Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:16 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I HAVE NEWS!!

Just spoke to the private buyer and he is still going ahead!!! He has given me his solicitor's adddress and said we can start the process. YAY!!!

Was just about to phone the solicitor to let her know and the phone rang and it was the solicitor. Ringing from home to tell me she had been made redudant. Went in on Friday and was told to leave that moment as they didnt have enough work for her. They said there wasn't enough conveyancing and they let her go because she was the most expensive! Now the EAs wife works for the same solicitors, so now I have NO reason to stay with them.

Got to ring the EA and find a way to delay the other offer for another week or so... don't want to accept and then let them down but the deal is not 100% yet...

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHh house selling.
OH WOW

Just popped in to say see you later and saw this. I could not be more pleased for you if I tried. Thank god and St. Joe for that What a shame it would be if EA's wife got made redundant too
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:17 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

I HAVE NEWS!!

Just spoke to the private buyer and he is still going ahead!!! He has given me his solicitor's adddress and said we can start the process. YAY!!!

Was just about to phone the solicitor to let her know and the phone rang and it was the solicitor. Ringing from home to tell me she had been made redudant. Went in on Friday and was told to leave that moment as they didnt have enough work for her. They said there wasn't enough conveyancing and they let her go because she was the most expensive! Now the EAs wife works for the same solicitors, so now I have NO reason to stay with them.

Got to ring the EA and find a way to delay the other offer for another week or so... don't want to accept and then let them down but the deal is not 100% yet...

Well Done hun!!!!!
Moving forward at last eh?!!! LOL
Beth x x
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:22 am
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Thats great news Nic, fingers crossed. What goes around comes around mmmmmmn.

Lisa
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Waheeey some news for you at last - my fingers are still firmly crossed for you. Im so pleased for you.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
OH WOW

Just popped in to say see you later and saw this. I could not be more pleased for you if I tried. Thank god and St. Joe for that What a shame it would be if EA's wife got made redundant too
PMSL, what a shame eh??

Thanks hun. I was convinced he wasn't going ahead. It is a buisness deal - so no mortgages etc... I am concentrating all my positive thoughts on you today. I will try to spread my good luck about.

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
[SIZE="6"]Well Done hun!!!!! [/SIZE:
Moving forward at last eh?!!! LOL
Beth x x
I know - can't believe it. It'll be your turn soon - I have to really had to put myself out there and work at it and I know you can do it too. Contact everyone you know and place your own ads etc.. EAs are hopeless...:curse:

Originally Posted by Laights
Thats great news Nic, fingers crossed. What goes around comes around mmmmmmn.

Lisa
LOL, oh yes.... I am planning sweet revenge....
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:03 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Nic, Yay

Got everything crossed

Joex
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:09 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

I HAVE NEWS!!

Great news Nic
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
Great news Nic, Yay

Got everything crossed

Joex
Originally Posted by Icarus
Great news Nic
Thanks both. I hope you have some good news soon too. Trouble is, I am such a sceptic that I won't be convinced until they actually sign on the dotted line.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Waheeey some news for you at last - my fingers are still firmly crossed for you. Im so pleased for you.
Thanks hun - hopefully the private buyer will exchange - if not, we are trying to keep the other buyer in reserve.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:41 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
Thanks everyone for the good wishes, will let you know later tonight.

I think it will be ok really as he looks pretty healthy and apart from being extremely tired a lot of the time, he is fairly normal and his hair etc. is all grown back so I think if he still had it he wouldn't look like that

Am off to get dressed now and make all the beds. Speak later
Good luck both of you
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by James516
Well, we finally exchanged last week, due to complete next week. House had been on the market since November, accepted two offers that fell through due to problems with lower chain, and accepted this offer back in March.

Good luck everyone - I guess the thing that kept us going was that even over December and January we had lots of viewings. If you're not getting them in the door in the first place, I think it's priced too high. We didn't go with the agent who gave us the highest valuation for this reason.

Woo hoo great news

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Hi All

Due to exchange today, fingers X`d

Mick

PS Was supposed to be 10 days ago though, 2nd time lucky?
Fingers crossed the exchange goes ok

[QUOTE=nickywes;6424456]Hi Hayles - Can't imagine not having any car or house etc. must feel really strange. Hope you have a great time in Ireland and then a couple of weeks later you will be in Oz I think he should get you a big sparkly diamond ring instead :

Don't think central venue would be that easy judging from where everyone lives, might as well make it Australia

Can you imagine what your house would look like if you took everyone else's stuff to sell on ebay Could make some money though

Excellent news, congratulations.

Nothing to report from here, still totally f***ed off and for no real reason apart from frustration :curse:

I will be spending most of the day today at Mount Vernon Hospital (cancer hospital) with Paul as it is his first check up. Can't really believe that it is 3 months since he finished treatment. Fingers crossed please that it will be good news
I'm thinking of you both and praying that everything is ok

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
OOooooooooohhhhhh.........a lovely new thread

No news my end.....AGAIN!!!!!

Did manage to have a major sort out over half term, threw loads out, gave some away, charity shop was very happy......but I still have loads more to do

Girls all back in school today (HOORAY!!!!) so I should get some more sorting done.

My sister has paid a deposit to buy a house in Melton, Melbourne.......it should be ready by the end of September so she will fly out in early October

I'm going to put a file of paperwork together today for our buyer (whoever buys the house).......with all the double glazing guarantees, electrical/gas inspection certificates, planning permission approval, alarm system paperwork, wood floor insurance etc in.
Keep me busy and it's all in one file ready for them.

Andrew pressure washed the back garden and patio yesterday........looking much cleaner with all the green stuff gone....LOL

14 long bloody months on the market now..........when will my turn come to sell

Beth x x
Bloody hell Beth what a nightmare but I'm sure St Joe will come through for you and you have a sale soon.

But bugger that did you watch Lost? God that bit when the love of our lives walked out of the sea dripping wet needed a cold shower after that Shame it was the last one

I HAVE NEWS!!

Fan - bloody -tastic
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Sorry think my Karma button is broken, been trying to send some to you all but can't so sending you all a cyber hug instead xx
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:10 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

I HAVE NEWS!!

YAY. Excellent news, Nic.

I am really, really pleased for you. After all your hard work on this you thoroughly deserve the reward now.

Fingers crossed it's all smooth running from now until completion.

The other buyers don't want mine by any chance?
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Thanks hun - hopefully the private buyer will exchange - if not, we are trying to keep the other buyer in reserve.
So when will you get to Adelaide Well done you fingers crossed
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Nic - Fantastic news on the offer, can you just get another solicitor and get on with it while he's keen?

Nicky and Paul - thinking of you today

How's everyone else doing?

STILL waiting for our buyer to get his mortgage offer, completely fed up with being lied to and fobbed off, we were told he had it on the 14th May and then about every 2 days since then, we have now been told it has never been issued as they want more paperwork from him :curse:

Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.