Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Originally Posted by sarab40
Hey..just seen you have exchanged Sal...fingers crossed and all that XX
Thanks G!

Thinking of you Ic!
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:35 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Thanks G!

Thinking of you Ic!
Thanks matey ,good luck to you guys as it won't be long now
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Icarus - Good luck with plan C. You have to do whats right for you, but don't let that visa go to waste..
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:51 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflower7
Icarus - Good luck with plan C. You have to do whats right for you, but don't let that visa go to waste..
thanks Sunflower , it won't .
Old Aug 29th 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

scousemartin has a spectacular aura aboutscousemartin has a spectacular aura aboutscousemartin has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Icarus
thanks Sunflower , it won't .
We are having our first viewers in about 6 weeks tomorow.
So it's tidy up time and hide around the corner while the EA shows them around. I can't stand being in the house when they are there.
The market seems to be improving fractionally, a house around the corner this week. We'll see what happens.

SM
Old Aug 29th 2008, 7:07 pm
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by scousemartin
So it's tidy up time and hide around the corner while the EA shows them around. I can't stand being in the house when they are there.
The market seems to be improving fractionally, a house around the corner this week. We'll see what happens.

SM
good luck!
Old Aug 29th 2008, 7:32 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

SM
good luck dude , reel them in .

i don't like to be around when theres viewers , best to pop out
Old Aug 29th 2008, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sunflower , yours sounds positive & i hope you get good news from it . As you say you won't know till monday i guess .

Not sure what we shall do , i dunno . I have just validated so we have time ... but then again the boys is just starting his second year at grammer & its getting to that crucial time for him .

we may knock it all on the head , i don't know

we may knock it all on the head , i don't know[/QUOTE]

Same here, we have emigrated to Brisbane twice and have residency.
In the process of going again but seriously thinking about not going too.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice

so you have someone waiting in the wings , so thats cool ?
Yes we're lucky to have someone waiting in the wings but they have two other people in their chain - which really means nothing as there wasn't a chain with my other buyer and look where we got with that.

Don't you go giving up now either especially as you have the visa. Don't know how old your son is but our eldest is 14 and starts year 10 next week. We were planning on giving it until January when he would start year 10 in Oz and like Tina says what will be here for them when they leave school?

I know it's easy for someone else to tell you what you should do. I wish you well in making the best decision for yourself and your family

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Hi Dawn. Why can't the other possible buyer make you an offer & tell this other one to sling their hook Seems they have really messed you about!
Hi tawkins1, the other buyer is quite happy to offer and already says that they want the house but hubby has given the first buyer a deadline of next Friday Mad fool!

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Oh Dawn what a horrible thing to happen - your buyer is such a piece of work. I know it will take longer but I would sell to your friend - they could buy the searches and the survey off the first buyer to speed the purchase up.

The other option is to give the buyer a gifted deposit. Increase your price by 5% and give it back to him. Then he has a 10% deposit.
In my heart of hearts I think we will end up selling to my friend unless the chain collapses above her I actually don't feel stressed out since finding out about our buyer, in a way I feel like a weight has been lifted because something just never felt right. Therefore I don't know if I'd trust him to offer a gifted deposit. After waiting 8 weeks for him to announce he hadn't got his mortgage after loads of obstacles, I don't think I could sit and wait for more possible excuses again.

Fingers crossed that you get some possitive news soon

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
What a bummer, Dawn. Hope everything gets sorted for you.

Oh Dawn, why couldn't they buyer be honest with you in the first place.:curse: It's so annoying when this happens.
I agree, we've been honest with them but not everyone's like that and it's just frustrating when you have to deal with these people.

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Cant help it its so quiet in my house I have to make some noise or I wont know where I am

that and I diddn't notice the caps lock was on
PMSL

SM
Good luck

Dawn x
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

Codify is on a distinguished road

The other option is to give the buyer a gifted deposit. Increase your price by 5% and give it back to him. Then he has a 10% deposit.
Although that's technically mortgage fraud if he doesn't declare it to his mortgage lender; and if he does declare it, they won't count it as being a deposit.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:43 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Get that record player wound up ,
Stick your earphones in. That's what I'm doing.

Was gunna do that but dont want to disturb my neighbour what with her husband having just died would feel a bit bad dancing around the living room singing into my hairbrush ( not a pretty sight)

What happen with the EA?
Sorry tina, but that made me laugh about singing into your hairbrush.

i dunno , they are ringing me back ....... i'm sure they will .... sometime .... maybe .

So you off to cinema ? whats on ?
Sounds like my EA. Was supposed to ring on Wednesday, phoned me back today.

Not going cinema now OH has taken the car and friends car is sick ) so was going on the bus but theres a bloody bus strike

So just me and the putta and oh yes and the cats. Was gunna walk up the shops to get a take away but dont know what to have
Oh poo about the cinema. Have fish & chips. Mmmmmmmmm

Indian ., go for it . nice bit of mango chutney on the site

EA rung , said what i thought they would say so now we have decide if we can afford it .
Oh poo, S. Good luck with your decision.

Dont eat Indian, boring aint ihad southern fried chicken and chips can almost hear my heart clogging up

Wouldn't worry bout the wall knocking, viewers do that but they dont know why Look at it as half a chance of them buying it

DONT you dare knock it on the head MR if you do I'm gunna come to your house and pinch your nipples so hard

I know it a tough time for your boy but what happens if you stay and when he leaves school there will nothing here for him.

Have good news there is a SOLD sign in my street had to go and touch it as I might not see another one for a while:
Sorry Tina but eurgh. That wouldn't be KFC would it. *where's the sick smilie*.

PMSL about the sold sign.

aye i forgot myself for a min there

i pay good money for that
Don't you dare think about jacking it in. You've come much too far for that. I know we have all been there but you've just got back from our validation and had a wicked time.

Put into perspective, man.

(that's me telling you off)

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I know that in the end, we have been incredibly lucky but we had made a decision before we went on the market about how low we could afford to go. I just was not prepared to be really struggling financially right from the very start.
You do have time on your side for now though.May be worth taking it off the market & rethinking in 12 months?
Only you guys know the answer to this one so good luck S & R!
I so agree with you SC.

SM
Good luck SM. We too have a viewing tomorrow and my house is a tip. Mad cleaning session tomorrow.

Jeez, Tina stop using so many smilies.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Stick your earphones in. That's what I'm doing.

Sorry tina, but that made me laugh about singing into your hairbrush.

Sounds like my EA. Was supposed to ring on Wednesday, phoned me back today.

Oh poo about the cinema. Have fish & chips. Mmmmmmmmm

Cant had that the day before!! God I'm turning into a junk food freak

Oh poo, S. Good luck with your decision.

Sorry Tina but eurgh. That wouldn't be KFC would it. *where's the sick smilie*.

No worse a cheaper local chicken and pizza shop

PMSL about the sold sign.

Don't you dare think about jacking it in. You've come much too far for that. I know we have all been there but you've just got back from our validation and had a wicked time.

Put into perspective, man.

(that's me telling you off)

I so agree with you SC.

Good luck SM. We too have a viewing tomorrow and my house is a tip. Mad cleaning session tomorrow.

Jeez, Tina stop using so many smilies.
Good luck with the viewing today what time are they due????

My house is still tidy think OH and DS should go camping more often. The sun is shining I'm off to the cinema tonite to see mama mia as I'm the only person in the world who hasn't seen it hahaha

Good luck everyone hope you all have a lovely weekend xx

PSML about the smilies I think thats why I like the other side they let you have more of them
Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I'm back!!

MIL has gone home at last! left me with a huge pile of washing and a fridge full of rotting food. She wouldn't eat what we eat so I had to go and buy different food for her.:curse: I thought I knew what she didn't like, but she seems to have got some sort of OCD and will only eat certain sorts of certain things. ARGGHHHHHH worse than a child.:curse:

Still haven't exchanged. Now we are waiting for a cheque to get to the mortgage comapny for the survey. WHY WASN'T this DONE MONTHS AGO????:curse: We have found a rental but we are too scared to commit in case it all goes wrong and we end up paying for a rental and the mortgage for months while we sit here waiting. What is wrong with these people???????????????:curse:
Old Aug 30th 2008, 11:11 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the viewing today what time are they due????

My house is still tidy think OH and DS should go camping more often. The sun is shining I'm off to the cinema tonite to see mama mia as I'm the only person in the world who hasn't seen it hahaha

Good luck everyone hope you all have a lovely weekend xx

PSML about the smilies I think thats why I like the other side they let you have more of them
Thanks, Tina. Due at 3.30pm.

You're not the only one who hasn't seen Mamma Mia, I haven't seen it either.

I agree about the smilies.

I'm back!!

MIL has gone home at last! left me with a huge pile of washing and a fridge full of rotting food. She wouldn't eat what we eat so I had to go and buy different food for her.:curse: I thought I knew what she didn't like, but she seems to have got some sort of OCD and will only eat certain sorts of certain things. ARGGHHHHHH worse than a child.:curse:

Still haven't exchanged. Now we are waiting for a cheque to get to the mortgage comapny for the survey. WHY WASN'T this DONE MONTHS AGO????:curse: We have found a rental but we are too scared to commit in case it all goes wrong and we end up paying for a rental and the mortgage for months while we sit here waiting. What is wrong with these people???????????????:curse:
At least she's gone.

What a bummer for you, FA. You'll get there eventually and you can think back on this time with a glass of wine in hand and feet dangling in the pool in the sunshine of Oz.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Tina. Due at 3.30pm.

You're not the only one who hasn't seen Mamma Mia, I haven't seen it either.

I agree about the smilies.

At least she's gone.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a bummer for you, FA. You'll get there eventually and you can think back on this time with a glass of wine in hand and feet dangling in the pool in the sunshine of Oz.
Thanks Janine - Fingers and toes crossed for 3.30pm. I hope the other people who are interested come back with an offer too. I've just asked my St Joe if he can see to this for you.

Tina - I've asked for a whole hord of viewers for you!!

If this goes on much longer, there will be no point moving into a rental, we might as well just go to Oz. It's only the wretched visa which is stopping us, but this week they have granted some of our class, so hopefully we'll get it in a couple of weeks. It's a race, which will we do first - get the visa or get the exchange???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.