Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Old May 3rd 2009, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Everything crossed for you both - as always.:

It's gutting to reduce the price so much with a poor exchange rate too... I know we reduced by about 25% to get a sale and it was awful. However I can tell you it WAS worth it.

(It's like old times on here - OfftoOz, Corgi and Tina!!)
Hi Fly Away

Nice to hear from you.

Yes I am still in Uk. I bet they may be some more from the old times. If your out there say hi and tell us how your getting on.

How you doing Fly Away?

As things are not so good in Oz now with work situation, need all the money we can get to survive when we finally get to Oz. ( same as lots more on this site)

So it makes reducing our house a lot more harder.

But thanks to this web its people like you who do help us when we are feeling down.

So good to hear from you.

Hope your well and life is treating you kind.

Julie x
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Better tell Scott we are back
Hi hows things going for you now?

I will get to Oz one day, Hope its before I collect my pension.

Take care
Julie
Old May 3rd 2009, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Been here 8 months now and get the keys to our first house on thursday....really looking forward to having a place of our own.
Old May 4th 2009, 10:18 am
Just Joined

Annabel Candy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Been here 8 months now and get the keys to our first house on thursday....really looking forward to having a place of our own.
In the UK, they're putting whinging poms who can't sell their house on the telly in a bid to help get rid of them and move them on to Australia asap Check this:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/headlines/R...ove.5188385.jp

I thought it was interesting...
Old May 4th 2009, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by corgi
Hi Fly Away

Nice to hear from you.

Yes I am still in Uk. I bet they may be some more from the old times. If your out there say hi and tell us how your getting on.

How you doing Fly Away?

As things are not so good in Oz now with work situation, need all the money we can get to survive when we finally get to Oz. ( same as lots more on this site)

So it makes reducing our house a lot more harder.

But thanks to this web its people like you who do help us when we are feeling down.

So good to hear from you.

Hope your well and life is treating you kind.

Julie x
Hiya Julie. Doing really well thanks. Been here in Adelaide for 5 weeks and having a ball. Still got 2 properties which we are letting out in the UK, sitting out the slump before we sell them now... I can honestly say that the 18 months we were on the market was the worst time of my life and I sympathise with everyone trying to sell. People who aren't trying to emigrate don't know what the pressure is like. Watching your money go down and down as the prices sink.

However, I can still say that it was worth all the heartache.

Congrats Caroline!! Hope you will be very happy in your new home.

Originally Posted by Annabel Candy
In the UK, they're putting whinging poms who can't sell their house on the telly in a bid to help get rid of them and move them on to Australia asap Check this:

I hope it works for them. I wonder if all visa holders on here should ring up the Tonight program and jam the switch board.
Old May 4th 2009, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fly -glad to hear you are still enjoying life in Adelaide. Have you paused for breath yet?????
Annabel Candy -thanks for the link to the article- I doubt if it will do them any good, but good luck to them. It might start a stampede.....
Old May 5th 2009, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

blackbag is on a distinguished road

we changed estate agents 10 days ago and now we have a new buyer \0/

the good news is that there is no chain
Old May 5th 2009, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

All the best for thursday.

Julie
Old May 5th 2009, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Annabel Candy

Yes it dose. Makes you realise that your not on your own in this house lark.
I will defo watch that .

Julie
Old May 5th 2009, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hiya Julie. Doing really well thanks. Been here in Adelaide for 5 weeks and having a ball. Still got 2 properties which we are letting out in the UK, sitting out the slump before we sell them now... I can honestly say that the 18 months we were on the market was the worst time of my life and I sympathise with everyone trying to sell. People who aren't trying to emigrate don't know what the pressure is like. Watching your money go down and down as the prices sink.

However, I can still say that it was worth all the heartache.

Congrats Caroline!! Hope you will be very happy in your new home.

I hope it works for them. I wonder if all visa holders on here should ring up the Tonight program and jam the switch board.

So glad your happy and setting in. What part of Adelaide are you in? Did you buy or are you renting?
Bet you have made lots of new freinds, they are lucky to have you.
Take care
Julie
Old May 5th 2009, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blackbag

Thats fab news blackbag. So pleased for you. A big Congratulations. I will keep everything crossed for you that it all runs smothly for you.
Julie
Old May 5th 2009, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by blackbag

that's great news Blackbag. Hope it all goes smoothly...
Old May 5th 2009, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Glad you have a buyer Blackbag.
Thanks for the good wishes for Tursday Corgi.
Just gotta get through the mri scan tomorrow and now also have DD home sick so have to leave her alone too. She's 13 so will be ok for a couple of hours, and a friend is calling to see she is ok. Just a virus, and she isn't throwing up, just not quite well enough for school.
Old May 6th 2009, 11:39 pm
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a thread with an interesting chart of the UK's property price decline which might be of interest to would-be sellers.

I suppose it's showing that if you do want to sell you probably should lower your prices NOW rather than chase the market down.

Hope this is of some assistance.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/for...ic=113491&st=0
Old May 6th 2009, 11:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's how we sold our house to the first viewer- had priced it very competitvely, similar price to the same houses in the next (cheaper) village. got 20k less for it than it than it had been valued at, but it sold immediately. Had we hung on it might not have gone for the price it did and we would have lost out all round.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.