Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Old Apr 22nd 2010, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Originally Posted by travelbug
Hey everyone, how is everyone getting on? Any luck with viewings/sales?

We've booked shippers now - coming 26/27th April, and have booked our holiday accomodation in Tasmania for an arrival date of 30th May...
Not much else i can do at the moment - realised today that we have only got 29 days left in our house which is a pretty weird feeling!

Anyway, hoping someone else has some good news, and if not already but soon.

Cathy
hi

We exchanged contracts Friday 16th and moved out Monday 19th so all done - thank god! Just got my IELTS results today too and I have passed so can apply to the WA nursing and midwifery board - if I had failed I would not have been able to be a midwife until I did pass - crazy and stressful to say the least - but done! Fly Sun 25th April (pending volcano ash!!! ) and start job when I have registration, etc - but probably gonna have a month or so off as I am still in work now - last shift tonight night shift!

So, how's things with everyone else? Any more news? Everything crossed for all of you xxx

Pops xxx
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Popsicals
hi

We exchanged contracts Friday 16th and moved out Monday 19th so all done - thank god! Just got my IELTS results today too and I have passed so can apply to the WA nursing and midwifery board - if I had failed I would not have been able to be a midwife until I did pass - crazy and stressful to say the least - but done! Fly Sun 25th April (pending volcano ash!!! ) and start job when I have registration, etc - but probably gonna have a month or so off as I am still in work now - last shift tonight night shift!

So, how's things with everyone else? Any more news? Everything crossed for all of you xxx

Pops xxx
Hi Pops, congratulations on the house sale going through and for passing your IELTS. So you only have 3 days till you fly? that's great news. I do hope you get settled into your new home quickly when you get there. Where are you staying? are you going into holiday accom whilst you look for somewhere?
Our shippers are coming this monday & tuesday so we're currently cleaning/sorting out stuff and trying to get organised for their arrival. Move out of our house next friday & into our friends house for 4 weeks. Looks like we'll be leaving the UK on or around the 28th May...so not too long a wait for us now.

Hope everyone else on the thread is well.
Cathy
Old Jun 7th 2010, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

hi Cathy

did you arrive here OK-it's little while since you posted?
Old Jun 7th 2010, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
hi Cathy

did you arrive here OK-it's little while since you posted?
Hi Yep we arrived safe and sound thanks on the 29th. Not posted on here for a while, as all the thread's i was on have been so quiet - although i still come on and read stuff on the site...

Staying at Blackmans Bay at the moment, Andy started work yesterday - currently working in Morrilla (not sure of spelling!) near Berriedale on a private museum that's being built by a guy on his vineyard. Still househunting and car hunting....both of which have been taking up most of our time...but hopefully will find both soon. Still got 2 weeks in the apartment we're in, so not panicking yet!

Hows things with you? are you now living in Kingston?
Old Jun 8th 2010, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cathy

Yes we moved to Kingston at the end of April and managed to rent the W. Hobart house out pretty much straightaway.

If you're car-hunting the best place to go is the car yards along Argyle St towards N. Hobart-we bought our present wagon from King's Motors and the guy there is willing to negotiate.

Are you intending to buy or rent a house?
Old Jun 8th 2010, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Cathy

Yes we moved to Kingston at the end of April and managed to rent the W. Hobart house out pretty much straightaway.

If you're car-hunting the best place to go is the car yards along Argyle St towards N. Hobart-we bought our present wagon from King's Motors and the guy there is willing to negotiate.

Are you intending to buy or rent a house?
Hi, i hope you're enjoying living in Kingston, i like it around there. Im not surprised the W.Hobart house went immediately, from going on what we've seen nice houses are snapped up instantly! thanks for the tip regarding the car yards, we need to get out one afternoon this week to have a good look. Looking to rent initially, not sure whether we want to buy here, and most of our money we have left in the UK for now....we'll see how we feel in
6 months time, but happy to rent during that time - if we find something nice!

Been a beautiful day today though, compared to the weather Sunday (we went to Port Arthur for the day and got caught in a few downpours!).
Old Jun 8th 2010, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

renting is the way to go, to find out where you want-schools, city living, big blocks etc.

we went to Port Arthur soon after we first came here, and spent 20 mins huddling under a tree whilst it p**sed down relentlessly before we ran to the info centre and still got soaked-welcome to Tassie where if you don't like the weather, come back in 20 mins.

Do you fancy a meet-up?
Old Jun 8th 2010, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

renting is the way to go, to find out where you want-schools, city living, big blocks etc.

we went to Port Arthur soon after we first came here, and spent 20 mins huddling under a tree whilst it p**sed down relentlessly before we ran to the info centre and still got soaked-welcome to Tassie where if you don't like the weather, come back in 20 mins.

Do you fancy a meet-up?
We thought that about renting ourselves....i think it'll suit us for now, but there's some seriously BAD rental properties out there!
Sounds like you had similar weather when you went to port arthur to what we did on Sunday then! Thankfully you're right though the weather does seem to change quite quickly which is good! Quite cold of an evening now though isn't it - we've felt it get colder since we arrived...
We'd really like to meet up - but if you dont mind might need to wait till we've found somewhere to live as that seems to be taking up most of our spare time at the moment once Andy's home from work.... Will let you know once we've found somewhere...
Old Jun 8th 2010, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ok sounds good, we're off to Bruny Island for the long weekend this week, do you have any plans?
Old Jun 8th 2010, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ok sounds good, we're off to Bruny Island for the long weekend this week, do you have any plans?
Have a great time at Bruny, we only realised yesterday that it was a long weekend so no plans at the moment! Will probably just drive around doing drive by's at houses advertised and to look for a car that isn't 15 years old and 4 x the price of one in the UK!
Old Jun 8th 2010, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

look for a car that isn't 15 years old and 4 x the price of one in the UK!
Good luck with that!
Old Jun 24th 2010, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

Have a great time at Bruny, we only realised yesterday that it was a long weekend so no plans at the moment! Will probably just drive around doing drive by's at houses advertised and to look for a car that isn't 15 years old and 4 x the price of one in the UK!
Hi Travelbug

Hows life treating you and your family in OZ?
I am still in Uk and can not sell house at the moment.
Speak soon
Julie