Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Aug 5th 2008, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Originally Posted by Dawn-D
Hi Tina,

Gosh what a nightmare, just when you think your ready to exchange. It's such a nightmare this selling lark. When do you hope to exchange now and how long before you'll be heading for Oz? Which part was it your going to again?

Our surveyor has just left and the plan is to exchange on 11th Aug, complete 26th Aug and fly out end Aug/beg Sept We're heading for Townsville, Queensland!

Hope all goes well for you from now on See you on the other side - bro, not oz, the 'darkside'

Dawn x
fINGERS CROSSED IT WILL BE THIS WEEK BUT i FEEL LIKE i'VE BEEN SAYING THAT FOR AGES

Just put flights on hold for the 19th Aug and hope to head off to Adelaide

Sorry but caps lock I didn't mean to shout
Old Aug 5th 2008, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by edie209
Just heard on the radio that Mr Brown is considering suspending the stamp duty to reignite the housing market
Well, could he get a shift on please & do it!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 5:53 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Well, could he get a shift on please & do it!
The result is around the end of August hun xx Thats when we'll know.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

HURRY UP MR BROWN!! need a decision like yesterday, don't want prices to fall anymore.....
Old Aug 6th 2008, 1:16 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi girls
Well we have 7 days before we fly to validate our 175 visas!!!!!
Wonder if I'm the only 175er who has to validate?
Anyway.......great news Kaye......completion set at last!!!! Bet you're glad you validated now eh hun?
Been trying to figure out that code you're all using for another forum.....PMSL

moc.ofomorboy (hee hee)

Beth x x
Old Aug 6th 2008, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

Hi all, Come on guy's does anybody really believe that suspending stamp duty is going to bump start the housing market?

Bushy, the ex EA! (BRANCH MANAGER MADE REDUNDANT EARLY JUNE!!!)

Originally Posted by edie209
Just heard on the radio that Mr Brown is considering suspending the stamp duty to reignite the housing market
Old Aug 6th 2008, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Hi girls
Anyway.......great news Kaye......completion set at last!!!! Bet you're glad you validated now eh hun?

moc.ofomorboy (hee hee)

Beth x x
See you soon Beth, Hope you are doing Ok, looking forward to meeting you

Tracy
xxxxxx
Old Aug 6th 2008, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Hi girls

moc.ofomorboy (hee hee)

Beth x x
do you need a mirror beth?!?!
Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:11 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
See you soon Beth, Hope you are doing Ok, looking forward to meeting you

Tracy
xxxxxx
Hiya love.......yes it won't be long til the hippo arrives in Oz!!!! Will email you over the weekend to arrange a date in Melly ok

Originally Posted by mOZzy
do you need a mirror beth?!?!
Does help....ROTFPMSL
Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:19 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya love.......yes it won't be long til the hippo arrives in Oz!!!! Will email you over the weekend to arrange a date in Melly ok

Does help....ROTFPMSL
Stop it

Dont make me spank you......
Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:23 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Beth I was just thinking about you today, i was giving the house a good clean before we leave in the next day or 2 and I had as a reward for all my hard work a WHISPA mcflurry It was lovely.

Anyway have a great holiday and remember cairns is still there should you need it

kaye
Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

ellejayh has a brilliant futureellejayh has a brilliant futureellejayh has a brilliant futureellejayh has a brilliant futureellejayh has a brilliant futureellejayh has a brilliant future

Hi everyone!
Good to see lots of good news on this thread recently, although also lots of the stress that unfortunately inevitably comes with house selling

We have another viewing tomorrow, I was supposed to be sleeping as I'm on nights at the moment at work but I thought as there are so few viewers around if I turn them away they may never come back!

I thought this website might be a good thing for people to look at, you can list your house up for sale on it for free and if you don't want to have the hassle of going through it without the dreaded EA you can even put their details down for viewers to contact them. I just thought the more advertising the better right.

www.zoopla.co.uk
Old Aug 6th 2008, 3:30 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
Stop it

Dont make me spank you......
Could do with a jolly good spanking TBH

Originally Posted by wardy2
Thanks Beth I was just thinking about you today, i was giving the house a good clean before we leave in the next day or 2 and I had as a reward for all my hard work a WHISPA mcflurry It was lovely.

Anyway have a great holiday and remember cairns is still there should you need it

kaye
I've just been busy...........wait til I get back from Oz!!!!

Beth x x
Old Aug 6th 2008, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

EA have aske me to consider accepting my viewers offer for 10k less than the asking price. I appreciate this is all I may get further down the line, (not sure how Mr Brown decision will affect things), but my concern is the house has only been on for 3 weeks, and I put the asking price for 5k less than the majority of the values. Now tempted to hold out, but really not sure. I've had one other viewer since, but no come back. Don't want to cut my nose off so to speak, but don't want to be taken for a mug as its only been on for short time, and it is a good price for area/house etc.
Any opinions gladly received.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflower7
EA have aske me to consider accepting my viewers offer for 10k less than the asking price. I appreciate this is all I may get further down the line, (not sure how Mr Brown decision will affect things), but my concern is the house has only been on for 3 weeks, and I put the asking price for 5k less than the majority of the values. Now tempted to hold out, but really not sure. I've had one other viewer since, but no come back. Don't want to cut my nose off so to speak, but don't want to be taken for a mug as its only been on for short time, and it is a good price for area/house etc.
Any opinions gladly received.
IMO take it - but put in writing that you will not go any lower under any circumstances. This might be your only sale and the market is probably going to be slow for a long while yet.

Well done on getting an offer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.