pops, but if I get any pain to come back for Antibiotics, she also confirmed it was definately a spider bite.

It is definately feeling better as I have get my leg elevated at night and but a cool pack on the swelling so I am just left with this horrible looking blister which just does not want to burst.
'
Mrs Manx
That sounds like I've had...twice a Whitetail...have had a headache too...another symptom apparently.....no blister yet....but have a bloodblister where I was bitten.
Glad your feeling better now
Old Oct 29th 2006, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds like I've had...twice a Whitetail...have had a headache too...another symptom apparently.....no blister yet....but have a bloodblister where I was bitten.
The only sensation I think I felt was dizziness, I've always got a headache, called the kids!!!!
Old Oct 29th 2006, 8:59 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wol
Results of one study into confirmed Wtail bites:

* A quarter of the bites were to the hands and feet.
* Almost half the bites were on the arm or leg.
* 27 per cent of the people were bitten on the trunk.
* 6 per cent of the people were bitten on the head or face.
* Pain or discomfort was felt by all bite victims.
* Pain was severe (worse than a bee sting) in 27 per cent of bite victims.
* The bites also caused redness and itchiness.
* Most people suffered symptoms for up to 24 hours.
* Almost half the people in the study had a persistent painful or irritating red lesion.

The bites to the 130 people in the study were not characterised by necrotic ulcers or confirmed infections.

'We hope this study will begin to dispel some of the myths surrounding white-tail spiders and their bite,' Dr Isbister said.
Yes, only a tiny percentage of those bites cause skin death due to a bacterium the spider may carry. It's very, very rare. I have a white tail bite on my foot from the other night... white blister, painful, now starting to itch. It'll be fine. Hope yours is better soon Cas.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Paracetamol and anti-histamine may help.

Look after yourself Cas!
Old Oct 29th 2006, 9:39 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Paracetamol and anti-histamine may help.

Look after yourself Cas!
Typically, nurses make the worst patients. Paracetamol and anti-histamine have been used already and have some relief for it but antibiotics is the answer. I've told her to go to the doc's tomorrow about 50 times today, but I still don't know whether she'll go
Old Oct 29th 2006, 11:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iPom
Yes, only a tiny percentage of those bites cause skin death due to a bacterium the spider may carry. It's very, very rare. I have a white tail bite on my foot from the other night... white blister, painful, now starting to itch. It'll be fine. Hope yours is better soon Cas.
How come my leg is really swollen, and it's very painful to stand ?
Old Oct 29th 2006, 11:04 am
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point

How long do the effects last for ?

I heard they can last a long time....someone mentioned months

Was bitten by one late last summer, and I was bitten by something last night on my leg, and it bloody hurts, and my leg is swollen

Tell Carl to be more gentle with you
Old Oct 29th 2006, 11:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mashy
Tell Carl to be more gentle with you
He's knows better...he'd get squished
Old Oct 29th 2006, 11:07 am
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point

He's knows better...he'd get squished

:scared: I bet you wouldn`t really
Old Oct 29th 2006, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Typically, nurses make the worst patients. Paracetamol and anti-histamine have been used already and have some relief for it but antibiotics is the answer. I've told her to go to the doc's tomorrow about 50 times today, but I still don't know whether she'll go
Correct. Naughty nurses!
Old Oct 29th 2006, 11:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Correct. Naughty nurses!
I'm a good nurse !!

Just naughty in the rest of my life
Old Oct 29th 2006, 11:26 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

I'm a good nurse !!

Just naughty in the rest of my life

Hi Cas
I believe that when you have been bitten with a whitetail you will but not always get the same symptoms on the anniversary of the 1st bite.... Dunno how true this is but might be worth looking up i spose, hope you get better soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.