Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Old Jan 20th 2009, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Originally Posted by pamjames
Congratulations, Fly, what fantastic news, now you can get on with your new life in Oz at last!!

Popsicals, you are really lucky to have someone interested to view your house via an internet website so quickly (which one did you put it with?). I put our house on 3 different private websites way back in November 2007 and have never had one sniff!! It has now been with the agent since April 2008.

I can offer a little advice on showing potenial buyers around and I am sure others can add to it; obviously, it should be clean, neat and tidy, with each room let the viewers go in first (as it makes it appear larger), if you are showing early evening put the lights on in all the rooms to make it homely before they arrive, a vase of flowers is a nice touch, ensure it is warm. Don't show that you are desperate to sell (on the other hand don't be too laid back!!). I would imagine they would want to go away and think about it before they commit, and if they make an offer there and then, you will need time to think about it. I wish you luck and I will keep my fingers crossed. Let us know how you get on.

For all the other peeps waiting for that buyer, hang on in there, it will happen. We have had 4 viewers in the last 3 weeks, one of which wants our house but have not sold theirs and another who is coming back for a second viewing this evening (I'm not holding my breath as it has happened a few times now). There seems to be more people looking now, lets hope it continues.

Pam
Hi Pam

Well, I have just sat down after gutting the house. Bless my poor father who has all sorts of kids toys in the back of his works van!!!! My son was chasing the things out of the house in a bit of a flap!!! I'v told him it will all be back by the time he gets home from school tomorrow - poor child!!! On top of removing his toys I have had every window in the house open 'airing' the place and it is freezing . I think I will have to buy him some match attack cards tomorrow to make up for the trauma!

Thanks for your advice - flowers are in place, plug ins are switched on. So, I will let you know how it goes, fingers crossed for us and all you fellow whingers xxx

Pops xxx
Old Jan 21st 2009, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough

Well, they liked the house and subject to surveyor - will pay asking price . They stayed for 1.5 hours and do seem very interested. Its good news, but we are just trying to think of it as someone having a survey on the house and we'll go from there. They also want to buy our furniture and have asked us to ring them with a list of what we are willing to sell and a price? Our solicitor is now contacting theirs and that is it. Reading all the experiences on here and with people we know shows us blind excitement would not be great right now, although we did laugh and giggle like a pair of teenagers when they left. . So feeling a kind of controlled happy, but worried - as my hubby says - I am not happy unless I am worrying, but I think under the circumstance it is better to approach these things cautiously. The house is still up as 'for sale' and on the market, but we really liked the peeps today so we would love them to have it - heres hoping.

I wish everyone lots of luck - as I'v said before - beginning of the year will hopefully bring lots of engagements and xmas/new year babies and peeps needing to start thinking about getting on the housing ladder or getting a bigger home - also Feb 14th - loads of peeps get engaged and may start house hunting... That's my hope anyway
Pops xxx
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

wow that sounds so positive... and they will give asking price AND want the furniture....Bonus! Good luck to you
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Popsicals
Well, they liked the house and subject to surveyor - will pay asking price . They stayed for 1.5 hours and do seem very interested. Its good news, but we are just trying to think of it as someone having a survey on the house and we'll go from there. They also want to buy our furniture and have asked us to ring them with a list of what we are willing to sell and a price? Our solicitor is now contacting theirs and that is it. Reading all the experiences on here and with people we know shows us blind excitement would not be great right now, although we did laugh and giggle like a pair of teenagers when they left. . So feeling a kind of controlled happy, but worried - as my hubby says - I am not happy unless I am worrying, but I think under the circumstance it is better to approach these things cautiously. The house is still up as 'for sale' and on the market, but we really liked the peeps today so we would love them to have it - heres hoping.

I wish everyone lots of luck - as I'v said before - beginning of the year will hopefully bring lots of engagements and xmas/new year babies and peeps needing to start thinking about getting on the housing ladder or getting a bigger home - also Feb 14th - loads of peeps get engaged and may start house hunting... That's my hope anyway
Pops xxx
Wow congrats, fingers crossed it goes through smoothly
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

wow! Let's hope this is the genuine thing- many congrats and hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Need a fingers crossed icon here....
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 3:52 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

EA contacted us yesterday to see if we would accept an offer £10,000 below our asking price?
Thing is the people who have put the offer in havent even sold their house yet but they are gonna reduce theirs by £10,000 so wanted to know if we would do the same
We have already reduced by £25,000 & although we would accept another £10,000 less we dont wanna tell the EA or protential buyers that. What do we do?????
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

Originally Posted by tawkins1
EA contacted us yesterday to see if we would accept an offer £10,000 below our asking price?
Thing is the people who have put the offer in havent even sold their house yet but they are gonna reduce theirs by £10,000 so wanted to know if we would do the same
We have already reduced by £25,000 & although we would accept another £10,000 less we dont wanna tell the EA or protential buyers that. What do we do?????
drop it............houses are gonna tank alot more in the near future anyways,dropped ours 30k now and still no viewers,however,we have plenty of equity in ours so i aint bothered that much.
suppose its how desperate you are to get out of this hell hole of a country !!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

If they haven't sold their house yet you could be waiting for ages - I wouldn't drop the price just yet. You might get some more buyers. Tell them that if they get a buyer for theirs (and you can see the proof) then you will consider it for them, but otherwise it stays on the market as is.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
If they haven't sold their house yet you could be waiting for ages - I wouldn't drop the price just yet. You might get some more buyers. Tell them that if they get a buyer for theirs (and you can see the proof) then you will consider it for them, but otherwise it stays on the market as is.
Excellent idea!
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:36 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone Will keep it as it is for now & if a buyer comes along (haha & pigs might fly!) we'll consider an offer of £10k lower
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Hows things going with everyone still trying to sell? we have 2 viewings booked for tomorrow afternoon We had none last month so perhaps the agents were right and things might be starting to pick up a little....
We're keeping our fingers & toes crossed! Going to blitz the place tomorrow morning!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by travelbug
Hows things going with everyone still trying to sell? we have 2 viewings booked for tomorrow afternoon We had none last month so perhaps the agents were right and things might be starting to pick up a little....
We're keeping our fingers & toes crossed! Going to blitz the place tomorrow morning!
Good Luck and get cleaning . Let us know how it goes. Pops xxx
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Popsicals
Good Luck and get cleaning . Let us know how it goes. Pops xxx
thanks for that
hows things going with your house sale? Have the couple made arrangements to have their survey done yet?
Old Feb 4th 2009, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by travelbug
thanks for that
hows things going with your house sale? Have the couple made arrangements to have their survey done yet?
No - they were on the phone to us yesterday saying the solicitor is getting onto their case now and apologising for delay! I have been told to expect up to 4 weeks max (b4 worrying) for a survey (from time of offer) from a friend who has a fair few properties - then apparently as they are cash buyers it will be quick???? I have no idea, but as I only had meds done last week and PCC's sent last weekend I havn't chased them as I need visa first (we have a case officer so hopefully that won't be too long???)!!! I guess it has only been a week since they recieved letter from my solicitor. I will believe it when/if it happens . Enough has happened around me and on here for me to know that building my hopes up would be silly . I will be able to reduce my stress levels when/if a surveyor booked!!!

I wish you lots of luck tomorrow and hope someone comes in and falls in love with your house.

Pops xxx
Old Feb 4th 2009, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

blackbag is on a distinguished road

we had a viewing last week and the lady like the house but didn't make an offer as her sofa's would fit in the lounge.

we have another viewing tomorrow, so fingers crossed that they have smaller sofa's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.