Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Originally Posted by mOZzy
oh, so sorry to hear about this!! glad you are taking it step by step and looking ahead so wisely. couldn't they put in a ramp or something??
great news about the house - fingers crossed for the signing!!
I don't need a ramp atm, and there is always the option of a stairlift if I do. Might have to modify the taps, but the bathroom needs renovating so will do it as part of that.
Thanks for the sympathy folks- I feel a fraud, as I don't feel that ill, just tired and tingly. There's people out there who are much worse off than me.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

caroline your problems are AS important!! have you signed the contract yet?!

travelbug it's always nice to hear that someone actually likes your house - and you never know! they might be IT!!

we had 6 out of the 7 viewings and 3 found something 'better', 2 actually put an offer in but laughable really (25k under current asking price!!) - and 1 really liked it but has only just put his house up for sale

1 more to come tmrw ...
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

saville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nice

Hi Mozzy just like to let you know accepted offer on house, not what we wanted but Gordon Brown has a lot to answer to answer with lowering stamp duty, now we are in a dilemna as whether to stay or go as we have even less equity and our concern is OH won't get work as a sparky as recession is hitting OZ. We will now have less than 15k, just letting you know their is light round the corner and you will sell soon, Keep the Faith. Anyway best of luck.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Caroline blimy what a diagnosis to receive..thinking of you, best of wishes for all your plans

Pamjams Congratulations on your contract

Popscials I've been staying in in Swanbourne, nr Claremont, but am going to rent a room in Mindarie as from Friday. Its been great so far, keep reminding myself that the gorgeous sea will still be there tomorrow and the next day. Feels like a holiday until I tell myself that I live here. I'm sure its helped not working, (due to start on monday so its back to reality), also I knew the owner of the guest house I'm staying at. I've met some of the guys off here. Everyone has been so welcoming it really makes a difference. In fact its felt so good and happy so far, keep getting scared it won't last and I'll get lonely. Long may it last eh

Travelbug Good luck, hope you get positive news for the weekend.

Mozzy Good luck with the viewings
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

travelbug it's always nice to hear that someone actually likes your house - and you never know! they might be IT!!

we had 6 out of the 7 viewings and 3 found something 'better', 2 actually put an offer in but laughable really (25k under current asking price!!) - and 1 really liked it but has only just put his house up for sale

1 more to come tmrw ...

Good Luck for tomorrow's viewing - got everything crossed for you.

Shame about the silly offer - but we've had that ourselves so know how frustrating it is!!! Dont people realise how much prices have dropped in the last 12 months anyway?
You never know, the guy who liked your house might get a quick sale himself...so dont write that one off yet!

We're still waiting to hear about the 2nd viewing but i guess not time to worry unless we haven't heard by end of week!

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I don't need a ramp atm, and there is always the option of a stairlift if I do. Might have to modify the taps, but the bathroom needs renovating so will do it as part of that.
Thanks for the sympathy folks- I feel a fraud, as I don't feel that ill, just tired and tingly. There's people out there who are much worse off than me.
Hi Caroline, i know i dont know you - but you sound very positive about things which i think is a great attitude to have. I hope things go ok with you & that you continue to feel ok for a very long time to come.
It sounds like you will tackle things as & when the need arises which is a good way to live your life rather than let this dominate every day & every plan you make. (i say this as a person that has been surrounded by serious illnesses suffered by close loved ones for many years so i dont mean to be patronising in any way!). Good luck with all the house renovating!

Originally Posted by saville
Hi Mozzy just like to let you know accepted offer on house, not what we wanted but Gordon Brown has a lot to answer to answer with lowering stamp duty, now we are in a dilemna as whether to stay or go as we have even less equity and our concern is OH won't get work as a sparky as recession is hitting OZ. We will now have less than 15k, just letting you know their is light round the corner and you will sell soon, Keep the Faith. Anyway best of luck.
Hi Saville, good news about having sold your house, but sorry you didn't get what you wanted. I hope you come to a decision about your plans - and wish you all the best for your future plans.

Originally Posted by sunflower7
Caroline blimy what a diagnosis to receive..thinking of you, best of wishes for all your plans

Pamjams Congratulations on your contract

Popscials I've been staying in in Swanbourne, nr Claremont, but am going to rent a room in Mindarie as from Friday. Its been great so far, keep reminding myself that the gorgeous sea will still be there tomorrow and the next day. Feels like a holiday until I tell myself that I live here. I'm sure its helped not working, (due to start on monday so its back to reality), also I knew the owner of the guest house I'm staying at. I've met some of the guys off here. Everyone has been so welcoming it really makes a difference. In fact its felt so good and happy so far, keep getting scared it won't last and I'll get lonely. Long may it last eh

Travelbug Good luck, hope you get positive news for the weekend.

Mozzy Good luck with the viewings
Thanks Pamjames. Glad to hear you're doing well in your new life!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

caroline your problems are AS important!! have you signed the contract yet?!

1 more to come tmrw ...
Thanks Mozzy- yes contract was signed and has been handed in along with a large deposit. Completion date is 6th May- oops, that's when I'm due for my 2nd scan, so it will have to be changed, as I can't be in 2 places at once. The plan is to have a week's overlap between completion and leaving the rental so we can clean both places and repair bits and move plants etc in our own time before getting the removalists to take the furniture.
Good luck with last viewing and hope that you get better offers.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Keep positive, at least you have sold and are one step closer to Australia. There is usually demand for sparkies, as people tend to stay put and improve their homes rather than move. Hope you get out here soon.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

saville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nice

Thanks all! Think hubby might be a bit more positive though i can see where he's thinking, but because we will have to go into rented straight after moving here to give kids time to finish year at school we have noticed how expensive rent is compared to my mortgage and don't think we'll be to much better off here although hubby has good job we will just hope something will come along. So i was actually looking at 1 way flights last night, just hoping things don't get much worse over there.
Also 13 year old daughter is due to start her maths gcse course next year (1 year early) so want to get her settled as don't reaally want her to get into middle of course and then upset her with moving.
Eldest son due to start new college course, and my 10 year old son due to go up to secondary school so the more i think about it it is a good time for kids sakes. All the best everyone already out their and those waiting for house sale.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Agent just rang my OH - the viewer from tues has been in touch - still wants to arrange a 2nd viewing with his wife. He wanted to make an offer but the agent has told him to wait till his wife has seen the property! Personally i think he should have made the offer anyway - because if it's going to be really low we can then save them an unnecessary trip to Romford! But hopefully we'll know by the weekend when they're both going to come. Back to playing the waiting game!
Old Mar 26th 2009, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

good luck for second viewing, are you much above stamp duty threshold if not be prepared like we weren't.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

good luck for second viewing, are you much above stamp duty threshold if not be prepared like we weren't.
Hi - we are above the stamp duty threshold, but are expecting offers way under our asking price as we've had one of those already and i think due to current situation people are just offering way under just to see if it gets accepted. We've already dropped over £40,000 off of last years asking price, and recently had an offer for a further £15,000 less - but then the guy dropped the offer by a further £10,000 so we had to say no way... We need the offer as close to our current asking price as possible really - but what we want and what we might get i guess are two different things! If you dont mind me asking - how much under your asking price were you offered?
Old Mar 26th 2009, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Well guys just a qucik up date from me, after being on the market 16 months we accepted an offer on the house yesterday!!!!!!!!! FULL ASKING PRICE !!!!!!!!

Looks like the market is picking up as we have had 4 viewings in 2 weeks and 2 offers.

Hope this gives u all a little faith that it will happen. Just hope it goes through this time.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by suart
Well guys just a qucik up date from me, after being on the market 16 months we accepted an offer on the house yesterday!!!!!!!!! FULL ASKING PRICE !!!!!!!!

Looks like the market is picking up as we have had 4 viewings in 2 weeks and 2 offers.

Hope this gives u all a little faith that it will happen. Just hope it goes through this time.
That's great news Suart. Really pleased for you & full asking price - that's good! Hope it all goes through nice & quickly & smoothly for you!
Old Mar 26th 2009, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by travelbug
Hi - we are above the stamp duty threshold, but are expecting offers way under our asking price as we've had one of those already and i think due to current situation people are just offering way under just to see if it gets accepted. We've already dropped over £40,000 off of last years asking price, and recently had an offer for a further £15,000 less - but then the guy dropped the offer by a further £10,000 so we had to say no way... We need the offer as close to our current asking price as possible really - but what we want and what we might get i guess are two different things! If you dont mind me asking - how much under your asking price were you offered?
we are absolutly in the same boat!
we are on at 200k and we had 3 offers in the last 2 weeks all for 175k?!?!?!? - is that the threshold? - and we've dropped the price from start till now by 50k! - so what on earth do those people want

Originally Posted by suart

woheyyyyyyyyy emma!!! great news!!! wow - it DOES happen - and i thought it was only a fairy tale
good luck and get packing girl
Old Mar 26th 2009, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Originally Posted by travelbug
That's great news Suart. Really pleased for you & full asking price - that's good! Hope it all goes through nice & quickly & smoothly for you!
Read my other post GUTTED, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.