Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Originally Posted by nickywes
Right, so am assuming the WPHS lunch is off then
Sorry Nicky - I missed that bit... will have to read back The thread is only 2 pages long and I can't keep up.

Originally Posted by Gonnago
HUMPH - I think the real truth is that the last thread was too naughty

Good luck for the new thread. I know Im neither whinging or a house seller but im going nowhere
Hi Hayles, how are you?? off to Ireland soon to your lovely MILs.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Am good - off to Ireland on Thursday - sold the car today which was a bit it was my christmas pressie from Conor - now we have nothing! no car, no house, its weird having no keys for anything!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=nickywes;6423143]
Originally Posted by Fly Away
Sorry no news...

Hi N - Making loads of dosh on ebay then? Maybe you should host a WPHS lunch (in a central location) I have now got a stack of stuff to put on there when I can be bothered. Have filled up the local dump though. Once I start I get quite brutal with chucking stuff and it is all sorts of stuff that we have had in the loft since our last move and not even looked at

I think if the sun shines next week we will all feel better, seems to make a difference somehow

It could be the start of good things. Will keep fingers crossed for a completion date soon
Completely missed this Nicky - must have cross posted.

Yes a boozy lunch would be fun - not sure where a central place would be - I think we had this plan with Ic and then it all got too complicated.

I think I could open a business listing expats stuff on Ebay - what do you think?
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Am good - off to Ireland on Thursday - sold the car today which was a bit it was my christmas pressie from Conor - now we have nothing! no car, no house, its weird having no keys for anything!
Well done on the car. Don't think of it as strange, think of it as freedom. was this your first wobble.

You know, you should persuade Connor to leave the kids with his Mum for a day and book your selves into a lovely hotel and have some time on your own. Then let battle commence with the inlaws!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

It wasnt really a wobble - still no doubt about going - just sulking that he should buy me something to replace my christmas present lol.

We are going to be touring Ireland so it should be okay not spending too much time in one place. My family are spread all over so should be fun
Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It wasnt really a wobble - still no doubt about going - just sulking that he should buy me something to replace my christmas present lol.

Definately nag him to get you something to replace it!!
We are going to be touring Ireland so it should be okay not spending too much time in one place. My family are spread all over so should be fun
Not so bad then - more of a holiday. I bet you have a great time. Remember to take lots of photos.

When you get back, there will only be 2 weeks before you go - EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

I am relying on you to keep my wine chilled in Adelaide until we can get there.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 1:49 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

OMG look at this a whole new sparkly WPHS thread!!!

lets hope the new thread brings good luck to everyone

hugs A
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Well, we finally exchanged last week, due to complete next week. House had been on the market since November, accepted two offers that fell through due to problems with lower chain, and accepted this offer back in March.

Good luck everyone - I guess the thing that kept us going was that even over December and January we had lots of viewings. If you're not getting them in the door in the first place, I think it's priced too high. We didn't go with the agent who gave us the highest valuation for this reason.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

that's great news!!!!!
well done, that gives us hope!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:06 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Hayles - Can't imagine not having any car or house etc. must feel really strange. Hope you have a great time in Ireland and then a couple of weeks later you will be in Oz I think he should get you a big sparkly diamond ring instead

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6423329]

Completely missed this Nicky - must have cross posted.

Yes a boozy lunch would be fun - not sure where a central place would be - I think we had this plan with Ic and then it all got too complicated

I think I could open a business listing expats stuff on Ebay - what do you think?
Don't think central venue would be that easy judging from where everyone lives, might as well make it Australia

Can you imagine what your house would look like if you took everyone else's stuff to sell on ebay Could make some money though

Originally Posted by James516
Well, we finally exchanged last week, due to complete next week. House had been on the market since November, accepted two offers that fell through due to problems with lower chain, and accepted this offer back in March.

Good luck everyone - I guess the thing that kept us going was that even over December and January we had lots of viewings. If you're not getting them in the door in the first place, I think it's priced too high. We didn't go with the agent who gave us the highest valuation for this reason.
Excellent news, congratulations.

Nothing to report from here, still totally f***ed off and for no real reason apart from frustration :curse:

I will be spending most of the day today at Mount Vernon Hospital (cancer hospital) with Paul as it is his first check up. Can't really believe that it is 3 months since he finished treatment. Fingers crossed please that it will be good news
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Hi All

Due to exchange today, fingers X`d

Mick

PS Was supposed to be 10 days ago though, 2nd time lucky?
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:44 am
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Nic,

Fingers crossed for you both.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing to report from here, still totally f***ed off and for no real reason apart from frustration :curse:

I will be spending most of the day today at Mount Vernon Hospital (cancer hospital) with Paul as it is his first check up. Can't really believe that it is 3 months since he finished treatment. Fingers crossed please that it will be good news

Hope all goes well with Paul's check up today

Sam
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Good Luck everyone, hopefully the new thread will bring us all some much needed luck, we need it

Tracy
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Morning all,

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
OMG look at this a whole new sparkly WPHS thread!!!
lets hope the new thread brings good luck to everyone

hugs A
Thanks hun - can't believe I'm still on it and haven't sold a thing.... let's hope it is good luck.

Originally Posted by James516

Great news - it shows it can happen.

Hi Hayles - Can't imagine not having any car or house etc. must feel really strange. Hope you have a great time in Ireland and then a couple of weeks later you will be in Oz I think he should get you a big sparkly diamond ring instead

Good idea!

Don't think central venue would be that easy judging from where everyone lives, might as well make it Australia

Lol - I think the distances might be even bigger....

Can you imagine what your house would look like if you took everyone else's stuff to sell on ebay Could make some money though

I hate to think, it looks like a bomb has gone off here today - we pulled some more stuff out of the loft yesterday to sell and DD has been home for a week on half term.

Nothing to report from here, still totally f***ed off and for no real reason apart from frustration

I will be spending most of the day today at Mount Vernon Hospital (cancer hospital) with Paul as it is his first check up. Can't really believe that it is 3 months since he finished treatment. Fingers crossed please that it will be good news ::
Fingers crossed for you Nicky and Paul. I hope you get the good news you deserve. I'l be thinking of you all day.

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Hi All

Due to exchange today, fingers X`d

Mick

PS Was supposed to be 10 days ago though, 2nd time lucky?
Fingers crssed for an exchange - they like to keep you stressed don't they?

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Good Luck everyone, hopefully the new thread will bring us all some much needed luck, we need it
Tracy
Hi Tracy - yes, let's plan not to stay on here for long.

I've got 3 tonnes of housework to do today and ironing and Ebay stuff and maybe accept that offer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.