Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Old Mar 16th 2010, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Originally Posted by travelbug
Thanks! Solicitor has said they're still waiting to hear more from buyers solicitor so we've asked them to chase them...and rang agent to ring buyer and get them to chase from their end. I do sometimes wonder why you have to pay agents/solicitors at all - when it always seems like you're doing all the work yourselves!
Glad to hear your nice weather is lasting a while before the cooler weather sets in! I'm sure it's going to be either raining or very cold by the time we arrive! LOL

Hi Janet, i do hope so! Sounds like things are moving in your area. That's what it was like where we live from Christmas onwards - all of a sudden sold signs were popping up everywhere - so fingerscrossed you'll get plenty of interest in your house soon.
I feel like there's nothing i can do until we have exchanged contracts now...it just gets so frustrating waiting on other people all the time.
Still, the good news is that i'm planning my 40th birthday party for next month - which hopefully will now be a combined leaving party for all our closest friends and family Had hoped to be out there before the big 40 but nevermind! I can no longer tell people in the future that i emigrated in my 30's! Only that i applied for my visa's in my mid-30's and by the time i got there i was 40
Got everything crossed for you Cathy.

They do say life begins at 40. And what a fabulous birthday present to be going to Oz. This is going to be your year.

I am also seeing sold signs up as I drive around.

Do the solicitors know your moving?
If they do they will be so so jealous and thats why its taking a little longer than you want.

we all have everything crossed for you Good luck
Speak soon
Julie
Old Mar 16th 2010, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by corgi
Hi Cathy

We have had ours on the market since 2007 and kept to the same agaent as it would of cost us over £800 to change estate agents.
You will not find a buyer if your house in not for sale.
It will happen for us all.
Hi Julie, so you have to pay your agents a fee even if they haven't sold your house? I wouldn't like that! The agents where we are operate on a no sale no fee basis - but they do tend to make you sign up to a 3 month sole agent contract with them...

Got everything crossed for you Cathy.

They do say life begins at 40. And what a fabulous birthday present to be going to Oz. This is going to be your year.

I am also seeing sold signs up as I drive around.

Do the solicitors know your moving?
If they do they will be so so jealous and thats why its taking a little longer than you want.

we all have everything crossed for you Good luck
Speak soon
Julie
Thanks Julie. Lets hope you're right! It is the best present though. We have been advised today that we should be exchanging contracts on friday.
The buyers have apparently paid their deposit so they're just waiting for their cheque to clear.
I hope you get a buyer soon, but that's good you're seeing more movement where you are too with regards to sales.

thanks again, and still keeping my fingerscrossed for everyone else!

Cathy
Old Mar 16th 2010, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

Hi Julie, so you have to pay your agents a fee even if they haven't sold your house? I wouldn't like that! The agents where we are operate on a no sale no fee basis - but they do tend to make you sign up to a 3 month sole agent contract with them...

Thanks Julie. Lets hope you're right! It is the best present though. We have been advised today that we should be exchanging contracts on friday.
The buyers have apparently paid their deposit so they're just waiting for their cheque to clear.
I hope you get a buyer soon, but that's good you're seeing more movement where you are too with regards to sales.

thanks again, and still keeping my fingerscrossed for everyone else!

Cathy
Thats fabulous Cathy Good luck for Friday.

Julie
Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:14 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

It's good to read that your sale is just about concluded, Cathy

Good luck for Friday!
Old Mar 19th 2010, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Thats fabulous Cathy Good luck for Friday.

Julie
Originally Posted by paulry
It's good to read that your sale is just about concluded, Cathy

Good luck for Friday!
Hi everyone, thanks for your good luck wishes!

Well...after an extremely tense day - i can confirm that we HAVE finally exchanged contracts!
We will be out of our house on the 30th April
We will be killing a month here whilst our furniture etc gets a head start to Tasmania and then hope to leave by the 31st May..

Can you believe exchange nearly didnt happen because of a "fensa" certificate that we don't even possess. Although we paid for Fensa insurance after having the house double-glazed (& we have the insurance reference no etc), Fensa never actually sent us a certificate. We would never have known
that we needed an actual certificate if we had the insurance reference number. Anyway, apparently our solicitor had been ignoring the buyers solicitors request for this, & this afternoon we had to agree to pay £10 for the buyers to obtain a copy of the certificate off the internet before they would exchange!

Our solicitor decided to take the day off today without notifying any of the parties involved in our sale - leaving the handling of our exchange with no-one! We were chasing, the buyers solicitors were chasing, and we even got the estate agent chasing the solicitor's office. In the end his secretary had to get another Partner involved in order to get things sorted! grrrrrrrrrr...

On days like this you should be relieved and happy, but we have been so stressed out it takes the shine off of what is in actual fact good news!

To everyone else, there is light at the end of the tunnel eventually - and that comes from someone that has felt she's been stuck in a tunnel that had been bricked up at both ends for the last couple of years!

you all take care, and as usual keeping everything crossed for all you others still trying to sell. xx
Old Mar 19th 2010, 6:44 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Well...after an extremely tense day - i can confirm that we HAVE finally exchanged contracts!
We will be killing a month here whilst our furniture etc gets a head start to Tasmania and then hope to leave by the 31st May..

Can you believe exchange nearly didnt happen because of a "fensa" certificate that we don't even possess. Although we paid for Fensa insurance after having the house double-glazed (& we have the insurance reference no etc), Fensa never actually sent us a certificate. We would never have known
that we needed an actual certificate if we had the insurance reference number. Anyway, apparently our solicitor had been ignoring the buyers solicitors request for this, & this afternoon we had to agree to pay £10 for the buyers to obtain a copy of the certificate off the internet before they would exchange!

Our solicitor decided to take the day off today without notifying any of the parties involved in our sale - leaving the handling of our exchange with no-one! We were chasing, the buyers solicitors were chasing, and we even got the estate agent chasing the solicitor's office. In the end his secretary had to get another Partner involved in order to get things sorted! grrrrrrrrrr...

On days like this you should be relieved and happy, but we have been so stressed out it takes the shine off of what is in actual fact good news!

To everyone else, there is light at the end of the tunnel eventually - and that comes from someone that has felt she's been stuck in a tunnel that had been bricked up at both ends for the last couple of years!

you all take care, and as usual keeping everything crossed for all you others still trying to sell. xx
Hi Cathy

I am so pleased for you and your family. At last you can all move on with your lives. Now just for tonight relax, put your feet up and have a glass of wine because you have now got the move to sort out. My very best wishes to you all

Janet
Old Mar 19th 2010, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Cathy-about bl**dy time eh?
Welcome to Tassie!!
Old Mar 20th 2010, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the exchange!! I have been following your story Travelbug! Wow at your solicitor!! Thank goodness it was sorted in the end.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you everyone!
I really appreciate everyone's kind comments....

So here begins the start of a new life!

Amazing how many things start rattling around your brain - even though i've been researching and looking into things for the last 3 years or so - you feel like you've got to start from scratch again! I think i need to write a few lists!

You all take care!
Cathy
Old Mar 20th 2010, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you everyone!
I really appreciate everyone's kind comments....

So here begins the start of a new life!

Amazing how many things start rattling around your brain - even though i've been researching and looking into things for the last 3 years or so - you feel like you've got to start from scratch again! I think i need to write a few lists!

You all take care!
Cathy
At last its all happing for you now. Wow not long now till your on the plane. Good luck in Oz. Please keep us updated.
And have a mega birthday Cathy.
All the best for the future
Julie
Old Mar 20th 2010, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough

Yippee - well done! Eventually . Good things come to those who wait - so pleased for you. Enjoy your new life

Pops xxx
Old Mar 21st 2010, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks so much Julie & Pops.
I will certainly keep you updated - will let you know how we get on with the shippers etc in April...
Starting to write lists now of things we need to do. Looks like April will be a busy busy month!

take care
Cathy
Old Apr 1st 2010, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hey everyone, how is everyone getting on? Any luck with viewings/sales?

We've booked shippers now - coming 26/27th April, and have booked our holiday accomodation in Tasmania for an arrival date of 30th May...
Not much else i can do at the moment - realised today that we have only got 29 days left in our house which is a pretty weird feeling!

Anyway, hoping someone else has some good news, and if not already but soon.

Cathy
Old Apr 1st 2010, 8:14 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Hey everyone, how is everyone getting on? Any luck with viewings/sales?

We've booked shippers now - coming 26/27th April, and have booked our holiday accomodation in Tasmania for an arrival date of 30th May...
Not much else i can do at the moment - realised today that we have only got 29 days left in our house which is a pretty weird feeling!

Anyway, hoping someone else has some good news, and if not already but soon.

Cathy
Hi Cathy

Glad to hear you are getting on so well with your move. I have no news unfortunately and one of the houses that had sold near us is back on the market so their sale must have fallen through. I am feeling quite fed up at the moment because I just think it is never going to happen for us. I am sure you will be going through quite mixed emotions at the moment, keep in touch it is good to hear when it comes right for someone

Janet
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAK
Hi Cathy

Glad to hear you are getting on so well with your move. I have no news unfortunately and one of the houses that had sold near us is back on the market so their sale must have fallen through. I am feeling quite fed up at the moment because I just think it is never going to happen for us. I am sure you will be going through quite mixed emotions at the moment, keep in touch it is good to hear when it comes right for someone

Janet
Hi Janet Sorry to hear you're still waiting for that elusive buyer to appear. I'm sure they're out there somewhere for everyone! There could be many reasons why the local house sale fell through, the buyers not being able to borrow enough for a mortgage, poor survey results etc or a chain falling through are just a few things that spring to mind. I wouldn't let it dishearten you too much, but you could always ring their agent as a potential buyer and ask why it's back on the market & see what they'll tell you if it would put your mind at rest a little.

I definitely have mixed emotions at the moment, but am trying to go with the flow!

take care
Cathy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.