Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Old Nov 5th 2009, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Well, we came with the intention of coming for keeps so that made it easy to settle.

Been here four weeks now and managed to:

Get Centrelink sorted
Driving licences
Rental
Elder two kids in school
younger two in pre kindy for two days
OH enrolled on nursing course
Bought a car
Get Tax File numbers
Get Medicare
Get Applied for two jobs, one looking promising
Found out why 'rashies' are so called (thick or what!)
Been to Victor Harbor and Galwer
Not sorted ambo cover yet!

Wish I could say this was down to me, but when Mrs C is on a mission, things get done.

Not warm enough for me, I was prepared for warm weather and had kept wearing a jumper and coat - even the Aussies thought I was mad.

Must meet up sometime, are you up north?

Cooler
LOl not done much then?? I think this week will be the start of the good weather. We had a lovely April/May then it was just dampish for months.. very selfish of me to moan, I know, when they really needed the rain. Ambo cover is easy - just go to a post office with ID and fill a form in. Costs about $130 for the whole family Did you see the whales at Victor? They were there up until a few weeks ago. I love it down there. Would love to live there, but maybe it's more sensible to stay up here until our daughter leaves home as there isn't much for kids down there.

We're in the centre - not far from anywhere! where are you? down south? A meet up would be good.

Good luck with the jobs. We are looking at starting a business up but have had a few false starts abd are quite enjoying a long holiday. Been over to Perth for a week and have driven the GOR. Hoping to go to NSW after Crimbo..

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Ah, that makes sense!

Good thanks, you? It's warming up here in Brisbane. Early 30's the past couple of days

Can't believe how much you and Mrs C have got done in a few weeks, I only got my Aussie licence a month or so ago

You still heading up this way Xmas time?
Hiya Louise, how are you? Are you still working or on maternity leave? When is the baby due? must be soonish?

It was 38 here last weekend but cooled down to 18 in 2 hours!! It's been heating up ever since - thankfully!
Old Nov 5th 2009, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
You beat me to it, I'm jealous

How's it going with you? Are you enjoying Adelaide? Personally I'm hoping for some more sunshine as the winter was very wet!

hi nic - off subject but have just emailed friend you suggested. get her to give me a call. (number in the email) Hope all ok with your tribe xxx
Old Nov 5th 2009, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
hi nic - off subject but have just emailed friend you suggested. get her to give me a call. (number in the email) Hope all ok with your tribe xxx
Hi ! Just got your text - phone was off all day - we don't know anyone in Oz to phone us. Will let her know, thanks, you are a star.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 11:46 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, that makes sense!

Good thanks, you? It's warming up here in Brisbane. Early 30's the past couple of days

Can't believe how much you and Mrs C have got done in a few weeks, I only got my Aussie licence a month or so ago

You still heading up this way Xmas time?
Yes, we're over for three weeks I think. I booked the tickets so I really should know but I think we are coming coming on the 20th Dec and returning on the 8th Jan.

Let's meet up if your around. We'll be staying in Jamboree Heights with friends.

Cooler
Old Nov 5th 2009, 11:51 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, we're over for three weeks I think. I booked the tickets so I really should know but I think we are coming coming on the 20th Dec and returning on the 8th Jan.

Let's meet up if your around. We'll be staying in Jamboree Heights with friends.

Cooler
You will be no more than metres away. Weird eh?
Old Nov 5th 2009, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Louise, how are you? Are you still working or on maternity leave? When is the baby due? must be soonish?

It was 38 here last weekend but cooled down to 18 in 2 hours!! It's been heating up ever since - thankfully!
38? I'm getting scared about days like that and am very greatful that I've got just 4 weeks left of pregnancy I'd die if I was heavily pregnant all over the summer...

Still working at the minute, but going to try and finish within the next two weeks, still working from home which is nice not to have to commute but no aircon in my office means it's a tad warm during the day! Things going well in Adelaide? What day is your inspection it's soon isn't it? I cleaned like mad for the first one we had, then just tidyed for the second Ours have been fine.

Cooler
I can't believe you've only been here for a few weeks and you're tripping off round the different states, we haven't been that adventurous at all yet! Hope you like Brisbane, we love it.

A meet up would be good but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to guarantee anything, new baby might make us very busy! But if by some miracle we receive a little bundle who loves to sleep and is very serene () then I'm sure we could sort something out!
Old Nov 6th 2009, 12:47 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

38? I'm getting scared about days like that and am very greatful that I've got just 4 weeks left of pregnancy I'd die if I was heavily pregnant all over the summer...

Still working at the minute, but going to try and finish within the next two weeks, still working from home which is nice not to have to commute but no aircon in my office means it's a tad warm during the day! Things going well in Adelaide? What day is your inspection it's soon isn't it? I cleaned like mad for the first one we had, then just tidyed for the second Ours have been fine.

I can't believe you've only been here for a few weeks and you're tripping off round the different states, we haven't been that adventurous at all yet! Hope you like Brisbane, we love it.

A meet up would be good but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to guarantee anything, new baby might make us very busy! But if by some miracle we receive a little bundle who loves to sleep and is very serene () then I'm sure we could sort something out!
No worries, just look after yourself. Our three year old and the toddler are taking turns at waking us up at the moment. Three year old is sleep walking and keeps trying to get into his WIR!

We promised our friends that we'd spend our first Christmas with them so we booked Virgin Blue pass as we came to SA via Melbourne - worked out cheap, I think.

Cooler
Old Nov 6th 2009, 12:49 am
Capt Hilts

Originally Posted by kporte
You will be no more than metres away. Weird eh?
Yes, some of the people who emigrated over the year seem closer now than when we we're all in the UK

How's the house market in the UK now anyone?

Cooler
Old Nov 6th 2009, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Three year old is sleep walking and keeps trying to get into his WIR!

Cooler
Watched Narnia too many times perhaps?
Old Nov 6th 2009, 3:00 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, just thouught I would join back in here!

We've been here two months and are really enjoying it.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

4 weeks YAY!!! We were here a few years back and it was 45 degrees. I can't say it feels warmer than 35 - because anything over that is just blinkin hot LOL I wouldn't want to be pregnant in it either. Fingers crossed for an on time arrival.

Inspection is today - sitting here in my clean house not daring to breathe and waiting for them...

But if by some miracle we receive a little bundle who loves to sleep and is very serene () then I'm sure we could sort something out!
LOL fingers crossed for that too!

No worries, just look after yourself. Our three year old and the toddler are taking turns at waking us up at the moment. Three year old is sleep walking and keeps trying to get into his WIR!

We promised our friends that we'd spend our first Christmas with them so we booked Virgin Blue pass as we came to SA via Melbourne - worked out cheap, I think.

Cooler
Make the most of the opportunity to travel. Once you are working it is much harder to do.

Watched Narnia too many times perhaps?
Bless him

Originally Posted by Off2Oz

We've been here two months and are really enjoying it.::
HIYA!! You have been hiding from us for 2 months! Spanks for you!
Old Nov 6th 2009, 5:18 am
Capt Hilts

Excellent

Cooler
Old Nov 6th 2009, 5:52 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

HIYA!! You have been hiding from us for 2 months! Spanks for you!
Had sooo much trouble wih my computer

Excellent

Cooler
Yep, now the better weather's here it's even better!
Old Nov 7th 2009, 2:33 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

We have been here just over 2 weeks. Just moved into a rental for 12 months in Ellenbrook OH starts work Monday & the 2 youngest start school on Tues, eldest daughter got her interview for high school Monday.... Just gotta find something for me to do now
In 2 weeks we've got a rental, bought a car (my 1st ever brand new one). Driving licences done, tfn recieved, medicare sorted, Oh got a job & kids start school next week! Phew, think i better havea lie down.......

Absolutely loving it Where in Perth are you Off2oz?
Old Nov 7th 2009, 8:40 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tawkins1
We have been here just over 2 weeks. Just moved into a rental for 12 months in Ellenbrook OH starts work Monday & the 2 youngest start school on Tues, eldest daughter got her interview for high school Monday.... Just gotta find something for me to do now
In 2 weeks we've got a rental, bought a car (my 1st ever brand new one). Driving licences done, tfn recieved, medicare sorted, Oh got a job & kids start school next week! Phew, think i better havea lie down.......

Absolutely loving it Where in Perth are you Off2oz?
You must all be exhausted. It's amazing that you've achieved so much in such a short time. You have much to be proud of

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.