Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Jun 1st 2008, 6:47 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Oh my god what a panic when I logged on for the first time today, no WPHS I started off seeing lots of posts that I was sure weren't on there when I left it last night and then tried to reply and couldn't find the buttons Was good to get to the bottom and find out we had a shiny new thread which will obviously bring us all luck now

I want to be on the first page too but doubt if I will manage it
Old Jun 1st 2008, 6:51 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickywes
Oh my god what a panic when I logged on for the first time today, no WPHS I started off seeing lots of posts that I was sure weren't on there when I left it last night and then tried to reply and couldn't find the buttons Was good to get to the bottom and find out we had a shiny new thread which will obviously bring us all luck now

I want to be on the first page too but doubt if I will manage it

You didn't make it. Never mind.

Let's hope that none of us are around when they need to update again.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I hope we won't have a long stay on this thread... a new house selling start for us all.

I'm not too keen on the smell of paint and I would prefer somewhere with a bit more character - but beggers can't be chosers.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:07 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

I think I will be on this thread for ever

Have been doing more de-cluttering today and have almost finished the loft

Am really really p****ed off today, don't know why really, just generally f***ed off OH spoke to the EA this morning about our supposed home of the week that we got told would be in there this week and wasn't :curse: EA said that they were not having home of the week until 25 June and they had not decided who was going in it :curse: Why oh why do they lead you on and lie?

Has anybody got some good news on the home front to cheer me up?
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, new thread, new hope for house selling

In laws have gone BUT OH had words with them before they left (it was a miracle I hadn't decked his bag of a mother before then) so I'm being very grown up and told him to go round to the B & B they are staying at, to try and clear the air a little. I really couldn't care less that they are upset, about bloody time after what they done and said to me over the years, but I think he may not ever see them again or certainly for some years and if one of them snuffs it, then he would be devastated by his last contact with them and I don't want that on his conscience or mine.

As long as he doesn't invite them back to the house again (all Sunday is enough ) then I'll feel better if he has made his peace with them, even if it is superficially.

How's everyone doing, hope there were lots of happy viewings this weekend.

Sam
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I think I will be on this thread for ever

You won't hun, even if you don't sell, you will be renting out and won't be trying to sell.

Have been doing more de-cluttering today and have almost finished the loft:

Well done, we did a tiny bit but now it's all in the back bedroom to go on Ebay. (BTW my current bids are £77 tonight!)

Am really really p****ed off today, don't know why really, just generally f***ed off OH spoke to the EA this morning about our supposed home of the week that we got told would be in there this week and wasn't :curse: EA said that they were not having home of the week until 25 June and they had not decided who was going in it Why oh why do they lead you on and lie?

They lie because they are estate agents.:curse: It's in the genes.:curse: Hope you feel better tomorrow. This is such a rollercoaster - much worse than the visa.

Has anybody got some good news on the home front to cheer me up?
Sorry no news...

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Yeah, new thread, new hope for house selling:

In laws have gone:BUT OH had words with them before they left (it was a miracle I hadn't decked his bag of a mother before then) so I'm being very grown up and told him to go round to the B & B they are staying at, to try and clear the air a little. I really couldn't care less that they are upset, about bloody time after what they done and said to me over the years, but I think he may not ever see them again or certainly for some years and if one of them snuffs it, then he would be devastated by his last contact with them and I don't want that on his conscience or mine.

As long as he doesn't invite them back to the house again (all Sunday is enough ) then I'll feel better if he has made his peace with them, even if it is superficially.

Sam
I think you did the right thing Sam - Leave with clear consciences and having done the right thing. Your OH will thank you for making sort things out. Bloomin families....
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:24 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey had a panic on then when I saw the thread was closed. Still no news our end Feeling a bit fed up at the moment, had a few wines (again)

Lets hope theres some good news this week.

Joexxx
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:36 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully this new thread will bring everyone luck

Perhaps when I phone my conveyancer tomorrow she'll finally give me a completion date for our house sale

Last edited by Kapri; Jun 1st 2008 at 7:36 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Yeah, new thread, new hope for house selling

In laws have gone BUT OH had words with them before they left (it was a miracle I hadn't decked his bag of a mother before then) so I'm being very grown up and told him to go round to the B & B they are staying at, to try and clear the air a little. I really couldn't care less that they are upset, about bloody time after what they done and said to me over the years, but I think he may not ever see them again or certainly for some years and if one of them snuffs it, then he would be devastated by his last contact with them and I don't want that on his conscience or mine.

Sam
Hi Sam

Bet you're glad they are gone now Was there trouble at your house, did they say something to you? My OH is not even going to say goodbye to his mum when we go and would not even come back when she snuffs it Long story but he will never forgive her. Bloody good job, I hate the old bag
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:44 pm

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6423091]Sorry no news...

Hi N - Making loads of dosh on ebay then? Maybe you should host a WPHS lunch (in a central location) I have now got a stack of stuff to put on there when I can be bothered. Have filled up the local dump though. Once I start I get quite brutal with chucking stuff and it is all sorts of stuff that we have had in the loft since our last move and not even looked at

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
Blimey had a panic on then when I saw the thread was closed. Still no news our end Feeling a bit fed up at the moment, had a few wines (again)

Joexxx
I think if the sun shines next week we will all feel better, seems to make a difference somehow

Originally Posted by Kapri

Perhaps when I phone my conveyancer tomorrow she'll finally give me a completion date for our house sale
It could be the start of good things. Will keep fingers crossed for a completion date soon
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe

Joexxx
It's gutting isn't it. We can all be miserable together... To make matters worse - I can't drink tonight as I have to be up early tomorrow to do the school run.

Hopefully this new thread will bring everyone luck :

Perhaps when I phone my conveyancer tomorrow she'll finally give me a completion date for our house sale l:
Fingers crossed for you K. Have you set your heart on Oz again now???

Hi Sam

Bet you're glad they are gone now Was there trouble at your house, did they say something to you? My OH is not even going to say goodbye to his mum when we go and would not even come back when she snuffs it Long story but he will never forgive her. Bloody good job, I hate the old bag
Wow, that sounds like a tale and a half. Even I don't dislike my MIL that much and she tried to split us up for 5 years!!!

Just sold another £80 worth of stuff on Ebay tonight - every penny counts -especially when we might have to take this low offer...
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:00 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Hope so K
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:06 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck to all this week .
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Fly Away

Wow, that sounds like a tale and a half. Even I don't dislike my MIL that much and she tried to split us up for 5 years!!!

Might tell it one day

Just sold another £80 worth of stuff on Ebay tonight - every penny counts -especially when we might have to take this low offer...
Right, so am assuming the WPHS lunch is off then
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

HUMPH - I think the real truth is that the last thread was too naughty

Good luck for the new thread. I know Im neither whinging or a house seller but im going nowhere

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.