Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Originally Posted by sunflower7
Hey thanks caroline, location just changed! All good here so far. Got a car, TFN, medicare, and just found a room share in Mindarie. Start work in 2 weeks.

CONGRATULATIONS blackbag

Keeping fingers crossed for travelbug, and make a doll of the EA and stick pins in!
Hi Sunflower... thanks Good idea about the EA - now where's my daughter's Ken doll! LOL
Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

pamjames has a spectacular aura aboutpamjames has a spectacular aura aboutpamjames has a spectacular aura about

Well, how are you all doing? Anymore news anyone?

We have exchanged contracts today - Yippeee!! - I have booked the container and flights, and I can now steam ahead with all the other things on my list to do before we move out on the 8th April. We are flying out on the 13th and I am fluctuating between excitement and nervousness at the thought of it!!

I do hope someone else will have some good news soon.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pamjames

We have exchanged contracts today - Yippeee!! - I have booked the container and flights, and I can now steam ahead with all the other things on my list to do before we move out on the 8th April. We are flying out on the 13th and I am fluctuating between excitement and nervousness at the thought of it!!

That's great news about exchanging contracts today!
Even better news about the container and flights!

13th April - now that isn't far off is it No wonder you're fluctuating between excitement and nervousness!!!!

Really pleased for you - good luck for your new life in Oz!

We may have a viewer at the weekend - waiting for the agent to ring us back once he's spoken to the guy.

Cathy
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough

Pamjames - fantastic news about exchanging. I can't believe how soon you are leaving, I mean it's only weeks off!!! . Very excited for you xxx.

Travelbaug - you heard anything about your possible viewing yet? I hope Pamjames luck spreads across this thread and some more good news comes soon.

Sunflower - you may have already said, but where abouts in perth are you? How you finding everything so far??? Our hope is to move to Perth should the house ever sell, so would be interested to know how it's going and the good, bad and ugly xxx.

carolinephillips - hope you sort out the house problems soon and that those termites remain inactive!!!

Good Luck everyone with viewings this weekend coming

Pops x
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

House problems nearly sorted- pest inspector thinks termites are not a problem. just awaiting approval of the mortgage now. Have pre-approval already so can't see a problem there.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

excellent news!!!!!!!!! would you mind telling me your house selling timeline? from when they put their offer in to contracts?

wow, not long now for you

Originally Posted by travelbug

We may have a viewer at the weekend - waiting for the agent to ring us back once he's spoken to the guy.

Cathy
woheyyy, fingers crossed

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
House problems nearly sorted- pest inspector thinks termites are not a problem. just awaiting approval of the mortgage now. Have pre-approval already so can't see a problem there.

great news! now nothing will stop you

we had a viewing a week ago and apparently they really loved it and are in a good buying position BUT ... they are looking at what else is out there. haven't heard anything back yet ... but no NO either!

AND the phone rang and rang and rang ystd and our new ea got us 6 (!) viewings lined up!!!!!!
Old Mar 20th 2009, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Well done pamjames on the exchange, good luck with your new life in oz. Aril will be here before you know it. Enjoy your last few weeks
Old Mar 20th 2009, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Hi mozzy hows things hun, cannot believe you have six viewers lined up. Fingers crossed you get at least one decent offer.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

blackbag is on a distinguished road

our buyer had there servey carried out on monday, so hopeful we are getting close to exchange of contracts.

so all have to do it find a rental for a few months, which my wife is doing today, as we are not heading to Melbourne until September.

fingers cross for travelbug and everyone else.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Popsicals
Travelbug - you heard anything about your possible viewing yet? I hope Pamjames luck spreads across this thread and some more good news comes soon.

Good Luck everyone with viewings this weekend coming

Pops x
Thanks Pops - haven't heard back from the agent yet! He said he'd call back yesterday late afternoon and didn't! Yet another example of this guy's unreliability! The OH is going to ring him this morning. He knows we're free for viewings anytime this weekend so not like we're not available!

That's great news on your house...

Originally Posted by mOZzy

we had a viewing a week ago and apparently they really loved it and are in a good buying position BUT ... they are looking at what else is out there. haven't heard anything back yet ... but no NO either!

AND the phone rang and rang and rang ystd and our new ea got us 6 (!) viewings lined up!!!!!!
Hi Mozzy - that's great news about the viewings! I hope they all turn up and you get plenty of interest in the house!

Originally Posted by blackbag
our buyer had there servey carried out on monday, so hopeful we are getting close to exchange of contracts.

so all have to do it find a rental for a few months, which my wife is doing today, as we are not heading to Melbourne until September.

Hi Blackbag, i hope you exchange soon! Wishing you luck in finding a nice rental until you move later in the year.

have a great weekend everyone! House selling vibes being sent your way!
Old Mar 20th 2009, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mOZzy

6 viewings !!!!! - there has to be a good chance that at least one of them will like it - everything crossed for you

Pops x
Old Mar 21st 2009, 5:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Now got full mortgage approval and hope to sign contract on Tuesday. Only problem is I have just been diagnosed with MS and the house has 13 steps up to the front door. when you are in it is all flat tho. I can always get a stairlift. It is also not withing walking distance of school, so I'll have to drive DD. Mind you, I'm ok at the moment and able to drive, and we really want a place of our own, so after a discussion we decided to go ahead. However I'm now worrying about the expense- MRI scans and consultations are not cheap.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Now got full mortgage approval and hope to sign contract on Tuesday. Only problem is I have just been diagnosed with MS and the house has 13 steps up to the front door. when you are in it is all flat tho. I can always get a stairlift. It is also not withing walking distance of school, so I'll have to drive DD. Mind you, I'm ok at the moment and able to drive, and we really want a place of our own, so after a discussion we decided to go ahead. However I'm now worrying about the expense- MRI scans and consultations are not cheap.
oh, so sorry to hear about this!! glad you are taking it step by step and looking ahead so wisely. couldn't they put in a ramp or something??
great news about the house - fingers crossed for the signing!!
Old Mar 21st 2009, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

pamjames has a spectacular aura aboutpamjames has a spectacular aura aboutpamjames has a spectacular aura about

Really sorry to hear this news, I do hope everything works out ok for you and you can resolve the steps to the front door problem - maybe mOZzy's suggestion of a ramp is feasible?

Originally Posted by blackbag

Good luck, blackbag, I hope that you exchange soon.

[QUOTE=mOZzy;7400316]excellent news!!!!!!!!! would you mind telling me your house selling timeline? from when they put their offer in to contracts?
QUOTE]

Our buyers put their offer in, then our EA told them that they were on 28 day timeline for exchange (this actually went over as their solicitor died 2 days after instruction and they had to get another solicitor who was soooo thorough it became very frustrating... bit too involved to go into details and rather boring as well!!) Anyway, we exchanged 35 days after they put in their offer. Also we complete on 9th April (which has given us a few weeks to sort out everything).
Old Mar 24th 2009, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi All. How is everyone's week going? Any news from anyone's viewings yet?

We had a viewer this afternoon - I was at work myself when he came but my OH said this guy & his friend stayed for about half an hour & wanted to see everything -going to the bottom of the garden etc & asked loads of questions. He said he really liked our house& wants to bring his wife with him for a 2nd viewing...(they also have a 1yr old daughter). The guy's friend lives in Romford - whereas the buyer lives in Fulham, London & is currently renting there but wants to move out this way...

Fingerscrossed that we'll hear back with something positive before the end of the week.

Does make you feel much more better when you get a bit of positive feedback - even if it doesn't come to anything - or is that just me that feels like that!

Hope you all have a good week - if i hear anything i'll let you all know!
Cathy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.