Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Old May 7th 2009, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all
Default Re: Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Glad you have a buyer Blackbag.
Thanks for the good wishes for Tursday Corgi.
Just gotta get through the mri scan tomorrow and now also have DD home sick so have to leave her alone too. She's 13 so will be ok for a couple of hours, and a friend is calling to see she is ok. Just a virus, and she isn't throwing up, just not quite well enough for school.
Hope your scan went well. And that your daughter is feeling better.

Good luck for your house move today hope it all goes well I am sure it will.

Julie
Old May 8th 2009, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by corgi
Hope your scan went well. And that your daughter is feeling better.

Good luck for your house move today hope it all goes well I am sure it will.

Julie
Thanks- DD is back at school today, we have the keys to the new house but my MRI results were bad.
Guess you can't have everything.
Old May 8th 2009, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Thanks- DD is back at school today, we have the keys to the new house but my MRI results were bad.
Guess you can't have everything.
I am sorry to hear your scan results were bad. I hope its not serious for you and that they can treat you.
Take care
Julie
Old May 10th 2009, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

stupid stamp duty changes

since they've upped the lower limit for stamp duty free to 175k that's all we get on offers for our 200k asking price

had a viewing with a 2nd viewing - very keen and told us they are VERY interested .... and what???? 175k offer

and no! don't even start talking about reducing!!! we've reduced already by 25%!!!!!!!!!! and can't afford any more
Old May 10th 2009, 6:24 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annabel Candy
In the UK, they're putting whinging poms who can't sell their house on the telly in a bid to help get rid of them and move them on to Australia asap Check this:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/headlines/R...ove.5188385.jp

I thought it was interesting...
Why call them whinging poms?
Old May 18th 2009, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

we've accepted an offer on our house
Old May 18th 2009, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mOZzy
That is great news Mozzy!

Hope you got close to your asking price though, or were happy with what you accepted. No update at this end. We haven't yet put the house back on the market since our contract ended with the last agent last month. After having a re-think we've decided to do up our kitchen (not spending loads on it though), to see whether that will enable us to get closer to our asking price next time we put it back on.... We're going to possibly wait till after the summer holidays before trying again here....

Am really pleased you can finally make plans to go now.... Adelaide will soon have some new residents!

Cathy
Old May 18th 2009, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

woo hoo well done hun, hope you got a good price for it
Old May 19th 2009, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

WWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'LL GET THE KETTLE ON XXXX.
Old May 19th 2009, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Tina!!

we accepted 5k under our current asking price - quite good i reckon in the current market!! - we won't have much to go to oz but at least we'll be there finally ... soon!!!

we also were about to put everything on hold for a year or so and do a few things around the house to get closer to the asking price!!
but heyho - never give up hope!!! - and we've waited a very very long time for it to sell

thanks guys
Old May 19th 2009, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

blackbag is on a distinguished road

congrats, i hope it all goes well.
Old May 19th 2009, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Tina!!

we accepted 5k under our current asking price - quite good i reckon in the current market!! - we won't have much to go to oz but at least we'll be there finally ... soon!!!

we also were about to put everything on hold for a year or so and do a few things around the house to get closer to the asking price!!
but heyho - never give up hope!!! - and we've waited a very very long time for it to sell

thanks guys
Thats great as I've said before we came out with almost nothing and OH wages are crap and I'm not working but we are getting by. And renting isn't that bad if you get fed up with the house or area you can just move

everything cross it all goes quick for you is there a chain??
Old May 19th 2009, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks blackbag

no tina, no chain! they are very eager to move in asap!
which area are you living in atm? didn't you say you'd move south????
Old May 19th 2009, 10:42 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations I haven't been on here for a looooong time so its good to hear someone else has sold!
We still haven't had any offers got someone interested but they still have to sell theirs
Ah well we'll get there eventually
Old May 19th 2009, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Tina!!

but heyho - never give up hope!!! - and we've waited a very very long time for it to sell :

thanks guys ::
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was almost in tears when I read your staus this morning Mozz! I have everything crossed that it all goes quickly for you.

What's Tina talking about putting the kettle on?? We need WINE!!!

thanks blackbag :

no tina, no chain! they are very eager to move in asap!
which area are you living in atm? didn't you say you'd move south????
No chain - even better!!!!

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Congratulations I haven't been on here for a looooong time so its good to hear someone else has sold!
We still haven't had any offers got someone interested but they still have to sell theirs
Ah well we'll get there eventually
Hiya Tawkins - hope you get some luck soon. One by one, we have all sold. It will happen for you too. xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.