Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Old Apr 3rd 2009, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)

Sounds like she got cold feet and was looking for an excuse to pull out.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Hi All, we had an unexpected viewing late yesterday afternoon. Agent rang at 4pm & said "is anyone at home in 20mins!". Place needed a quick tidy up (had loads of washing out on line etc - stuff like that), so managed to double the time to 40mins & this couple turned up with their son&daughter with them. I hate that when people do that! My OH was talking to the guy in the garden, i'm trying to keep my 2 kids out in the garden too & the other 3 people are in the house still!!!
Not sure if our house was what they were looking for - they'd moved out of our area 3 years ago because of bad neighbours but were wanting to move back again....The most questions they asked were about our neighbours & some flats you can see from the side of us - didnt ask much about the actual house! We'll see.

Hope someone else has some luck this weekend.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Cant believe Agent has rung back with couple's feedback already. They liked our house - but not some flats down the road from us! Apparently according to the agent this is due to their paranoia regarding bad neighbours!!! aaargh...back to the drawing board again! Lets see if we get anymore viewers this weekend!
Old Apr 4th 2009, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Originally Posted by blackbag
our buyer has decided not to buy our house.

after spend £600 on a full structual survey the surveyor found our house to be in good condition, however he note that some of the morter was missing along the top of the bay window and would cost about £50 to repair.

However the stupid cow (buyer) has spoken to a friend of a friend who is a builder and they said that the wrong type of cement mix must have been used to build the house 12 years ago.

if find it amazing that someone can tell that from a photo when a qualified surveyor missed it.
Buyers are a pain, you would think for £50 they would come to a deal with yourselves. Fingers crossed they either come back or you get another offer soon.

Originally Posted by travelbug
Cant believe Agent has rung back with couple's feedback already. They liked our house - but not some flats down the road from us! Apparently according to the agent this is due to their paranoia regarding bad neighbours!!! aaargh...back to the drawing board again! Lets see if we get anymore viewers this weekend!
People im sure people just like to noise around peoples house and waste your time. Fingers crossed for some decent viewers.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Happy Easter All.
We haven't had ANY viewers booked in for this weekend...
The OH has rung the agent earlier - and told them we're giving 14 days notice with effect from today... Told them that they were out of order signing us up knowing for a fact that the whole of the local branch we should be under was closing down. Must be the reason why we haven't yet sold - because all the houses nearby with locally based agents have now got sold signs

Hope someone has the right buyer through the door this weekend!
Old Apr 11th 2009, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

blackbag is on a distinguished road

we have give our estate agents notice, and had another agent around today.

10 minutes after he left we had a phone call from his office, can they arrange a viewng for Wednesday
Old Apr 11th 2009, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Easter- may the easter bunny bring a basket full of buyers!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi All, hope you all had a good Easter weekend. Anyone have any luck with viewings at the weekend?

Our agent rang my OH earlier today and asked if we could have someone view our house thurs or fri this week. He was just going to write down a time etc and asked the guy what position the viewers were in and the agent said that they haven't even put their house on the market yet!!! My OH told him that they could come for a viewing once they have! Ever get the feeling people are just wasting your time? Will be glad when the next 13days are up and we can sign up with a different agent!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Went up to look at the house we are buying- the cockatoos have destroyed 4 windows!!! OMG they had torn off all the wood from the sills and uprights as far as they could reach. At least it isn't ours yet as 4 windows will have to be replaced- expensive. but it makes me worry about what happens once we are the owners. Not sure insurance covers it, and the birds are protected.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

Annabel Candy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, hope you all had a good Easter weekend. Anyone have any luck with viewings at the weekend?
But if the market is flattening out in UK it should be here in Australia too so in theory even if you have to sell for less in UK you should be able to buy for less in Australia. Unless the pound goes down and down of course. I went to an open home here in Queensland for a beautiful home with fabulous hinterland views and the agents was even supplying free bubbles. Guess what? I was the only person to turn up despite this being the alleged busy weekend for viewing and sales. Definitely very troubling times in real estate.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Annabel Candy
But if the market is flattening out in UK it should be here in Australia too so in theory even if you have to sell for less in UK you should be able to buy for less in Australia. Unless the pound goes down and down of course. I went to an open home here in Queensland for a beautiful home with fabulous hinterland views and the agents was even supplying free bubbles. Guess what? I was the only person to turn up despite this being the alleged busy weekend for viewing and sales. Definitely very troubling times in real estate.
Hi all sorry not been on for ages.

Hope your all getting viewings and lots of interested buyers looking.
My agent rang did't give me much notice. I had let house go a bit. So had to rush round and clean
I had a viewing yesterday I have not had ones in months thought my agent had forgot about me. They didn't stay long and didn't say much.
Hope some one has got some good news to share?

Good luck everyone
Julie
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi All, no update from us really. House came off the market saturday - we were in a crisis as to whether to sit out the recession for a bit - but have changed our minds again - appointment booked for different agent to come round on the 9th May - so it'll be back on after then..... Feel like it's all never-ending at the moment!

I hope some of the people on here have had some luck.

As usual - sending good luck to everyone...

Cathy
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Just checking in Its great some of you are having views lets hope the market is picking up for you all

Got some photo's of our wedding too thought you mightlike to see some.
Attached Thumbnails Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)-wedding-photos-adele-001.jpg   Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)-wedding-photos-adele-006.jpg   Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)-wedding-photos-adele-032.jpg   Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)-wedding-photos-adele-057.jpg   Whinging Pom House Seller (Nov 08 onwards)-wedding-photos-adele-152.jpg  

Old Apr 28th 2009, 2:51 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. Lovely photos
Old Apr 28th 2009, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

Hi All, no update from us really. House came off the market saturday - we were in a crisis as to whether to sit out the recession for a bit - but have changed our minds again - appointment booked for different agent to come round on the 9th May - so it'll be back on after then..... Feel like it's all never-ending at the moment!

I hope some of the people on here have had some luck.

As usual - sending good luck to everyone...

Cathy
Hi cathy

A new agent good idea. Lets hope they work harder for you. Some on hear changed agents and had more luck.
Take care and good luck
Julie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.